Sign in to follow this  
db-j

Db Turbo??

Guess you guy's would be getting sick of doin this, but could you help me id this DB??

I actually posted pics last year sometime and people were leaning towards it being an 83' Turbo striped of it's black/chrome finish but I'm just not sure.

I need to confirm as, (as much as I hate to conside defeat) I have to sell it along with the 84 turbo forks, and other bits I had collected, and I want to be a little more sure before selling it as a Turbo (don't wanna mess anyone around)

My pockets just aren't deep enuff to continue the build and with a few financial issues hanging over me, somethin's gota go. Instead, I'll just drool over the setups I see here on OS BMX..

:(

Thanks

Serial No: 3B0054 baseball

DB_F_F.jpg

head gusset...

Here's a few measurements if it helps

Top Tude: 17.5"

Seat Tube: bit over 10.5" (top of BB to top seat tude)

Down Tube: 18"

Chainstays: bit over 15" (behind BB to end of dropout)

:(

Thanks

DB_HeadGusset.jpg

Looks like a stripped down 83 Turbo to me, but without the black finish or decals, it isn't as desireable, by 83 the Senior Pro was out of the lineup, so there really should be no doubt that that is a Turbo frame.

The dimensions are pretty much identical to my 84.

How do you decipher DB serial numbers, what makes it a Turbo and when did they come out with the grey turbo frame? I have a grey painted frame that is chrome underneath the paint but the serial number 1x0449 with a baseball logo.

Thanks for the help Ramon. You knowledge base is well known so I'm gonna go with it being a stripped down Turbo. It's what I thought anyway.

As mentioned before I'm gutted in having to sell it and even now as I'm wrighting an add for ebay I'm searching for parts (some guy in Aust. in the next state to me has a turbo frame to sell, but also turbo stem, bars and wheelset....ahhhhhh :cuss:

Like you said the stripped down Turbo's aren't as desirable but if anyones interested, check fleabay in a couple ov hours..

:no:

Hi, It could be a team BD some of them still came out up to 84. they are not worth much ?

But nice one anyway .

DD

The first digit is the last number of the year, the letter is the batch and the last numbers are the frame number:

1x0449

1=1981 x =batch 0449= 449th frame made in 1981.

Baseball is a Trademark symbol from Japan.

Hey dude,

Can you tell me how you messured the top tube ? did you go centre to centre, it sounds short to me or can someome tell me. 17 1/2 doesn't sound right. :blink:

Hey DigDug, how u doin, pretty sure I measured centre of seatpole to centre of headtube, but I'll check it again when I get home, for your interest.

It's definitely not an 84', as already mentioned, the first letter is the year of production so, 3B0054 basball = 1983.

Hey, centre to centre thats cool!

I said that DB made a frame called TEAM they had blue stickers on them! They made them up till 84. I didn't say anything about your frame been 84. It is a 83 Koizumi frame. I just don't think it is definately a turbo.

I know it took awhile but.. Here is the rear stay of my Turbo. Sorry for the silver overspray. Still haven't gotten it all off yet. SN puts it in the ballpark that is for sure. Once the original finish is gone hard to tell. Hope it helps a little anyway.

PS: Ramon my fork is not stamped anywhere. Yours are?

00P3200001__2_.JPG

Here is a shot of the Super Streak that Seadooit has now. Just for reference sake.

sstreak2.JPG

Well, auction over and some lucky guy now owns my Turbo. Good luck to him, hope he can restore it to anything even close to what I pictured...

Thanks for the pics STR-1

Hi Guys

I'm having a little debate about whether the Silver Streak frame was ALL Cr-mo.Now i remember the Viper being half steel,half cr-mo but i was sure that the Streak was 100% Cr-mo.

Any ideas? :24:

Thanks