Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Gt Lovers...

So, I am a graphic artist (what i do to pay the bills anyway)...not a silkscreener...

I have to resort to iron-on transfers to recreate my jerseys...d'oh! And the things suck after the first wash...

I love watching kids' expressions when riding with them on. The best though, are the people our age who have to take a "double-look".

Obviously finding originals like these in adult XL are hard to come by, if not, impossible...so thus, the '85 repop with '86 colors.

Would be awesome if someone out there silkscreened as a hobbie and wanted to make a handful of these for us GT freaks!

Anyone?, Anyone?....Bueller?, Bueller?

Cheers!

GT_Jersey.jpg

Mav my boy from bitd has his own SS shop and it just so happens that he is the same friend that I used to hang with bitd who had a half pipe in his back yard so he might be down to do something for us ! He already told me we could do pads easy !

Sweet. I tried to burn a screen myself and ended up having a big glob of paint. Luckily i used a piece of cardboard to test the thing on instead of a new shirt. Needless to say, SS is quite the skill. And the initial setup fee is where all the cost lies. I wanted 5 and the place i went to quoted me an outrageous amount.

I remember GT having multiple variations of this shirt ranging from black shirts with white print to red shirts with white print, to yellow shirts with blue and white print, to white shirts with just black, or black and yellow. The placement of logos also varied. The Yes logo changed from the one on that shirt to the one with a check mark. The color schemes are endless.

I have all of the files in vector format and ready to be burned to a screen...

Run the idea by your boy and see if, when he has some downtime, he would be willing to make some and how much he would want to charge.

I was just using Hanes longsleeved Beefy-Ts. And basically the back of the shirt had exactly what the front did, just up a little bit higher.

Edited by Maverick

Sweet. I tried to burn a screen myself and ended up having a big glob of paint.

Ummmm, try using ink next time LOL

Sweet jerseys Mav. Guys, I'm totally in if we could get some made up. :14:

Oh yeah, killer "clubbing attire"! lol........great stuff!

I'm going to try to look in to it soon ! I'll try not to let you guys down. Maybe I can get Tim (my childhood friend) to become a member ? We'll see ! Brian

ummmmmm. 3rd gear,he is a member here......does shirts..........you may know him.... :break:

I can do them if you like... I also have an old GT/DYNO jersey lt blue on white jersey...

I will take a pic tonight when I get home... and I would have to see the files... It would not be to much.

awesome. obviously one color process would be the way to go so you wouldn't have to burn more than two screens (one for the front and back, and one for the side). But then what do i know...i only read a book on it once and I still screwed up!

That would be killer! The light blue on white is my favorite. If you can do it, I'm in for a couple of em. :18:

I want one! Too cool!javascript:emoticon(':32:')

sweeet :lol: I'm in too, my jerseys no longer fit me either, it would be nice to have one that did

Justin

I will look at mine and come up with a price... they will be a very fair price... :nobull:

Good I want some ! If you BS then I will ask my old friend ! I would rather you do it because your ugly and I know you can use the money !

LMAO ! Got Cha

Alright, I am putting the files together for a one-color screen process then. 3rd, you want these in a vector pdf or eps format? Let me know where to email them as well...

Cheers.

i love those old gold dyno pants...anyone recreate's those bad boys and I'm in on it.

As for the shirts, I have only had an '85 GT jersey in my hands to study...thus the files I made are of it.

Recreating the one's you have shown there would definitely be fun though...nothing like an array of 80s GT jerseys in the closet. I'd be interested in the '82 if you're having a bunch made. Let me know.