Sign in to follow this  
Muxster

The "om" Has Cracked Open The Old School Vault

This is from Scot "OM" Breithaupt's personal picture vault...many more to come..

SE_RACING_HAS_IT_copy.jpg

now how is that bike standing up on its own??? PK Ripper...the ultimate balance!

its epoxied to the board! :lol:

keep those old ads and pics coming!!

Is that some hippy bmx cult? Are they brainwashing the blonde one? Are they all channeling their ESP together to keep the bikes balanced?

:blink:

That's no Ripper! That's either a BDIII or a JU-6. I'm thinking it's the BDIII. Now if anyone can tell me what BDIII stands for, I'll hook 'em up with an old SE decal at Elysian (gotta get ther early though)!

And bonus points to however can guess who Scot's talking to in the picture.

PK

Another thing. This picture was taken at the first dealer trade show SE had a booth at. The year was 1978 and I just got on the team. You see those pictures to the left of us? The top one is Stu, and the 2 guys below that are JU and myself. Those were original Haro drawings and as always goes at trade shows Bob shows up just a couple of minutes before it all started and applied them to our booth.

derek brown...dbIII

sorry Derek Brown DBIV

Nope, Derek Brown was DBIV, but the question is "what does BDIII stand for"? Bonus points goes to who can name the rider who won that ABA Fall Nationals (and what class) riding this frame when it made it's debut.

WELL I'M WRONG.... WON'T BE THE LAST TIME..lol

BREITHAUPT DESIGN III (SP?)

BREITHAUPT DEVLOPEMENT NUMBER 3 NO GIVE ME MY STICKER...lol

I DID NOT EMAIL SCOT IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING...LOL

I will guess Greg?

Thats you Perry at the left. Dunno about the woman but she looks important

Ok Perry , I will say .... Rod Beckering won the race but I do not know what class...and if I am wrong, blame one of your old team mates for the wrong answer..LOL :dance:

we all know the OM has some shots of Billy Wouda, lets see em !!!

Bobby

Hey Beer!

Yeah, Bronco won the initial race on that bike. He won the 13 ex, 13 Open and the 13 & Under Trophy Dash. Funny thing was that Scot gave him that bike because he was only 13, but he was at least 5'9" tall and that bike had probably a 17" top tube. No matter, he kiced @$$ on it. That was also his first National on the team He drove up there with myself, Dave Ynzenza, and Byronious. Stu and Jeff U flew to the race.

There was one more SE frame that was debuted that weekend, and it won the Pro class and Trophy Dash. Who won that race, and what frame was it.

Bobby,

I've never met you but BITD I hung out with your dad. I also knew your Aunt Vicki pretty well, as well as your Grandma Mini. I remember getting in trouble with your pop at Yarnell. He was fun to go riding with, that's for sure. I was sure sad when I heard of his passing. When you talk to your aunt or grandma please tell them I said hi and let me know where to get in touch with them.

PK

Perry, was the other frame that debuted the STR-1 ???????

GREAT stuff there Perry. Wouda has some awesome pics to share..

Larock,

No, it wasn't the STR-1. That right there should narrow it down. But if we are talking about the STR-1, that bike also debuted with a National win. Name the national that bike won, and also no-one has answered my original question.

Come on, you guys know your BMX history, don't you?

When these questions are answered, I got another one.