Sign in to follow this  
ALOW1

91 Haro Master

This bike is currently stripped and is scheduled to go the the powder coater tomorrow. I am looking for some new stickers for it, NOS, Repo, or?

Does anybody know of anything?

a7_1.JPG

68_1.JPG

Edited by ALOW1

Yeah, I know something.... you should have never stripped that bike to begin with!

Far be it from me to tell someone else on how they should do their own bike, but from where I sit, and seeing the pics of that ride from ebay, you should have never stripped it down.

I'm not saying you'll never find those stickers because nothing is impossible, but good luck finding them, because they're next to impossible to find!!!

Ahhhh! Always have the stickers before you strip dude! Lesson learned Like the other guys said (no offense) You never should have stripped that. J

:no: :no: :no:

I knew I should have gone after that one....

No lesson learned from stripping the bike, the bike is not mine just trying to help somebody out by trying to locate some stickers and thought I would give this a shot.. The stickers that were on it were removed, they are still in one piece. Plans were and still are, if new ones can not be found then reproduction ones will be made.

And for the guy that says he should of went after this one when it was on eBay, maybe you should have, the guy who bought it only bid $2500.00 and it only sold for $450 or something like that.

From what I have read so far from the little bit of feedback I have got, these stickers would be a good one to reproduce?

And for the guy that says he should of went after this one when it was on eBay, maybe you should have, the guy who bought it only bid $2500.00 and it only sold for $450 or something like that.

Sounds like we've got a new Big Dog in the yard! :22: :22: :22: Wow... $2,500... he must have really wanted it!

I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Guess I'll just have to stick with my cheap, lowly 1st Gen Freestylers w/ Campy Graphites and the other 20+ Haros I have....

wow, a big dog with deep pockets and no clue about what the piece is actually worth. lol.

Sounds like we've got a new Big Dog in the yard! :22: :22: :22: Wow... $2,500... he must have really wanted it!

I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Guess I'll just have to stick with my cheap, lowly 1st Gen Freestylers w/ Campy Graphites and the other 20+ Haros I have....

Congrats on your 20+ Haro's. I dont care, a bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and this one is worth alot to someone thats all I was saying. I came here looking for stickers, I didnt come here to question what everybody else has.

Congrats on everybody and there Haro's and the like. I dont have BMX or Freestyle bikes, just came here out of the blue to try and help someone I know out.

Come on thin skin ! Don't get upset, they are just a little sensitive and $2500 is more then 3 times the amount anyone here has seen that bike sell for. They're not taking personal jabs at you, they just think it is a little entertaining and probably wish you hadn't stripped it to begin with.

Did you remove the original decals without a problem ? If so I may be able to help you and Welcome to the site ! Don't get all mad and leave over something so minuet

Guys RELAX ! He's brand new to the board and probably has no idea what the bike is worth in the collecting community ! LOL

Brian :40:

wow, a big dog with deep pockets and no clue about what the piece is actually worth. lol.

The bike is worth what he paid for it to the guy that owns it, if it wasnt he wouldnt of bought it. He has been looking for this exact bike for many years and decided to buy one finally. And it was obviously worth the 450 or so he paid to someone else otherwise bidding wouldnt of went up.

But who cares what its worth? I didnt come here asking what it was worth, I came here looking for stickers.

You guys can say what you want about ruining a good bike or what not but the bike is not done, you havent seen it, and you dont know what kind of stuff the guy is capable of doing.

So I am taking it that stickers are not being reproduced for this bike so back to one of my original questions.

Would this be a good sticker set to reproduce?

Come on thin skin ! Don't get upset, they are just a little sensitive and $2500 is more then 3 times the amount anyone here has seen that bike sell for. They're not taking personal jabs at you, they just think it is a little entertaining and probably wish you hadn't stripped it to begin with.

Did you remove the original decals without a problem ? If so I may be able to help you and Welcome to the site ! Don't get all mad and leave over something so minuet

Guys RELAX ! He's brand new to the board and probably has no idea what the bike is worth in the collecting community ! LOL

Brian  :40:

No I'm relaxed, I hang out on many forums so know what its like being a newbie....lol...

So lets get a couple of things straight, the bike IS NOT MINE, I'm just trying to help a childhood friend out with it. He didnt pay 2500 but that is what he put in for his maximum bid on eBay. I was just stating that to show that he really wanted this bike.

I didnt come on here to be all OH and AH someone spent this kinda money on this bike because he has deep pockets, it was a bike the guy always wanted and now that he had a chance to buy it he just went with it.

