Sign in to follow this  
AndyDiamond

Mike Miranda on CW

did cw make there cranks when pp rode for them?

if so why not put them on the bikes.

did cw make there cranks when pp rode for them?

if so why not put them on the bikes.

The CW cranks came out after the original Pistol Pete - I think around late 1985?

Believe it or not.... I got to meet mike in riverside, ca. We used to jump into the stater brothers parking lot. There was a nice table top jump there. But neither me or my friend Scott new how. One day mike and some guy on a bandito showed up! And Wow man! The coolest table tops coming from these guys. At the time I knew who mike Miranda was I also knew the other guys name but forgot. Sadly. Anyway not long after that I had bought an rrs cruiser from a friend . I was just a 13 maybe offered me a CW said it was owned by mike. It looks just like the one hes power sliding in. Man! I rode that bike forever! Fixed it up just the way I like it! It had CW bars and CW lean back seat post. Comp 111 tires,both skinny! CW plate. ACS Wheels and hubs . Yellow, black and gold 2 piece cranks and a gold chain! I rode it to visit my brother. And some stole it! 

Edited by Cw mikes??
Finish descriptions

On 10/13/2020 at 11:04 PM, Cw mikes?? said:

Believe it or not.... I got to meet mike in riverside, ca. We used to jump into the stater brothers parking lot. There was a nice table top jump there. But neither me or my friend Scott new how. One day mike and some guy on a bandito showed up! And Wow man! The coolest table tops coming from these guys. At the time I knew who mike Miranda was I also knew the other guys name but forgot. Sadly. Anyway not long after that I had bought an rrs cruiser from a friend . I was just a 13 maybe offered me a CW said it was owned by mike. It looks just like the one hes power sliding in. Man! I rode that bike forever! Fixed it up just the way I like it! It had CW bars and CW lean back seat post. Comp 111 tires,both skinny! CW plate. ACS Wheels and hubs . Yellow, black and gold 2 piece cranks and a gold chain! I rode it to visit my brother. And some stole it! 

Cool stuff.    Was it Tinker Juarez on the Bandito?

On 10/13/2020 at 11:04 PM, Cw mikes?? said:

Was that the stater brothers on Arlington and Adams across from harvest church?      If so I remember riding there.  
Mike use to live down the street from there on Adams. 
The Bandito rider might have been Leon Philpot. He lived in riverside but was younger and I never remember those two riding together. I could be wrong though.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:04 AM, Cw mikes?? said:

this thread lives again! 

In this recent interview with Mike over at Big Bike BMX he mentions that he used to give way his bikes to kids in his neighborhood so it's quite possible that bike you had belonged to Mike https://youtu.be/SAKqOKf_ObQ

The track you are thinking of by Stater Bros was off Arlington and Jones near Norte Vista HS.  It was likely Leon Philpot with him as he lived near there.  In fact he lived down the street from me.  His sister used to babysit me.  He bought mice from me to feed his snake.  The whole neighborhood gotr in to Banditos from Leon.  Including the one I have.  I used to watch those guys race with so much admiration.  I was never any good at it but loved to watch.  We also had a make shift track and jump area we called Twin Palms a couple miles away from there.  80s BMXers were the best!

• Like 1

Here’s a couple of pics of the Stater Bros across from the church.

0C49EEBE-E9DC-49A2-8E63-11B089C2AC6A.jpeg

C0399F3A-17CA-463D-AE67-6B7EC4CC1B0F.jpeg

No the table that was talked about in stater brothers is still there. I’m sure this is what he’s talking about.There was also a few other jumps there and in the field across the street behind Adams Elementary school.The best thing about living and riding in Riverside back then was it seemed every empty field was some kind of track or jumps.                                                                                      When I was a kid my family moved to Riverside, it was October 1976. We moved into a house in Park Vista behind NV. It was dark when we got to the new house so I had no idea what was waiting for me. In the morning I got up and got my bike to check out my new surroundings. Tyler st was over my back fence and across Tyler was “The Crater” an old dried up reservoir. Really cool jumps and lots of riders on both bikes and motorcycle.I hated leaving my old home in Lakewood but after about a week of riding and exploring on my bike and my dirt bike l was like Lakewhat?                        For a Bmx / motocross rider this was the best place ever. I hated school but imagine my excitement when I found out that my new school (Wells intermediate) had a Bmx team and Corona downhill was the track we raced. My brother was on Norte Vista’s motocross team.              Riding spots in Riverside.                                        The crater.                                                                   The church jumps (Joe Claveau’s BMXA hot shot photo was shot there.)                                           Bonsai (where Lee Medlin and Kevin McNeal’s ACS ad was shot, I was there)                                       G force, I the same field as Bonai.                       The Sandhills, end of Tyler next to twin palms (twin was not risen then) also where Kevin McNeal crash and sustained a serious head injury.                                                                   Jones track, Arlington and Jones. (Not an official track)   Twin palms.  End of Crest ave.                                                                         I tried to list them from earliest to latest.                         Also the race tracks,                                                              Sear track behind Sears off Streeter and sierra.                                                                 Jones track, the downhill track. At the end of Jones st. Not far from the Jones track listed above.                                              Jones track, the 2nd track at the same location as the downhill track.                                                                           All the above tracks were run by Kevin McNeal.                                                         Twin palms track, NBL I believe.                                      Again earliest to latest.                                                              A brief history of BMX in Riverside CA.                                It was a great place for Bmx.

Sorry for the large font, I have problems post on this site

Edited by Papa Wheelie 03x

Papa Wheelie 03x, What street in Pak Vista area did you live on?  That's where I grew up.  I lived on Tanforan at a corner.  Crest and Mandalay were behind me.  Best way to get to the fields right there.  Leon lived down the street.  Like I said in the previous post, I used watch riders at all those spots.  I probably saw you there.  I tried to do G-force with my scooter once.  Ate shit pretty bad!  Once Twin Palms was built, there was some serious racing there for a short time.  All that area now is turning into a housing track.  They even extended Jurupa through to Tyler.

Tanforan.JPG

21 hours ago, bclark909 said:

Papa Wheelie 03x, What street in Pak Vista area did you live on?  That's where I grew up.  I lived on Tanforan at a corner.  Crest and Mandalay were behind me.  Best way to get to the fields right there.  Leon lived down the street.  Like I said in the previous post, I used watch riders at all those spots.  I probably saw you there.  I tried to do G-force with my scooter once.  Ate shit pretty bad!  Once Twin Palms was built, there was some serious racing there for a short time.  All that area now is turning into a housing track.  They even extended Jurupa through to Tyler.

Tanforan.JPG

I lived on Astoria dr. It was off the first street past NV. My back yard wall was on Tyler. I knew Leon, I don’t know if you ever see him but ask him about the rainy day he missed school because of what happened at the bus stop.

I haven't talked to him in several years, but I know we are both in the Bandito Group on FB.  Which bus stop?  Loma Vista or Terrace?  My ex-wife lived on Astoria recently.  I remember how many people got hurt trying to stay on the sidewalk at snake hill (the S sidewalk at that park) when it rained.  Just curious if you knew the Hall family?  Sounds like you are in that age era.  They lived on Eureka, the next street after yours going down Tyler.  The also had Tyler behind them.