Sign in to follow this  
underdog

26" race tire question

Hi All

I am in the process of building a 26" racer for this year and I am not finding any tires that I like. Any recommendations. I have been running IRC sirens and lately Intense micro knobby.

I like the smaller tread and high tire pressure.

Thanks

If Intense made a 26" x1.75 or 1.85 tire that would be the best choice. Problem I think is that all the 26" tires you find are really for Mountain Bikes not BMX so the Knobbies are huge or what seems huge. If Intense made some I would buy them for my OM and race those rather than tearing up the Comp 3's. Let me know if you find any race knobby 26" tires.

:Creepin: Don't know how the rubber compounds will

compare,but you can always find 26" tires on

Ebay that have the 'same tread design' as the

Comp III's(knock offs,of course) did BITD!

For the price involved-usually around $10-$20,

it might be worth 'looking into!' I sent a couple of

pair to my son for evaluation,but he hasn't tried

them yet,so I can't pass that on...but the same

tires are still being sold by the same shop! :cheers:

Maxxis made some 26 x 1.75 a few years back, my lbs has a set I am going to buy. I saw some for sale on evilbay in a store from a company called performancedownhill. The angle they show them in the photo looks like a deep knobby but they're really not that deep in "person". And they're selling them for like $10.00 each. They're Maxxis tires, best BMX racing tires made, nothing more to be said. :ThumbsUp:

Thanks everyone for the information.

I got some maxxis larsen tt's 1.9.

They are as close as I could get to the micro knobby I am running on my 24". They say the are 1.9 but don't look a whole lot bigger than my 1.75's. Really looking forward to riding them. They will be going on thisIMG_0984.JPG :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I know that it has been awhile since this post but I was talking to the Intense guys at he Supernationals last weekend and they tell me that Intense will be producing a 26" microknobby very soon...like it should be available this week through Intense dealers. They were not sure of the width but thought it would be a 1.9. It has a kevlar bead.