Sign in to follow this  
RYAN-GT3540

An unfinished Nomura, finished.

What's up all. Below are pictures of Kanedog's Chromoly Nomura. At the time that I am writing this, he should be about 4 hours into a 13 hour flight back to Japan. We finished building this bike last night so that he could see it before he left today.

The Nomura pictured below was an unfinished Chromoly Nomura frame that Scott/Kanedog had received from Wade Nomura earlier this year. This had been sitting in Wade's garage since the 80's in it's raw, unchromed and unfinished state. Kanedog was a factory Nomura rider, expert I think, and was able to receive this frame from Wade on the premise that it would never be sold and that the finish on it resembled the color scheme that Wade wanted to put on it had he finished the frame.

Scott chose the parts list based on the majority of parts he ran on his Alloy Nomura back in the day and the parts that he could've used had he been able to afford it back then. He has been purchasing a lot of parts for this build and for another project and has been having all of the parts ship to me, I say if the parts are good, then he contacts the members of this site or V or eBay and lets em know that everything is cool.

In no particular order, kanedog's thank you's to the following: Wade Nomura for the frame and color scheme, G - Da-G-Ryde for leaving work early the other day to polish and press in the cups on the bb and headset, Aguilar for the JMC DY Bars and not charging extra for that costly shipping mistake, Spur for the stem and brakes, John Catsikl for the tires, bmxrob for the headset, snorton for the seat post clamp, willinois for the seat post, tankerkranker for the 2nd gen graphites, indy69camaro for the 401's and Kerry for the DX's.

From Kanedog: "I got really lucky dealing with everyone, because everyone was very honest and friendly. Thank you everyone for helping a newby completing his first build. "

On that note, I 'd like to thank all of the guys on here for having enough trust in shipping his stuff to me. It just sucks that I don't get to keep all of the nice stuff for myself, but at least this bike and all the parts will be sitting with my collection for a little while :naughty:

I took these pics today at a really shitty time of day, so the colors don't really pop in the pics and don't do the frame any justice. Enjoy.

The parts list (all are OG finish or NOS unless noted):

Chromoly Nomura frame finished in the color scheme envisioned by Wade, Pearl Automotive paint by Reflections auto body

JMC DY Forks

Hatta Headset

DK Stem

JMC DY Bars

AME Dual's

DC Tech 3 and MX1000

Suntour clamp

Shimano DX Seat Post

Kashimax Aero

Helix frame savers

Skyway Tuff pads

175mm 401's (refinished?)

Polished 44T chainwheel

Techmatic BB with dimpled spindle

Shimano DX Pedals

2nd Gen Skyway Graphite Tuff wheels

Fat n Skinny rainbow label comp III's

Scottys_Nomura.JPG

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6735.jpg

IMG_6736.jpg

sweet! paint reminds me of a lifted with 44's toyotas with that paint scheme back in the 80's

any pix of wade what he looks like today?

DAMN that came out sick. Love the colors. Nice job!

and that the finish on it resembled the color scheme that Wade wanted to put on it had he finished the frame.

That's cool... I've never seen a multi color finish on a Nomura. Were there others, or was that what Wade had in mind, or did you guys take it to the next level and just use the Nomura colors?

sweet bike!

cant go wrong with a nomura! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

VERY NICELY EXECUTED!! :bravo:

If any of you guys/gals get to see this bike up close, you'll know exactly what Ryan is talking about.

Da paint job is SICK!

Scott,Congrats on da build, and I hope you arrived back home safely. It was my pleasure, and an honor to work on that piece of history.

Ryan, nice job on da pix, da write-up, and da assembly. That thing looks right at home with your collection, PURE CLASS!! :ThumbsUp:

L8~G

Super sick build and teamwork! The paint sceme looks very retro 80's but proper and the parts are 1st class!

:rawks: Nomura build!

Thats a killer build with a really different paint job and I see a nice retro collection of Dog Town skateboards as well. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Thanks for the nice words and thanks to you guys who trusted / sold us stuff with this kinda sketchy situation. (Me being overseas and shipping to Ryan in LA.) It amazes me on how helpful people are here at os-bmx.

You know what Wade look almost the same as he did bitd. - the dark glasses and he has a short hair now. I was totally amazed.

Wade has been out of the country so he has not seen the bike yet. Hopefully he comes here to check out the pics.

The paint scheme is Wade idea and that's what he was planning to do for his personal chromoly. He never got around to building a chromoly, so I asked him permission to steal his idea. He said NO but I stole it anyways. LOL just kidding he said it was cool. All the other non-chrome chromo frames he was planning to powder coat red or white. (Nomura never got around to doing that too.) I went to visit him just before Christmas and we couldn't find any of the non chrome frames in his storage. So this could be the only non chrome chromoly frame from Nomura, unless any of the missing raw chromo frames pop up somewhere in the future. So I'm KINDA THINKING about returning this chromo frame to him, so he can add this frame to his collection. We'll see, hopefully one of those missing frames pop up.

There are a few details to complete. I'm working on getting DY fork decals and Nomura decals and we are waiting for a 1982 red brake cable.

I just go off a bumpy 12 hour flight, a 2 hour bus ride and 30 min walk, so I'm really tired. So hopefully what is written here makes sense.

I going to sleep! Got to work tomorrow pushing my way through all these horny photographers to get some shots of cars and these skinny models with crooked teeth!

Take Care,

Scott

Cool looking build, like the paint job!!!!

Padset and colored dx's (red/black/orange) and that thing is even more HOT!!!!!!

very cool, and nice to hear it might make it back to Wade!!!!

Be safe over there....shoot us some pictures of hot chicks for the booby thread in Trash talk, but ask them not to smile...ok?!?! LOL!!!

Jon

Scott/Ryan! That thing came out Sick!!! :rawks:

Beautiful 1 of a kind build!

Glad I could help with the tires.

Scott just remember to break that ride out when we finally get that Ascot/Harbor Reunion together! :wink:

~Johnny

that's the most unique color scheme I have ever seen on a Nomura.

Tony

I have an idea. Since you can NEVER sell the bike, will you GIVE it to me?? :)

nice job ryan....did wade nomura invent paint also???love that toyota comment...excatly what i was thinking...ivan stewart...

sweet! paint reminds me of a lifted with 44's toyotas with that paint scheme back in the 80's

:nailed:

Toyota paint scheme, lol. I remember I had a poster of a Toyota Truck with those colors bitd. Kanedog did have a stint working at TRD a long many moons ago, now we know where the idea came from. :lol:

Anyhow, Scott/kanedog is at the Tokyo Auto Salon shooting pics of import cars and J-chics with crooked teeth for various magazines and websites (Post up some pics Scott and email me pics of my booth). On behalf Kanedog and myself, thank you for the comments and support.

Ryan

Hey Kanedog, I found a truck for you to hall your Nomura around with!! We could lift it, put some 44's under it, & cruise around bump'n Sir-Mix-Alot, ...." My posse's on Broadway"...LOL......... :ROTFLMAO:

DSCI0322.JPG

Hey Kanedog, I found a truck for you to hall your Nomura around with!! We could lift it, put some 44's under it, & cruise around bump'n Sir-Mix-Alot, ...." My posse's on Broadway"...LOL......... :ROTFLMAO:

lol,

i wouldnt be laughing if the back is full of NOS Nomuras in the box.

I tried to find pix of 80's toyotas with paint scheme like that, on 44 mudders, all out chrome suspension. remember fly-n-hi? from AZ

anyway 80's were defiently a cool decade.