Sign in to follow this  
Joeblizzard

SE serial numbers

:blink: Is there a way to find out the year of an SE bike per it's serial number, Like the GT frames( first for numbers show the month and year) :wacko: Thanks for any help.

Joblizzard

Guest victor

whats the serial #?

It's not all that easy. The earlier ones have dates, but after the 90s, that kind of went away.

Joe SE serial numbers were pretty much not date related after the Reynolds SN's. My chromo is SN AS-91379. It would make sense that the first two numbers being 91 that it would be a '91 frame but I don't think that it works that way. Mine is pre canti mounts. Does the one that you listed the SN for have canti mounts? This probably didn't help much but.....

:blink: No, the assassisn I have does not have canti mounts. So not really sure on the year. I would like to buy forks for it. But I am not sure if the frame is 1'' or 1 1/8''. Like the one's you have for sale look really good!

P.S I will try to post a Pic. :huh:

Joblizzard

Here are some pics of the Assassin Pro XL frame. sorry the site does not let me upload my pics!!!! :angry: Give me your e-mail address and I will send them there.

Joeblizzard

Joe I sent you an email.

Joe are you getting those? I sent you one from each of my emails. :nana: :smoke: :pirate:

My quad is 00120. Help me out on that year could ya". alright I am throwin numbers out as I know. But SE and alot of other companies could have learned from companies like GT who put the month and year on the frames.

Hey Duckster. I am assuming that your SN is on a looptail Quad? I would say that your frame is a '79-'80 mild steel looptail Quad. Pic, pic, got a pic?

Well by that serial with no pictures I'm going to guess it is a 2008 Retro PK Ripper made in China. This thread was about SE Racing as an American owned company. That company folded in Oct 1999 and has been owned by a Chinese company since 2000 that didnt actually put the brand back in business until 2003. The company was named ASI (also owned Fuji) but ASI went bankrupt in 2019 so I'm not sure who the mother brand is now. Post a pic of your bike or email me at brianhaysbmx@yahoo.com

On 11/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, jaysee said:

can someone help me have a SE serial number ICF4I00085

No. It means absolutle nothing. You have a 2003-newer Chinese owned SE frame. Post a pic and I can help but the serials are useless.