Sign in to follow this  
stidds

My SE Quad looptail - The ultimate looptail build????

I have just finished putting my SE Racing Retro Looptail Quadangle together.

Now everybody knows that these frames ONLY come in SE Racing blue....... Not this one.

As soon as these frames were released I knew what I was going to do, and I am really please with how it has turned out.

I have created, what I think is the ultimate retro BMX, on each of my previous retro builds I have always used some Old School parts to create the look. Not this time, I wanted to make an old school looking bike, but with completely new and up to date parts.

Here are the pictures...........

Quad07-02.jpg

Quad07-03.jpg

Quad07-04.jpg

Quad07-05.jpg

Quad07-06.jpg

Quad07-07.jpg

Quad07-08.jpg

Quad07-09.jpg

Quad07-11.jpg

Quad07-12.jpg

Quad07-13.jpg

Quad07-14.jpg

Quad07-15.jpg

:wow: Awesome Dude :Bling!:

Thats :16: ...Looks better than most Old school quads you see today...

Yes, the rims are powdercoated. I love those rims as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have a set, they are actually built for cyclo trials bikes.

Man, when you said "ultimate" I was kinda skeptical, cuz I LOVE mine SO much.

But, DUDE, you hit one OUTTA THE PARK!

Great lookin' bike, and I think, the BEST '07 retro Quad I've seen!

:rawks: :rawks: :rawks: :rawks:

Another awesome Stidds build. Great job!

:wow: Did you have it chromed or did you get from SE that way?? That is off the hook!! :30:

I had the bike stripped and chromed, I have a superb chromers about 20 minutes from my home.

I was planning the design as soon as the frames were announced, straight away I knew it was going to be chrome, then I set about finding the exact parts for the build. As I mentioned I wanted an old school looking bike, but with no old school parts. I honestly think the rims were the best find, I have never seen them on a BMX before as they are built for cyclo trials riding (who use a 20" front and 19" rear). There is only 1 thing that I am not happy with and I know I will change and that is the colour of the seat, I stripped and covered it myself in alcantara but it is slightly lighter than the other blue colours, so I will probably dye it the correct colour (unless I can find a suitable colour alcantara or leather).

super sweet ride, but 1 small criticism... why the Redline Monster heavyass cheap cranks instead of Flights??? The double pinch flights still look the business and are tough as nails unlike those Monsters.

Again, sweet bike, but just wondering...

Drew

:13:

Drew,

Good question, there are 2 reasons for the cranks:

1) I actually prefer the look of the Redline Prolines, to the double pinch flights.

2) I already had them at my home, so couldn't see the point in buying new cranks.

Although I have been thinking of making a change of cranks in the future, but I am going to have a look around to find some interesting cranks, I like the look of the Supercross Sinners, or even Shadow Conspiracy Torrid (they make them in light blue), maybe some chrome Shimano DXR's (although not too sure if I like them yet, lol).

that is one sweet quad, I have the same idea of building new oldschool looking parts, but chroming the frame! WOW.. I was going to powder mine black

Very impressed great job!

WOW...

Very Impressive!!!

:wow: phenomenal. the color combo is spot on. :bravo:

:16: Sweet.....

were did you find the seat tube decal ?

That's NO SHIT.............That bike is an ABSOLUTLY PERFECT retro build........WOW

Sofa king cool.........: )

:30: :30: ok you've don it. Now i want one

p.s here's my quad

se_racing.jpg

:16: Sweet.....

were did you find the seat tube decal ?

The seat tube decal is the original decal that came with the frame. I just heated it up with the wifes hairdryer, carefully and slowly peeled it off and stored it on a mirror at home.