Sign in to follow this  
Astrodamus

Mongoose Reissue

M6_Replica3.jpg

Whoever did this should be flogged.

At least Redline did it right with their retro-release.

They missed the boat in so many ways it's not even funny.

Redline incorporated all the features that made their brand an icon for decades.. the squareback, the forks, the flights, the V-bars, etc..

What was mongoose's icon? The motomag, the messenger seat, the vinyl pads, the stamping on all the important parts. They even went with the newer less desirable dropouts.

They used some cheap knock-off brakes like lee-chi, no-name black rims (wha??)

and the gold stem isn't even gold. Not to mention the top tube decals are backwards. Where is the snowflake sprocket mongoose was known for? What kind of stupid new school grips are those?

What a stupid idea.

:lol: tell us how you really feel!! I agree though and glad I did not buy one. It just a tiawan knock-off :fart:

Couldn't agree more Astro! Don't forget to mention Haro and their 25th anniversary bike. It was better also!

If the fade away of bmx didn't happen when it did this sort of thing would have made it happen for sure,unless you're gonna reissue a bike exactly as the original from yesteryear there's no reason to call it a reissue but rather a cheap knock off. :(

It would be nice to have a real reissue,one that the only noticeable difference was the serial #.I don't think bike companies realize or care that we are still out here & care about such things,if I ran one & we were doing a reissue bike it would be exactly the same as the original except for the serial#.

But that would probably cost too much so I would be out voted & made to deal with someone in China that would be making it for us,bad design,bad components & cheap azz materials. :angry:

Damn!!! A newbie busting your chops Astro!! :lol: I think theres a 20 post minimum on that. :)

Is the thing even chrome moly? All I can say is that I am glad that they didn't decide to re-issue the Moosegoose. I'm sure they would of Flucked it up as well.

Damn!!! A newbie busting your chops Astro!! :lol: I think theres a 20 post minimum on that. :)

It's not a newbie, I know who it is.

Pretty lame to sign up under a new name just to bust on someone..lol

Get a life!!

Really? You're brand new huh? Cool.. so you don't introduce yourself, but you sign up and your first day (Dec 21st) you decide to be critical of someone for something minor? Do you have any bikes?

But please don't misunderstand and think that when I'm asking you these questions that I don't know who you really are. We're not fools here!

Should I ask S.brothers or Jeff Norton to compare your IP to your other screenname? Wouldn't that be embarrassing to be exposed for such a wanker as to hide behind a second screen name? :D

Drop it hoser.. you've had too much eggnog.

Next time, be a man and say what you want to say under your true screenname.

well......

Just throw his real screen name out there if you know it Astro. I can only recall one other person making a comment on that chainwheel.