Sign in to follow this  
DZ-437

Anyone heard of the Garton Fox Corporation

I found this great old chopper and was thinking about restoring it. The only decal left on the thing is on the headtube and it says Garton Fox Corporation. Anybody heard of this company before?

Maybe...I had a sweet old chopper bike back in the day inbetween a mag scrambler and a Robinson. It was Maroon and had a plastic tank that said FOX and orange graphics. It blew away all of the chopper bikes I see today, I wish I still had it. Can you post / email pics? I wasn't into manufacturers back then, just cruising, so I don't remember anything but the color and the tank and the graphics...Ted

i think maybe they make one with actual spring rear suspension back in the day with gas tank not sure im not that old yet lol

I found this great old chopper and was thinking about restoring it. The only decal left on the thing is on the headtube and it says Garton Fox Corporation. Anybody heard of this company before?

Hello,I found a GARTON FOX CHOPPER last week. IT is a red color,red tank with orange FOX sticker on it,"SUPERGLIDE" on the chain guard. Can not find no info. I am wondering if I have the original wheels on it. They say SUN Metal 10-76. The hub is a Bendix Mexico 76. What brand and tread tires are on yours? I feel like this is a very rare bike and was made about 1976. Also there is a metalic sticker on the head tube "Garton Fox" PLEASE SEND ME PICS OF WHAT YOU GOT!! I will do the same.

8 year old thread... I doubt the guy who originally started this thread will respond.

I doubt the guy who originally started this thread will respond.

He's been MIA since 06 laugh.gif

Hello,I found a GARTON FOX CHOPPER last week. IT is a red color,red tank with orange FOX sticker on it,"SUPERGLIDE" on the chain guard. Can not find no info. I am wondering if I have the original wheels on it. They say SUN Metal 10-76. The hub is a Bendix Mexico 76. What brand and tread tires are on yours? I feel like this is a very rare bike and was made about 1976. Also there is a metalic sticker on the head tube "Garton Fox" PLEASE SEND ME PICS OF WHAT YOU GOT!! I will do the same.

Are you still there? I just found a garton fox chopper frame today at a salvage yard. Were you able to find any other info. What do you think it's worth? I wonder if it was made by Garton Toy Factory which makes pedal cars and tricycles. I believe they went out of business in 1974.

Here it is linked below. 1976 JC Penney Christmas catalog page 308. I read this from a different forum when they were trying to guess what the brand of that bike was on page 308. It's a Garton Fox. I think the other forum I read this on they were thinking an Iverson I believe.

http://www.wishbookweb.com/1976_JCPennyWeb/index.htm