Sign in to follow this  
MotoBMX

Webco BMX History

Here is an old drag bike that I have had for a long time. I just started to build it back to it's glory. The only decal on this bike is on the head tube and it is a Webco decal form 1958-62. It also came with Webco dual intake manifolds. And Webco finned rocker caps. I know it's not BMX but it's Webco. Nice rafter Webco Big fire stay on him that thing is amazing.

Love the Avon and the bike stand! Send me some pics when that is done.

Ok,fellas,I had to share this one!This just came into my warehouse minutes ago.

I need to get a handle bar id on this.It is a single stem handle bar with a nicely welded wrap around piece.I also found the same bars on a 74-75 redline square back pre serial#.

DSC01934.JPG

DSC01935.JPG

• Like 1

Just a tip for guys who are rebuilding 70's monoshock bikes and want to get the paint correct.I've noticed on many of the monoshocks over the years that I have come across that the fork paint will match the shock parts.I had a chrome dan gurney mono shock that had green forks and the shock parts were also green.

Also,there is a Webco advertisement on Ebay right now that talks about Webco parts-not mags,but Webco parts stating "Webco does more than simply make parts"whether it's a "seat post" or a complete moto cross bicycle...

So,i guess that the seat post on this bike is a Webco seat post?And maybe the handle bars are Webco too?

Does anyone know more about Webco made parts other than the Webco mags?

I need to get a handle bar id on this.It is a single stem handle bar with a nicely welded wrap around piece.I also found the same bars on a 74-75 redline square back pre serial#.

Holy fucking shit!!!! :bowdownAll:

Wow that's just crazy! Ok it's been a day or so. Just how stuffed are your mail boxes with offers on this puppy?

didnt take long for this to go for sale....

November 1978 Minicycle/BMX Action.  Mini Replica (looks like a Pro and not the full sized Replica) and Curb Jumper.

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - cvr.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 01.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 02.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 03.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 04.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 05.jpg

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 06.jpg

Saw the dot at the end of the Webco article and thought it was done but I found two more pages that I had not scanned.

1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 07.jpeg1978 - 11 - MinicycleBMXA - Webco - 08.jpeg
  • Like 1

Love this post !!! Loads of some sweet info

webco pro built a;; og finishes and decals

IMG_2219_zpsdc5a4aa6.jpg

IMG_2218_zpsa7c2df07.jpg

IMG_2220_zps0c81324e.jpg

IMG_2221_zps877e61da.jpg

IMG_2222_zps6fcd498b.jpg

IMG_2223_zps44ed2626.jpg

IMG_2224_zpsa57e4deb.jpg

• Like 2

robert-redford-webco-sweatshirt-yamaha-motorcycle.jpg

robert-redford-webco-yamaha-motorcycle.jpg

• Like 1

Little Fauss and Big Halsy! that bottom pic was my avatar for almost a year. (until two weeks ago.) Most likely one of the more early product placement deals in movie history. The film company needed to outfit a set to look like a motorcycle repair shop and to use as equipment for Redford. they hooked up with Webco and they sent the entire content of their motorcycle catalog and then some to the set.

An excerpt from Tom Heininger's AMA hall of fame induction.

Heininger always looked for ways to promote Webco. Perhaps one of the most serendipitous opportunities came when the company producing the movie "Big Fauss and Little Halsy," starring Robert Redford, needed a motorcycle shop set to be built. Heininger jumped at the opportunity, and with the extensive Webco catalogue was able to quickly set up a realistic shop. 

"One of the great things about that was the studio used promotional photos of Redford wearing a Webco sweatshirt.

The link http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=301&lpos=-410px&letter=H&txtFname=&rblFname=S&txtLname=&rblLname=S&discipline=0

Not sure why nobody posted pics of the Webco Super Stem, unless they were deleted.

DSC01425.JPG

webco super stem.jpg

• Like 1

I found these pictures in with others of some literature I bought a couple of years ago.  I guess I didn't end up with the CYC catalog that has this image.  Dated 7/1/76

007.jpg

002.jpg

Need help with this guy. I picked up this Webco monoshock this weekend. It has extra gussets in a few areas, most noteably the ones added to the front gusset and bottom bracket. It has the early, single gusset inside the outer plates. I have heard from two different sources that you could order extra gussets from the factory? Anybody else heard of this? The welds on the gussets match the rest of the frame. Any input from the resident experts?

20160228_170551.jpg

20160228_170628.jpg

20160228_170926.jpg

20160228_170750.jpg

20160228_170947.jpg

20160228_170606.jpg

20160228_170724.jpg

20160228_170744.jpg

20160228_170645.jpg