RULES & GUIDELINES FOR BOTY 2011
0) Rule zero is that photos must be hosted on the BMX Society server. You can upload pics here directly. It's free & easy. But PLEASE keep your photos under 500kb.
1) Each member may submit any quantity of bikes as long as they meet the other criteria below. Please note however that any single bike may only be entered in one class. In other words if you have a bike that qualifies for two classes, you must choose only one class in which to enter that bike.
2) The Bike submitted should be a bike that you either acquired or finished building this past year, Jan 2011 to present. Please do not submit bikes from previous years that you have simply switched out some components. The obvious exception to this rule would be bikes entered into the survivor class. See survivor class rules addendum below and in that class' own thread.
3) You must still own and possess the bike and all the components shown as entered. You may be asked to prove it. So be prepared to do so please.
4) You must enter complete, assembled bikes. This means, for example, that you should have a chain on it.
5) To enter you must submit the following details:
a) At least one photo. Submit as many photos as you like, but please concentrate on quality. * The photos must be hosted here on BMXSOCIETY.COM (SEE RULE ZERO AT TOP). Photos that do not meet the hosting criteria will be deleted. If you need to learn how to post photos, please see this post:
Illustrated Photo Posting Tutorial.
b) Details regarding Frame and Fork manufacturer, model and year if known.
c) Components list
d) Re-finished bikes and components are allowed and welcome. However, please identify any re-finished (paint, powder, chrome, ano, etc.) parts. Also identify any reproduction or so called "Re-issue" part including decals, pads, etc. Old school bikes that have been refinished in non-factory, non-original colors may be entered into the class correct for the era, genre and wheel size, HOWEVER... the fact that the color was not offered originally must be specified in the build list in parenthesis next to the frame/fork ID. Please voluntarily abide by these standards. They are designed to give everyone the best understanding of each bike so we are able to compare and contrast with discernment.
e) Any special comments or interesting details that you'd care to add.
Please note: There is a panel of members who will be scrutinizing all entries in an attempt to make sure that everyone is abiding by all the BOTY parameters. We will call you on a non-identified refurb or refinish or reproduction. Please don't get defensive and angry... these are the rules and we intend to make sure all entrants abide by them. You can help make things go smoothly in this regard by abiding by the standards we've set to the best of your ability and from the outset.
6) The Schedule for submissions, voting, and the final election of overall BOTY 2011, is as follows:
* Submissions for all categories: Dec. 9 through Dec. 18
* Voting for class winners: Dec. 20 through Dec. 26th
* Voting for overall winner: Dec. 27 through Jan. 1
* BOTY WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED JANUARY 2nd 2012
** please note that this schedule is subject to some slight alteration **