Sign in to follow this  
bmx2112

Reust Cruiser

I picked this up in a pawn shop for 90.00 bucks, it had 175 Red Line 401's on it when I got it.:)

serial #0793009

2971_p74111.jpg

I picked this up in a pawn shop for 90.00 bucks, it had 175 Red Line 401's on it when I got it.:)

serial #0793009

:30: GREAT find,Brett...The 401's are worth more

the bike-but then you know THAT! Now you've got a

spare set of THOSE too! I've never heard of the bike.

but it 'isn't bad looking'...what does it weigh & how

NEW is it! Probably from the 90's...when I paid 'no

attention' to bikes! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

it is a 93 model Bomat, here is a pic of Honda's Reust. Killer looking frame!You beat me to it Honda! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

reust4.jpg

Hey I think yours may be a later model, it has canti mounts on it where mine has the regular style breaks.

yea i dont know what the year is the guy i got it from said it might be a 94 but i think its older than that im think 90 or 91 or so

94 sounds about right for yours because of the canti's, mine is a 93 madel and does not have the canti mounts on it yet. The serial # on mine is on the outside of the left rear dropout. # 07 93 009

oh i thought you said your did have them lol my bad yea mine has no serial numbers it must have been a proto type or a factory ride

I talk to Gary Ruest a couple times a week. He still has some jigs even :)

I may come up with a little suprise to show you guys from Gary later on...he got a kick out of the Roseville bike show this year.

He didn't even know the Vintage scene was really happening. He gets a kick out of hearing how much a lot of the parts go for now.

He has all kinds of good stories on this stuff and White Bear also. Really good guy.

and alos ask him about my yellow one with no serial numbers if it was a factory ride or prototype he sent it to ricky hutchinson to race thats who owned it before i got it well thats the story i got

I think your yellow one is later. I'll show him the pic on here when he comes by next week.

He sold the company midway through so he wasn't sure after that. He did check a couple that he still has though.

His prototypes have no ser#'s or markings. The original geometry is from a FA limo after they first released just changed the head tube angle a smidge (sharper I think he said)

Free Agent did the welding with his jigs. He said he would just call up and order 25 frame sets at a time.

20" & 24" is all he mentioned not sure how many actual models they had (didn't ask).

He did say they made bars and a few forks didn't sound like they made many forks though.

They few he has that have ser#'s are the same as FA's at the time.

Seven digits, first 2 month, second 2 year, last 3 the order made

Remember though he didn't own it the whole time.

I think of all the ?'s I want to ask but he shows up and we BS about everything else and an hr later it all goes out the window LOL

He doesn't have many decals left either I asked he says he only has a few head tube and various others left.

I got him thinking about it now and he has been pulling some stuff out to look at. I'll try to remember to ask him more specifics :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

yea cool thanks i would love to know about mine yea it has perfect decals on it i wouldnt need any and mine also has the forks and the decals on the forks to but still no serial numbers anywhere so im guessing prototype than sure would love to get a set of those rf bars never seen any

That is an absolutely sick Reust, I have seen more cruisers lately than 20's and that is a great 20" example. Those Tangent pads are ultra rare too, awesome. That is only the 2nd set I have seen around here.

Fella's take note: that is one perfect example of a mid-school survivor. The only thing to have been changed are the tires which means it gets ridden. We need to see more true survivors around here.

Also welcome here Audiowright1, great first post!!! You get bonus points for actually uploading and hosting your photo's here instead of using photobucket or some other host. Kudo's :ThumbsUp: Tell your husband to never change a thing on that bike.

Ya the old Tioga Comp 3s deteriorated and these were the only tires we could get locally. The tangent wraps are circa 1994- got a little faded and didn't hold up as well as the old canvas ones with the letters stiched on, but there is nothing else like them. I am considering making him a new set. I didn't realize how uncommon his bike was... who knew :)

Thanks for the welcome. We were excited to find this site and others like it.

I recently purchased a 20" Reust Factory frame and fork. I had a chrome '93 back in the day so have been looking for one for several years. I am trying to figure out the year of this one as the serial number isn't the traditional 7 digits. It's shown in one of the pics. Any info/help would be great! Love all the Reusts' on this thread!

IMG_92571.jpg

Reust 1.jpg

Reust 2.jpg

Reust 3.jpg

Reust 4.jpg

• Like 1