Sign in to follow this  
Clothespin'n

This is NOT a redline

I remember these bikes. I worked at a LBS and Norco came out with these BMX that looked identical to the MX-II. There were no Redlines sold in Canada at the time. I can't remember the name they called these bikes. They were equipped well with good parts. We sold hundreds of these bikes. Norco sponsored the Andreason twins and they rode these bikes. I have a picture of them on these bikes at the Freemont California National in the early 80's. Later Norco got the rights to distribute Redline bikes in Canada. The Andreason twins later changed sponsorship to Factory Redline. I assume this was through Norco.

I have a 79' Redline MXII and the front of the frames (headtube) look nothing alike and the top tube and downtube are much larger on the Redline.

what is your serial number? there is alot of people that have serial numbers higher than my 80 and claim them as 70's i also have this ad from 79 AND THE MX II has the squareback front end.

redline_ad_1979_lg.jpg

I have a 79' Redline MXII and the front of the frames (headtube) look nothing alike and the top tube and downtube are much larger on the Redline.

what is your serial number? there is alot of people that have serial numbers higher than my 80 and claim them as 70's i also have this ad from 79 AND THE MX II has the squareback front end.

That's the 1978 MX-II. I had one of those BITD. Got it used in late 1978 or early-1979. I repainted it and replaced the stickers with 1979 stickers.

MeRedline1979.jpg

MePSShirt1.jpg

I don't have it at the house right now, its at jjvh66 house getting a bath. :)

The Aussie ones didn't have the gussett cut. They looked the same as the US ones.

nice score Kev.

Another one of these has surfaced in canada...WA serial #.....A survivor..

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=129808

The frame Kev had,that I have now,is the same as this one.I think I posted up something before,but the geometry,and tube lengths are EXACTLY the same as my japan built mxIII and my US MXII...Mine also has the WA serial.

Hi,

Real sorry to dredge up an oldish thread but i may aswell add to it.

I came across one of these late last year.

It's pretty much 100% original, only things missing at the moment are the pads ( long gone) the seatclamp although the guy that sold this to me still has it but just doesn't know where at the moment. Also a brake cable has been changed but i'm unsure which one and the grips.

It's pretty well loaded with nice parts aswell :4_17_5:

Ukai rims

Suntour hubs

Suntour Power stem

Maxy Cross crank

KKT Lightening pedals

Elina saddle

Dia Compe F+R 890's

V bars assuming they're WIN Bars

Snakebelly tyres

Enjoy what is probably a very rare bike.

nishiki2006.jpg

nishiki2005.jpg

nishiki2004.jpg

nishiki2003.jpg

nish1.jpg

nish.jpg

nishiki2001.jpg

These are photos of when i picked it up, i'd hasten to add that this has been massively restored now back to its former glory.

The only parts i've struggled with is a DC seat clamp and Red Snakebelly tyres. Clamps are around but as the previous owner says he still has the original somewhere i'm not too keen on buying another when he could find that one.

many thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 1

I know I'm very late to respond, but it is a Nishiki MX-II frame. I have one also (white) which I bought new back in the early 80s. Sadly, I replaced the decals with Redline MX-II. Wishing now I had kept it original. The silly things we do when we were young!!! It has been sitting in my basement for the past 37-38 years. It's in perfect shape, except for paint. Just needs a new white powder coat. I saw Redline MX-II replacement decals kits available from Australia on eBay.