Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Elysian Park.... May 26th, 2007

is the vw racing event held that weekend well attended, troy? with all that traffic and all?

LOL! just giving you an internet noogie.

Right back attcha Tim,

It's the longest runing VW Dracing event in the world. They have held it on both summer Monday holidays for over 30 years. It's a distination. It's also a two day event! So we would leave on Saturday and drive home late on Sunday to avoid traffic! Second point, it's at a drag strip and not a public park! You know what Elysian Park is like after about 10am on any given Saturday-- just think what it's going to be like on a THREE DAY WEEKEND! Good luck, trust me I would go if I was in town. My point was not to slam the event or stand on my soap-TIM-box! It was to tell you that you might want to pick a weekend and keep that same weekend every year! Like the first Saturday in MAY!

Troy

Edited by empijones@aol.com

just funning on ya, troy. always have fun yakking with ya at the events. bummer ya can't make it.

hell rockford is father's day weekend every year.

The thing that really sucks, is I will be driving up the 5 fwy at 6am going to Sacto that morning-might even see some rides on the way. I am going to hate missing that event! I have been working on a build and thinning the collection for the swap. I wish Gonzo and OS-BMX a sucessful event!

Edited by empijones@aol.com

Right next to the Sodbuster History of Springs exhibit

Thats right kids! and remember "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that SPRING!!" :ROTFLMAO:

Sorry Troy i'll take the bike show. Sac raceway is the same POS place it's always been.

I can't imagine missing Elysian for that place if that's where your going. Is that Bugarama weekend?

Second point, it's at a drag strip and not a public park! You know what Elysian Park is like after about 10am on any given Saturday-- just think what it's going to be like on a THREE DAY WEEKEND!

YUP !..........THATS RIGHT 3>>>>>DAYS!!!!!!!!....... :break: :rocknroll:

:StackinChips:

:Liv2ride: :Liv2ride: AND I'm WORKING ON DAY NUMBER 2 !!!!!!!>......... :Liv2ride: :Liv2ride:

:7_15_4[1]:

:bravo:

:bravo:

ALSO EVERY YEAR IS JUST THAT THE GATHERING WILL BE HELD AT THE END OF MAY , HOLIDAY OR NOT :darkside: :bravo:

Thanks TROY !...... I hope you have a GREAT DRAG and win low 9's in 1/4 mile runnin at 10:2 compresion notched ...... Whatever you do DONT BLOW OIL !!!!!... in that HEAT !!... not to slam the event or anything dont get me wrong about that.......I wish you could make it i would like to see your new build...

shinburger,

Yes, it the BOR and when you race in a point series you have no choice over tracks. Sacto is the best event we attend because of the people. Sure I would like to run NHRA tracks all the time, but that would mean I would only be going to 3 VW races! Enjoy the event, hope the next one is not on such a busy weekend!

Troy

Man...Memorial Day Weekend!!! I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. I'm supposed to go to Iowa for my wife's friend's wedding. I'll see what I can do to make it!

T

Ah...I didn' realize that was part of a point series. Yep you do what ya gotta do. Have a great race.

Remember if you ever need fittings or stainless braided lines I have the largest AN fitting inventory on the west coast :32:

Thanks Shinburger-

What is your recommendation for replacing fuel lines (hardline main with 18"'s of braided runing the 48's)? Meaning how long before they go bad or you need to worry about interior cracking?

Troy

Thanks Shinburger-

What is your recommendation for replacing fuel lines (hardline main with 18"'s of braided runing the 48's)? Meaning how long before they go bad or you need to worry about interior cracking?

Troy

I always reccomend replaceing traditional braided line CPE inner every 2 seasons especially if you run reg.street gas or Alky. Race gas is alot easier on it. Cheap insurance especially if you move them around while working on them.

PM me I would be happy to set ya up with a good parts deal. Your hose ends are usually reusable. Anything XRP makes I have in stock.

Hi-jack over :)

Shouldn't you tag this at the top somewhere to view that first post page announcement?

Well I will not be able to make it this year due to scheduling at work.

When is the next swap at the Graphics place? I would love to make that.

I know I am going to do all I can to get out there. Does kind of yank for those of us with family and being out of town. I was thinking of bringing my daughters but not on that weekend. Crossing my fingers to make it work.

Well I am officially out. My daughter turns 5 on the 28th. Oh freakin well. I will just have to head out on my own time looks like.

STR-1, Take your daughter to Disneyland on Sunday. Make it a family vacation weekend. It's only a two hour flight from Denver to LAX. Rent a car to the BBQ Saturday. There's a great playground at Elysian park and always plenty of food. Book the family into a hotel in Anaheim for Saturday night and do Dizzyland on Sunday. Drive back to LAX on Monday, fly home. Perfect family vacation!!!

Just a Note: There is a Dodger Home Game on the same day 12 noon.

Same thing happened last year. No Big.

And its a holiday weekend... Get there early!!

See Ya There......................................................

Edited by SHADESSEAN

:homies: :homitas: :homies:

~~DIRECTIONS FROM VARIOUS STARTING POINTS~~

(5)-fwy North

Exit Stadium - (Riverside drive)

Left turn on Riverside drive proceed under bridge to Stadium way

Left turn on Stadium way

Left turn on Angels Point dr.

Follow road till you reach Angels field ,

Turn right in to the Park and KEEP TO THE RIGHT !!!!

THE GATHERING is located at the WEST end .

" Signs should be Posted "

:cheers:

(5)-fwy South

Exit Stadium way

Left turn on Stadium way

Left turn on Angels Point dr.

Follow road till you reach Angels field,

Turn right in to the Park and KEEP TO THE RIGHT !!!

THE GATHERING is located at the West end .

" Signs should be Posted "

:Liv2ride:

(110)-North to Down town L.A. to

(5)-fwy North

Exit Stadium - (Riverside drive)

Left turn on Riverside proceed under bridge to Stadium way

Left turn on Stadium way

Left turn on Angels point drive

Follow road till you reach Angels field,

Turn right into the Park and KEEP TO THE RIGHT !!!!

THE GATHERING is located at the West end .

I wish I could make it this year...........I need a Nomura 26......Anyone?

New member here.

Ill be there for sure ready willing and able to buy someones Loop PK Ripper...

It's on....I am 100% coming down. Me and Mike are towing down that Friday.