Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Let's see your S&M bikes

Just got ahold of a 1995 S&M Dirt Bike project. First mid school build for me. I love this frame & fork. So well made. I'm putting this one together to ride on a track.

The bike was pretty grimy, but in really great shape except for the Hoffman wheels which were in pretty rough shape. The Powerlite bars were cut. And the Primo seat cover was slashed and barely attached. I recovered the seat with black leather.

I've bought some new Slam bars. Also bought a chrome S&M post, S&M pedals, an early Redneck stem and an S&M top cap. Also have a GT double clamp seat post clamp. (I slapped a Peregrine clamp and some first gen GT Pro Bars for laughs.)

I picked up a set of Araya Super 7x hoops laced to low flange GT Mohawk sealed hubs.

I'll post pictures when I get home after the holidays with the parts.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

My 88 mad dog, 90 Holmes and 92 Holmes.

783891A3-8221-4E55-BC1B-E32B23448FDC_zps

093399E6-9C99-4007-9470-D94088EA6196_zps

great line up!

I think i saw you at park orchards bmx frack on the holmes

a while back trin white...very cool bikes.,

I feel almost like Joe here, ending up with a DirtBike. For a long time, I've wanted a 1" threaded S&M with a Redneck. A nice, 94 DB popped up on a FB group, missing only the cranks. Story was it was purchased from the original owner, who ordered it with the 990 mounts. It appears the second owner harvested the cranks for another project. I located a second S&M, a Holmes, with the right generation Profiles, and had some local buddies come over for dinner and some parts swapping, and this is what I ended up with. The chrome is unbelievable. Pretty stoked to have something a bit newer, and out of my normal zone.

94 DB. Redneck. Slam bars. Profile 185's. Peregrine pedals. Chrome 7x wheels with TNT sealed hubs.

20160118_051718570_iOS.jpg

20160118_051734165_iOS.jpg

20160118_051743295_iOS.jpg

20160118_051750892_iOS.jpg

20160118_051819455_iOS.jpg

20160118_051826886_iOS.jpg

20160118_051853935_iOS.jpg

My 88 mad dog, 90 Holmes and 92 Holmes. 783891A3-8221-4E55-BC1B-E32B23448FDC_zps093399E6-9C99-4007-9470-D94088EA6196_zps

Don't know what it is, but it just warms my heart to see a leather Selle Italia Turbo saddle on a bmx'er. Brings back those lean days in the 90s, when BMX was all but dead, but with its death of popularity so went many "rules". I was in Nor Cal 91-93, and me and a few younger local cats were the only ones out there on 20"ers. We scored stupid cheap old school bikes at Los Gatos swap, and built em up with what was around. Hell, the schwinn shop in LG was practically giving away any of the old stuff out of its rafters. Everybody wanted heavy, stupid, bad braking, gear slapping mountain bikes. For a while I rocked a late 80's GT 24 with a red Turbo saddle, and my boy Craig had an Akisu ( knock off Skyway TA) 20 that he ran a black one on. It didn't matter what you rode, how you mixed your parts, whatever. It was freeing doing something nobody really "got" or cared about, because you couldn't do it wrong. A few times a week we would pile in somebody's car and hit trails all over. It reminded me of being a skater in NYC between first and second wave...

Baked so I probably went way off track, but sweet S&Ms, from an underrepresented time in BMX

• Like 1

Jon that is next level. I love it. It's all in the details.

I absolutely never get sick of seeing new projects from you Jon.  That is perfect.

beautiful, Jon and great photos too

That pad set and that seat match it perfectly. I may have to copy your build when I put together my 98 challenger!

• Like 1

I don't know if I posted this since I got the forks with the correct OG decals courtesy of Dan Williams (Hey Slugger). 

Holmes_matching_forks_3quarter.jpg

Holmes_Matching_Fork.jpg

Holmes_matching_fork_detail.jpg

• Like 1