Sign in to follow this  
ColoredTuffs

Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary!

Patriot_Bike___Skyway_186.jpgDISCLAIMER!- The following info is really very premature, so this is NOT an official "press-release"

I had a meeting with the 4 owners of Skyway yesterday. ONE topic was building a new, retro inspired Skyway T/A frame, with modern geometry.

Now, as a bit of back-story...... Skyway, although they have moved on to produce mainly non-BMX related items, is a company that loves their roots, which is BMX. From the moment you open the front door of the factory, every wall and office in the building has some kind of Skyway BMX related item. From trophies, to posters, to original blueprint drawings, Skyway still shows off how much they love BMX! (and guys- don't bother calling them about any of it- none of it is for sale!)

OK... back to the story.... As we discussed building a new T/A, you can feel new energy and excitement from the guys as we discussed things in detail.

Two hours later they gave me the thumbs up to prepare both a 20" and a 24" T/A prototype! We are planning on both chrome and white frames in both sizes.

We'll make an official announcement once the prototypes have been made, and were all happy about the design! In addition, there are more things going on than just the retro frame, but we'll get into that later!

Please keep in mind that this will take months, so we're calling this a "2008" model!

-Ed

Edited by ColoredTuffs

will it be made in the USA, lol

Will it be an in house project? or will Huffy, Murray or Supercross be building it?

teardrop tubing I hope...it's the only way!!!

will it be made in the USA, lol

Will it be an in house project? or will Huffy, Murray or Supercross be building it?

teardrop tubing I hope...it's the only way!!!

It will not be done in-house as there is no welding equipment at the factory. For the projects that we are planning, half of them will be 100% USA made. The location on where the retro frames are to be made is still undecided. As we get deeper in the planning process, we'll know more.

Edited by ColoredTuffs

Killer news Ed. I'm actually more interested in any news of the Graphite 24" "T-spoke" wheels you talked about before............? :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Great news! Can't await to get more info.

Cheers

Oliver

:bravo: Thats great to hear Ed, and really cool to hear they have not forgoten their roots. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

This is just too cool for school!!!

Man, this is the dogs' danglies!

This is killer! Where do I sign up??!!?!?!?!?!! It would look killer right next to my 84 TA!

Joe

Ed

this is a great Idea!!! Please keep us updated on when and where we sign up! See ya on April 29th in Long Island!!!

Jon

:CashMoney: i want one of the usa made ones! :CashMoney:

:rawks: very cool to know how much energy is still alive for these bikes1 :Liv2ride:

uuuuuuuuuu skyway are back great news

thanks. ED

BY THE WAY........ the news about the retro T/A is only half the news!

While I was at Skyway, I was able to get the keys for the back container to have a good long look for some relics. Remember the Streetbeat framesets that were un-earthed last year? Well... this is where they were kept for the last 20-something years.

Patriot_Bike___Skyway_098.jpgI pulled out some goodies.... NOS Spinmasters, and some Tuff Pedals, and some other stuff . (The Spinmasters are now on coloredtuffs.com if anybody wants one!)

Well...... sitting in the containers was a great HUGE box of 1980's original T/A tubing. All cut and formed, just waiting for welding to be completed! No blemishes, no rust! PERFECT original True Temper tubing!

Patriot_Bike___Skyway_179.jpgPatriot_Bike___Skyway_185.jpg

So.... during our meeting we discussed the future of the old stock of tubes. We brought up a few names of reputable welders, and one was contacted, AND he personally came in to get a tubeset to look at.

I'm not going to release his name until he agrees to the job, but... I will tell you that you ALL know his work!

So....... it looks like the Skyway 25th Anniversary bash starts off with 100% original Skyway T/A framesets, 100% Made In the USA! 50 are to be made, and we will try to get half of them chromed, while the other half will be white. If the 50 sell out fast, there is a possibility that more can be made, depending on how many tube sets are left, but 50 is the number right now.

Frames will probably be stamped "25th Anniversary" on the bottom bracket so there is no confusion on the release date of the frame.

Sales will be through www.coloredtuffs.com, and we are now starting a "waiting list" for these framesets.

To get on this list, please send you name and info to sales@coloredtuffs.com, and we'll notify you when they will be available. Cost is not determined as this time.

Jimbo...... one is yours for sure!

-Ed

Hi Ed, my email is all funky right now but please put me up on the list for a 24 chrome TA. I gosta have a sick 24 to match that cozy TA jersey you just sent me.

Peace out, Bryan

:HitsFan:

Ed

Now all of us are drooling!!!! NO FAIR!!!! LOL!!!

weld em up.....we ain't got all day!!!!!

hehe

Jon

Sweet news all around. :32:

Would that be just frames or f/f sets,I would be interested in waiting on a list for a white f/f set. :32:

e-mail sent Ed.

I'm down for one of the welded old stock one's that is properly marked to avoid confustion/shenannigans down the road, kudos for that!

Pads? Decals?

Thanks for what you're doing for the hobby!

I like it! If there will be a Frame & Fork with a 21.5 TT I am in! Hardest decision will be color?????????