Sign in to follow this  
BMXROB

Hey Boss guys

That would be Danny Mariolle. Two of his older brothers were on the  Silver Shield Team also, Kevin and Ray. The Mariolle family was full of outstanding racers. Oldest sister Elaine won the 1986 Race across America and is a member of the World UltraCycling Hall of Fame. Dave Busby is in the background. Terry Barker in the middle and im on the right.

Wow!! Small world.  I knew that was you and Dave.  Wasn't 100 percent sure on Terry but the info on Elaine Mariolle blew me away!  I was friends with Scott Terriberry (who is good friends with Jim Langley)  and met her through him.  In fact, I was working my way into being crew for either Scott or her in the RAAM in 84 or 85. Not sure what happened but I know that I joined the Air Force instead and that was the end of that. 

It is a small world Rick. Elaine’s accomplishment always amazed me. Through the time her brothers were racing Bmx she really had no interest is cycling (that I could tell). The dedication, the amount of training and the mental toughness to do that race and to win is unbelievable! Thank you for your service Rick. 

Awesome picture and background info. And Rick involved with some of the participants, very cool! As John said Thank you for your service!

Didn't Dave Busby do motorcycle roadracing at some point?

And RAAM, maximum respect for anyone that has done that. 

The original 3 Panda team members I think turned out to all be excellent motorcycle road racers. Dave Busby, Dave and Allen Scott were all excellent Bmx racers and motorcycle racers.