Sign in to follow this  
reilley1

Mel Stoutsenberger - History of BMX photos (the Mel Thread)

As a teenager I spent some time on my Dad's 77 250 pursang. I can relate.

Mark Kiel FB post.

"A shot of my long time good friend Mel Stoutsenberger checking out the sliding capabilities of my Bultaco 250 Pursang at Indian Dunes circa 1973."

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1534866418000.jpg

The building in the background looks familiar. This is how it looks in the background from the International course. :wink:

gallery_134_3_37084.jpg

Sod,

Is that the buidling that was next to the mini bike track (food concessions, restrooms) with the flat track oval to the right? (which could have been seen when the International track ran a GP or off road course, longer using the minbike real estate)

And likely discussed before as I have seen that image, are you driving or passenger?

and of course very cool!

Sod,

Is that the buidling that was next to the mini bike track (food concessions, restrooms) with the flat track oval to the right? (which could have been seen when the International track ran a GP or off road course, longer using the minbike real estate)

And likely discussed before as I have seen that image, are you driving or passenger?

and of course very cool!

That weekend I was on the sidelines turning wrenches. My partners in crime Tom Elloitt and Larry Fehrnstrom are in the car in this shot. Also my friend Tim Gehring had been giving us a bunch of help with the car around that time so we surprised him by tossing him a helmet and putting him in the co-drivers seat for one of the heat races. I had plenty of seat time in the car up to that point and the look on Tim's face when I tossed him the brain bucket and told him to get in the car was priceless.  :Want: 

• Like 1

Bump since there's a hell of a birthday party going on in BMX heaven right now.

• Like 1