Sign in to follow this  
PandaProAm420

All Things Panda

I have wanted to do this for some time, and now that a few other members have shown some interest I will use this thread to sort of compile all the Panda info and pix and etc that I can.

anyone who can identify these bikes or their owners LMK, I will give credit to owners/photographers etc. I just wanted to get the pix up and then sort it all out later.

Panda Owners:

If you can't or don't know how to post pix, send me any pix, serial #'s and info you have and I will compile it all here.

Thanks,

Drew

:13:

First off, my Panda factory leathers

DSCN0594web.jpg

first version of the famous Panda Pro Am magazine ad. Who didn't want that bike and the trophy girl when they saw this? :18:

81pandaad.jpg

• Like 1

The only BMXA cover not to feature a rider. This bike was a superstar all on its own.

"Mr. Osborn, I am ready for my close up now" ;)

panda.jpg

Model: 16" Raider

Owner:

Serial #:

16_raider.jpg

Model: 20" Panda Pro Am Replica/Raider, originaly purchased early 1981

Owner: Drew Monroe

Serial #: EK 26662

DSCN0227web.jpg

Model: 1981 Power Cruiser, original finish

Owner: Drew Monroe

Serial # E2CC 2734

DSCN0384web.jpg

Model: 24" Panda Raider

Owner: Shinburger (before pic)

Serial # :

24_panda.jpg

Model: NOS Power Cruiser flanked by 2 NOS 20"'s

2 damn sweet!

Owner: Jeff Kerr

Serial #:

Panda_frames_web.jpg

• Like 1

Model: Panda Elite

Owner: Hal

Serial #:

panda_elite.jpg

Model: 24" Panda Raider

Owner: Snorton (maybe not anymore)

Serial #:

Picture_3117.jpg

Panda ad circa 1981

panda_ad_web.jpg

Drew the Black 24 I am pretty sure is my red one now, they had cut off the back half of the downtube sticker.

The white Twin tube Panda Elite I am pretty sure belongs to Hal on Vintage.

I think it is earlier 79 or so my cousin rode one of those pretty light frame.

The guy in the ads I'm pretty sure is Dave Busby, I raced against him at Merritt and other places in the mid-70's, Dave and Alan Scott raced for them as well and I think Dave Gains did too.

Edited by spike

Well guys, before your Panda's...there was this. I've haven't decided what to do with her yet, other than clean and tune her up. This was the very 1st Panda bike to my knowledge. I hope to have her all cleaned and ready for Roseville next year. Tell me what you can about it.

th_panda_011.jpg

th_panda_010.jpg

th_panda_009.jpg

th_panda_007.jpg

th_panda_003.jpg

th_panda_002.jpg

th_panda_001.jpg

• Like 1

:blink: u know were that red cruiser came from :18: the black 16 pit used to be kevin's the black 24 that's now shinn's used to be kevin's also.

the other 3 pandas the cruiser and the 20's belong to scott raynes at 1 times. the rest who know's i had a mint 26 3 bar panda cruiser but it's long gone now.

the SHOCKER dont let sod buster see that :blink: that's a cool shocker. :blink:

YES THE BLACK 24 AND THE BLACK 16 WHERE MINE(GREEN CARPET) DEAD GIVEAWAY...

I STILL HACE A RED 16 FRAME SOMEHWERE IN STORAGE LEFT OVER I WAS GOING TO FINISH NEXT YEAR SOMETIME..

I HAVE A PANDA MONO IN THE TRAILER :nobull: BUT IT IS SODBUSTERS NOT MINE... :Live2ride:

Well guys, before your Panda's...there was this. I've haven't decided what to do with her yet, other than clean and tune her up. This was the very 1st Panda bike to my knowledge. I hope to have her all cleaned and ready for Roseville next year. Tell me what you can about it.

th_panda_011.jpg

th_panda_010.jpg

th_panda_009.jpg

th_panda_007.jpg

th_panda_003.jpg

th_panda_002.jpg

th_panda_001.jpg

Is that the one from Fresno? I cried when I found that auction already over. Are you just out to control everything Nor Cal :angry: lol. You are correct, that was the first Panda BMX bike, only 10 speeds before that. All correct except for the seat and missing the gas tank. If you decide to do more than shine it up and restore it some day I know where a dozen or so NOS forks are. That bike also came with the non suspension tripleclamp fork. That bike and a pre MotoPro Donahue frame are my two remaining holy grails.

• Like 1

If I remember right that auction ended early. Nice one Roc. I had my eye on that as well but not to add to the stable I just wanted to see who would end up with it. The above Panda Elite belongs to the one and only Bill Curtain. I have a euro Elite as well. Not sure how many othes exist. Those are the only two I have heard of. I do own an early Panda catalog that shows a complete Elite with a seat post that is bent forward to off-set the crazy seat tube angle. It was my grail for many many years and the master Darren Chan finally made it happen. I was looking through some old trade magazines I have and noticed an ad for a mini Elite. It was painted blue and had a 100 pound weight limit. Seemed to be the same size as a standard model just made of lighter tubing. I went and checked my frame and found some blue paint remnants in the BB and drop outs. I wonder if mine would be considered a mini. Glad I have a nos sticker set to install after repairs and a fresh blue powder coat!!! Might have to install some 28 hole 7bs as well.

Sorry, Randy. I didn't mean to make you cry...but the day may come when I'll need to part with it too, so I'll keep you in mind. I'm not sure if restoring it is in the works right now, I have too many other things on the plate right now, including a knockout entry or two for the Rock next year.

Dan, thanks for the kind word. Are you up to selling that frame yet?? Hit me back with a number.

I have a pic of Dave Busby riding a Panda with solid MC style forks at Merritt, wish I could post it.

post the link or send it to someone ..... some one will post it

I remember those Panda Ads vividly --- they were cool it that tacky 70's style (still 80'ssorta way)

I always dug them but never seen them much --- I vaguely remember 1 maybe 2 bitd .....

:32:

Yes, the three Pandas (the red 24" Power cruiser and the blue and green 20's) are mine. Add to that a nickel Panda Pro Am f/f please.

Thanks.

Scott (boyboy) Raynes

P.S. - Glad to see some old friends are still around.