Sign in to follow this  
MotoBMX

Webco BMX History

:break:

JUSTIN asks WHO is KURT VON EPP ........................

WELL justin, he is the guy that owned the bike before it was stold. he has been looking for it for years. :wacko:

NOW he knows who has it. better keep one eye open at night. :28:

OH YEA, ....... If you get woken up in the middle of the night and you look out your window to see a bunch of red lights flashing, ....... you have about 30 seconds before the cops bust down your front door. at this point i will tell you, should shut up and raise your hands above your head and do as the police tell you to do. :ROTFLMAO:

:thanks: RICK T. :TGIF: :3:

JUSTIN asks WHO is KURT VON EPP ........................

WELL justin, he is the guy that owned the bike before it was stold. he has been looking for it for years. :wacko:

NOW he knows who has it. better keep one eye open at night. :28:

OH YEA, ....... If you get woken up in the middle of the night and you look out your window to see a bunch of red lights flashing, ....... you have about 30 seconds before the cops bust down your front door. at this point i will tell you, should shut up and raise your hands above your head and do as the police tell you to do.

* checks calendar* No, it's not April fools yet.

Well, I bought it off Ebay, so if it's really stolen, then I need to know soon so that I can file a dispute so that I can get my money back, and hopefully this guy can get his bike.

If you're just joking with me, but this guy does want to buy it back, then I would be willing to discuss it with him.

So.... who is Kurt Von Epp?

JUSTIN ........ JUSTIN ................ JUSTIN.........

IT sounded like YOU were the one with the early april 1st. joke.

KURT VON EPP? isn't that GREMAN for .......

"YANK MY CHAIN" :ROTFLMAO:

BUT really..... it must be some kids name who at one time owned the bike. it isn't a signature model, if that's

what you were thinking. :13:

have fun with it or sell it to me. :32:

if you look on the bottom of the crank housing you should see some letters and numbers, or at least numbers. give us those and we might be able to tell you what year it is.

just you wait till april 1st. then i'll get you good. :ROTFLMAO:

:thanks: RICK T.

Oh, silly me. I remember KURT VON EPP. I even have a picture!!

USA-E-XChannel-31.jpg

:ROTFLMAO:

RICK T.

What just happened there... it would appear that Rick posted a pic! :wow:

must be a mirage... it's heating up in KTM already.

In any case... cool history Rick T. Good supplemental photos Rick G!

I guess that G-flash character doesn't have any webco pics to add. :dance:

Thanks a million Rick. You're like a walking encyclopedia of Old BMX History and knowledge.

:ROTFLMAO:

Ok, thanks for the joke....

I don't have the bike in my posession yet.... but the seller said the serial is: N52444

The seller also showed pictures of the BB where the serial number is and it also has the stamping of the name I listed. They said that "Kurt Von Epp" was a rider for WEBCO in the past..... so hence the stupid question.

Justin ........... the pictures i have of that frame the name is on the seat post up near the seat clamp.

then the name appears again on the bottom of the crank housing along with two sets of numberS.

the top set of numbers i can't read. the letter and numbers under his name looks like N11 but again it is not real clear.

can you see the numbers enough to tell what they are?

JUSTIN ........ i think G-FLASH is right. what you and i are seeing as a "N" should be a "W" :32:

"W" for WEBCO. makes sence. if the nunber after that is 11, then it could be 11th. month or november.

i know it's NOT 1 for january and 1 for 1971 because they DID NOT BUILD FRAMES IN 1971. :31:

TOP number should be frame serial number. :32:

HEY ........ i never claimed to have ALL the answers.

:fart:

:3:

Thanks G-Flash and Rick....

I don't have the bike yet, so I'll respond when I get it and let you know what the real numbers stamped into it are.

HEY JUSTIN .......................you ever get this bike yet?

let us know the numbers. :32:

show us the bike and what you plan to change or are you happy as is?

let us know the numbers.

It just so happens that it arrived this morning. There is a few problems with some components not seeming to be what was advertised though. I might have to send the whole darn thing back, who knows....

(said to have Tuf neck, but there is no stamp on stem, "JMC Bars" don't quite look like real JMC to me... etc..)

I haven't actually pulled the frame from the box yet, but I'll let you know when I do. .... and if I end up keeping it, I'll probably sell the frame.... any interest?

let us know the numbers.

It just so happens that it arrived this morning. There is a few problems with some components not seeming to be what was advertised though. I might have to send the whole darn thing back, who knows....

(said to have Tuf neck, but there is no stamp on stem, "JMC Bars" don't quite look like real JMC to me... etc..)

I haven't actually pulled the frame from the box yet, but I'll let you know when I do. .... and if I end up keeping it, I'll probably sell the frame.... any interest?

Justin, That's a cool bike you've picked up there. I had an eye on it on the 'bay...Sounds like you have a first generation Tuf-Neck -they were unstamped. Show us some more pics of your bike as it's hard to completely tell what's what with the one pic you posted. Somebody around here will I.D. those bars for you. Hang in there bud....KEEP THE WEBCO FAITH! :32:

Edited by abombone

JUSTIN ........ ALWAYS interested in buying WEBCO

FRAMES, and anything WEBCO related. :32:

so yes if you want to sell the frame & forks, just

e-mail me. boardhauler@msn.com

post more pictures PLEASE

post more pictures PLEASE

The serial number is: W52444 .... What year does that make this?

Here's a couple of pics... (frame is dirty, not rusty!!!, just pulled from the box for a few snaps)

Webco-Frame-02.jpg

Webco-Frame-01.jpg

Webco-Serial-Number.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/Ch...ck-dropouts.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w194/Ch...usset-dirty.jpg

Edited by JustinHayes

webco serial interpretation for Justin... anyone?

Not sure of the year but sure that 1. It is a cool (aftermarket) modified mild steel Webco frame and 2. that it is not a factory issued frame. i went through a whole lot of publications and the name is not associated with a Webco factory rider.

D-WEBCO Code on serial numbers is harder to crack than the DiVinci code! :ROTFLMAO:

Great tutorial Rick..

I remeber riding a Motobmx when I was a kid in the 70's..

and now I have a few offshoots of The Style..and a couple I am trying

to restore and find Pic's of..

thanks again for the great info

..you are a "Bike God"

peace,

Kev.