Sign in to follow this  
choad666

cyclecraft

I just bought a cyclecraft cruiser f/f on the bay and would like to have a parts list and any info on cyclecraft. Thanks in advance for any help!

F/F's, Fredz bars, maybe seatposts and the Fredz fork(???? the special order fork). Other that, I don't believe CC offered anything else.

they had "fred'z legz" and "dirt legz". both were special order. Fredz were the ones that the fork arms extended past the dropout and dirt legz were the ones with a tube that went across under the steerer tube and the 2 arms extended down from there

The one I got has fredz forks judging by your discription. Was 119.00 too much for a f/f?

I would say that sounds like a fair price. Post a pic or two yo!!!!

I haven't gotten it yet. It looks like it'll need paint to start with though. I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

Still waiting on it! If cyclecraft didn't make parts, what would the norm be for parts (crank,wheels,etc.)?

It is a free for all yo....build it like you want too. Get a BMX rag or fish wrap and look at what parts were available from that time period. I usually try to stay era correct by selecting parts I would have wanted BITD. Certain bikes call for stock goodness, personally I like to build mine all as race set ups. I always try and select parts that I would have wanted on my ride if I was racing it.

Well I finally got it today. It definately needs paint but everything looks to be in pretty good shape(no dents,cracks,rewelds). Are these Fredz legs forks? Any Idea on what the bars are (the bottom is hollow all of the way through)? And how can you tell what year it is? Sorry for the game of 20 questions but I'd really like to find out what I've got and if it's worth going crazy on. There isn't a serial # on it but the inside of the dropout has AD on the top and XC on the bottom (ADXC). Thanks for any help!

551.jpg553.jpg

555.jpg557.jpg

Any color combo Ideas? I'm thinking white F/F But throw some ideas out for me!

Those are just the stock CC forks. Nice pick up BTW. Bars kinda look like DK 4 piece cruiser bars but hard to tell, might be cc bars too. Cool thing about CC is that you could have them custom paint your stuff, so go crazy with it.

I think you're right on the bars with DK. Looked at a set on the bay and they look pretty close to same. I got a set of silver letter with black outline decals coming so I think I might go with white F/F and silver or chrome parts. Whadda ya think of that?

They are not DK bars. I have the same bar. Mine are not knurled. I can't tell from the picture, but are those knurled ? I have had a few DK bars as well. The DK have a lower rise and are knurled. From what I have come up with, I believe they are Mcs cruiser bars. I located a matching Mcs 20" bar at Rockford this past summer. Same cut, angle, crossbar, ect..

The bars are not knurled. You probably have a better eye for these than I do! I saw a set on the bay and I couldn't tell the difference.

Anybody know what ADXC is? It is on the inside of the left dropout. No serial #.

Thanks for the help! Either way DK or MCS they are still going back on it 'cause they look pretty sweet!

I got ahold of Betty Martino and she said she has no record of this frame but it is a cycle craft. She said more than likely it was a team riders bike after 1992 when they sold the company but she doesn't know who it was because they didn't keep records after the company was sold.

AD was the team riders initials----Any ideas?

XC is xl cruiser

I just got a CC cruiser f/f too...no serial and "FF" and "XC" stamped on the inside left dropout...if you get any more info on it lemme know bro!

Thanks,

Mike