Sign in to follow this  
reilley1

Mel Stoutsenberger - History of BMX photos (the Mel Thread)

Out-fuckin'-standing.....Mel and Thom are back on the track. Thom, don't ya live near Portland or something? KISS is playin' there, you should come on by, I'll get ya tickets and passes.

Spikey :rocknroll: so when is that?

Melvoon I'm just now getting around to call people when I find their numbers, seeing as I have a new phone and such...I'm trying to retrive as many as I can. :(

:HitsFan:

:deadhorse:

Speak of the devil... welcome back, Thom! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Thom, we're there on the 17th of this month at the Rose Garden, we are supposed to have a day off in Portland but for some reason all the hotels are sold out so we are staying in Seattle for the day and then leaving later that night. Let me know.

RVBMXMB, BBBWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH yea yea williwoods. I've haven't used the internet since may...Do ya'll know the TV OD song...Black Flag "I don't need no TV screen..."

Ramo you wino, proally drool, purple drool and lips bout now huh or is it 4:20 too...BBBWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA So were you looking at our fine wine property's in S. Oregon? Yeah, Mikey called said something about Ramo, it was about the time of the take over... :blink: Been hanging with Marv latley?

Spikey :rocknroll: I have no pictures to post, so don't ask for the fucking red & blue zephyer shit BBBWWWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

I think Mel posted all of the pics and did a fine job of commentating...BBBWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I haven't been thru all of them but I was busting up :comedy:

NINK BBBWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

WOW NINK actually made me smile :)

NINK NINK fucking Kiel, huh Melvoon :bravo:

So who went to the HOF thing in SD, Pistol Pete showed me some pics on line a few weeks ago I seen Danny Oakley, Dave Clinton and some others I can't remember them all I think PK too. Man it's tuff getting old...BBBWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :nana:

Did someone mention the Red Baron :4FxSake: Ok it was the last pull on my 40 of ML and I just had to use that new "Emoticon" BBBWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

:hurl: :fuel:

So Thom, you wanna stop by the big 'ol 12 truck, 6 bus KISS show?

Park City is about 25 miles out of Salt Lake in the mountains. Mountain biking rocks here. In Oregon we stayed around Ashland/Medford one night. Then to Florence on the coast, Willamette Valley, Bend, Crater Lake and back to Cal. Oh yeah, that is a nice avatar, huh?

Gotta bump this baby to end off 2009...

Happy New Year to Mel and all the guys who made this thread so legendary. It is by far, the best old school BMX thread of all time!

:rawks: :rawks: :rawks: :rawks: :rawks: :rawks: :rawks:

tXLZY15Gid__6J8g_XYcEw.jpg

Legen... wait for it... dary! :Praise: :Praise: :Praise:

This thread is incredible! It took me a few days to get through it, but the pictures are simply the best. I only wish all these pics (at least the relavent OS shots) were in a gallery with a black background that I could set to slide show. But then again, I might never stop watching!

Hey hey hey! Good to see the Mel thread jumpin' again! Mel Thom Ramo, always good to see your smiling faces (or rearing your ugly heads if you prefer.) And everyone else here posting and looking in too. I'm going to use this opportunity to tap into the vast pool of knowledge around here that seems to fathom deepest on this one thread. I'm looking for info on one of my BMX builds. What I built was a frame made by a company called M&L racing frames. Not much is known about this company and there are not many examples known to be around.

1.JPG

ML_8.JPG

ML_a.jpg

Here is what I know. M&L was a company that existed in the San Fernando Valley around 1975. They made two styles of frames that I know of. Joe Franklin and Danny Clinton have ridden and raced these frames. (see pics)

Joe_Franklin.jpgDANNYG_1_.jpg

What I don't know is what M&L stands for in the first place let alone anything about the company. So far I have been unable to find out very little in respect to M&L Racing Frames. So I turn to you The Guru's of the Mel thread. Thom? Mel? Mr.Ramocinski sir? Anything here jogging something loose? If anyone knows anything about M&L frames pipe in please!

dont think david ever road that frame as i can remember

Hey hey hey! Good to see the Mel thread jumpin' again! Mel Thom Ramo, always good to see your smiling faces (or rearing your ugly heads if you prefer.) And everyone else here posting and looking in too. I'm going to use this opportunity to tap into the vast pool of knowledge around here that seems to fathom deepest on this one thread. I'm looking for info on one of my BMX builds. What I built was a frame made by a company called M&L racing frames. Not much is known about this company and there are not many examples known to be around.

1.JPG

ML_8.JPG

ML_a.jpg

Here is what I know. M&L was a company that existed in the San Fernando Valley around 1975. They made two styles of frames that I know of. Joe Franklin and Danny Clinton have ridden and raced these frames. (see pics)

Joe_Franklin.jpgDANNYG_1_.jpg

What I don't know is what M&L stands for in the first place let alone anything about the company. So far I have been unable to find out very little in respect to M&L Racing Frames. So I turn to you The Guru's of the Mel thread. Thom? Mel? Mr.Ramocinski sir? Anything here jogging something loose? If anyone knows anything about M&L frames pipe in please!

dont think david ever road that frame as i can remember

Not David Marv. It was his cousin I am not sure on the name. Maybe Danny or Walter I'm not sure. When I wrote that I thought his cousins name was Danny. :unsure: A pic of him and Joe Franklin are the only things I've seen even relating to these frames from back in the day. only three of these frames are known to be in the hands of collectors today. So you can see why I'm intent on finding out what M&L stands for. :)

Here's one I had not seen before of JP and Doug

JP_and_Doug.jpg

Pictures are courtesy of Eric King I'll be posting some of his pics later. Eric is another of the old time dinosaurs. He and Howie Idelson were the 1975 NBA #1 hack

cc8.jpg

(They rode for Wayne's Bike Shop and from what I was told, did not have a jersey at the time with his name on it so he borrowed one for the race)

props to howie and eric.

thanks rick, those are some incredible pics. that's a sick pic of jp and doug...they're boosting!

Cool, maybe Eric will have some bitchin' Rick's solo shots as well. The hack pic is insane.

I can't imagine being JP's monkey... you'd need some mighty large balls, that's for sure! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

good stuff, Reilley1

Is that one guy in the second and third shot a monkey or a chicken? stand up a little and put those knees to work! :lol: also I see the pilot is "smiling" for the camera in the third shot as well! :ROTFLMAO:

uncovered another shot of Joe Franklin flogging his M&L. :cool2:

Joe_franklin2.jpg

Old School power slide baby!! :break: