Sign in to follow this  
AndyDiamond

Eric Rupe Mongoose Score

Here's the Eric Rupe Mongoose.

I think it is an Eric Rupe as the top and down tubes are the same size.

Decals are not originals.

SERIAL NUMBER: J4000498

Frame is pictured with Tange Aero forks but I did get Mongoose forks with it (see bottom pic).

> SR Stem

> junk seat clamp

> DiaCompe caliper

> Sugino Supermaxy cranks

> TufNeck Chainring

> SunTour XCII Pedals (1st gen)

> Tange haedset (MX3?)

WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE BARS?

Junk?

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.36.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.37.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.36.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.37.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.38.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.38.28 PM.png

EricRupeSide1.jpg EricRupeFront.jpg EricRupeBars.jpg EricRupeSide2.jpg EricRupeFull.jpg MongooseForks.jpg

Mmmm, beefy. The rear tubing looks pretty fat too. That puppy is Phat all over. I bet she looks killer if ya fix her up.

:14:

Yeah, and those bars are a bit tweaked, so yes they are junk. LOL

it looks like its a nice length & certainly looks strong, fresh powder & it will look awesome :32:

hard to tell under the dirt but is the frame damage free?

seems to be no cracks, rewelds etc.

Hard to tell, like you say.

Looks like a dog's breakfast right now - lol

FORDO - you sure about that?

I agree also, I remmy seeing cw mini bars like that bitd.

nice ....build sheet and test in august 1985 bmx action.shown in the test with 3 piece proclass cranks and series 3 hard anno rims,oakley o wing grips.2 1/2 degrees more kicked out head angle from the proclass.1 1/4 top and down tubes and 3/4 tubing on rear section.1 1/8 top tube and 1 1/4 down tube on the proclass.looks like you have a rupe there :18:

wow 3 top scores

the bmx gods are smiling you Andy ! :32:

now thats a good week !

nice ....build sheet and test in august 1985 bmx action.shown in the test with 3 piece proclass cranks and series 3 hard anno rims,oakley o wing grips.2 1/2 degrees more kicked out head angle from the proclass.1 1/4 top and down tubes and 3/4 tubing on rear section.1 1/8 top tube and 1 1/4 down tube on the proclass.looks like you have a rupe there :18:

yep - I just notcied there are four small holes for where the head tube badge should be too.

hmmmm - VERY INTERESTING UPDATE

I just checked the serial number with a Mongoose guy and he says it 'looks 84'.

This would make it a very early team or factory prototype as the ER Signature didn't come out til mid-85.

That could explain the odd decals too - pre-production one-offs?

They look a bit too well done for home-made decals plus the Oakley logos are actually screend on to the frame....

Factory bike?

Add to this the undrilled Mongoose fork which is unusual.....

Could it be Eric's original bike?

How could it end up in New Zealand?

Easy - here's a pic of Eric in New Zealand, January 1985.

Note the white frame and the chrome fork......

Check it out...

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 2.41.21 PM.png

EricRupe.jpg

That will build up nice. Not much as far as a survivor, but will powder up nicely. The problem will be the exact decals.

Most definitely Andy! Then find out through that scan what else you'll need to get it where he had it! Looks as if you may have something there! Good Luck! :32:

I know this is a long shot. I believe I have something very special to the Bmx Community. on 10-7-20 I recieved a bike that my mom, she  was about to throwaway. It was a older bike i believe a prototype. i have posted it to numourous bmx sites and no one has been able to Identify it. if some one could contact me 928-514-1250, I believe its a 85 Eric Rupe serial number F5000xxx.

I use to own this bike……back in 1992/93 my dad brought this from a guy at Auckland Nz bmx nationals….i was only 12/13 at the time. The pictures are exactly how i left it……decals and all. The guy my dad brought it off believe it was an og eric rupe bike……do you still have this bike?

Last time i seen this bike was when I owned it in Gisborne Nz……

my dad brought the bike with all the decals that you see in the pics…….the only things I changed (my dad changed) was the handle bars to cw and the forks. I snapped the last handle bars on the race gate and cracked my forks due to landing on flat ground 

On 10/27/2005 at 2:18 PM, AndyDiamond said:

yeah.

I need to contact the gy it came from.

It if its Eric's goose I'd probably leave it as is.

Did you get it from a guy in Gisborne nz?

On 10/27/2005 at 2:18 PM, AndyDiamond said:

yeah.

I need to contact the gy it came from.

It if its Eric's goose I'd probably leave it as is.

26 minutes ago, Will said:

I use to own this bike……back in 1992/93 my dad brought this from a guy at Auckland Nz bmx nationals….i was only 12/13 at the time. The pictures are exactly how i left it……decals and all. The guy my dad brought it off believe it was an og eric rupe bike……do you still have this bike?

Maybe I could have been a bit younger……but definitely own this bike……  that’s my old spray paint mark on the rear (the pink)

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Did you get it from a guy in Gisborne nz?

I even had the white mongoose race gears as well ……..dam someone add me on fb so you guys can see the old photo’s (once i find them) 

What’s your FB?