So the bike wasnt as clean as it looked in the pictures, and he was talking how it had lots of GT parts on it or something. He said that he had almost all the original stuff to go on it. He had the bike stripped, and is having it powdercoated.

Yes the stickers came off easily in one piece, I havent seen them in person but he told me on the phone as we talked about where we could get some made at and how he took them off as carefully as he could incase we couldnt locate new ones and had to go that route.

I also suggested that he take the frame to a custom car striper and airbrush guy that I know to see about having him paint new lettering on it , it was just an option I was throwing out.

Edited by ALOW1

I think any decal set that is hard to come by is worth reproducing. Sooner than later that bike will be desired by someone and they will buy one and do the exact thing your friend did and be "like where in the fug can I get decals yo?" Blamo, you have them and can set your price. Do it man. Welcome, and I think that bike is pretty cool, don't see them much, or at least I don't.

Use WD40 or any aerosol lubricant to remove any left over residue on the decal backing. Scan the decals you have and email them to the address below and tell em LARGE MARGE SENT CHA ! LOL Na Really tell him what your looking for an that I sent you his way. He should be able to help you :18:

rcrscott29@yahoo.com

Again Welcome and thanks for not rollin at the first sign of resistance !

OH YEAH ! Use Dawn Dish detergent to remove the WD40 or what ever it is you guys use to remove the GOO ! LOL

Congrats on your 20+ Haro's. I dont care, a bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and this one is worth alot to someone thats all I was saying.

... And just the same; nobody cares that your friend put in a bid of $2,500. It's his money; his bike; his life to do with what he wants.

That said, it's my right to freely place my opinion on things, just the same as it is yours, as well as anybody else in this country.

I answered your question about the availability of said stickers in question in the very first response to this thread. You were very vague as to its' true ownership when you said "This bike is currently stripped and is scheduled to go the the powder coater tomorrow." Maybe you didn't like my opinion on whether the bike should have been stripped down or not. I don't know... it makes no difference to me. If I offended you in any way, I'm sorry.

I made my comment about going after it because I feel that the bike should have been left as is, short of replacing the non-factory parts with some O.E. parts.

For all intense purposes, anyone who's had any time in this hobby knows that a bike with its original "clothes" (i.e. - paint / stickers / parts / etc.) is much more desirable, not to mention worth more money on the open market, if that's why one is buying a bike (let alone anything else in collecting).

These things are only original once. I don't care which way you slice it; that can't be replaced! Call me a purist if you will, but too many of these bikes are just getting torn apart, stripped down, repainted / powder coated and repopped stickers getting thrown on them. The majority of the bikes out there are without a doubt, in dire need of a full restoration. In the same breathe, there are also the select few out there that just need a little TLC, and they're just fine as they were found. Maybe a part here / a part there to replace, but not a 100% rebuild.

In my opinion (as well as quite a few others who responded to this thread), that bike should not have been stripped. As I said before in my FIRST reply, "Far be it from me to tell someone else on how they should do their own bike". Your friend is entitled to do whatever he wants with his bike. Everybody knows that. Everybody also should know that if you come onto a forum, there will be plenty of times people are going to disagree or agree with you on certain things.

This is one of those times....

There are a lot of different types of people on here (as well as elsewhere in this world) that do things differently than others. I understand this, as I understand maybe your friend felt the best thing to do with that bike was to strip it down. Once again, HIS CHOICE.

No, we don't know what the true condition of the bike was, or your friend’s capabilities. Nobody is questioning that. I, for one, was making a general opinion that it shouldn't have been stripped. Obviously, you didn't swallow that pill to well. Again, I'm sorry if you didn't like that. Just don't come on here or anywhere else for that matter and not expect someone to say the same type of things I and many others have said. You come to a forum for old school bikes, which consists of many different types of bike collectors / riders / restoration individuals. Some are going to feel you should leave things like that bike alone. Some are going to feel that it should be completely restored to make it good again.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...

BUILD IT HOWEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. IT'S YOURS!!!!

Now that I've bored the hell out of everyone making my point and explaining myself so there's no misinterpretation....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

Oh yeah, BTW - Welcome to the site! :32:

Let me know if you need help with anything around here!

-Sean

Welcome to the site LowOne. It's like an initiation. It's all good. :cheers:

Haro's are cool! :14: Your friend will do it up nice, I'm sure. Post pics as it happens. We love that here!

Sorry Sean, I couldn't get through all of that, so I hope I didn't repeat anything.. :lol:

j/k

No probs... it's all good. :True:

You guys know what happens when I get on my soap box or someone rattles my cage. I can be quite verbous at times.