Sign in to follow this  
OLDSKOOLPK

Rebel Racing Bike Finished!!

First things first I want to thank Mike (Swine70) for letting me purchase this bike.... I had to twist his arm a little bit, but I won him over!! LOL!!

Being from NJ, i never saw one of these at a show or never even heard of them, so i HAD TO HAVE IT!!! It is original chrome and stickers. Greyboy and Truly Odd noticed that this is a 2nd Gen Frame with First Gen stickers. Also that the fork stickers are actually frame stickers cut in half, along with the seat tube and chainstays are a weird mix of stickers that should be in other places that are found on "later" made frames. With this info from them, I contacted Mike, and he said "thats the way i bought it." I used some of the original parts that Mike had on the frame since day one, and mixed in a little of my touches also.

here is a parts breakdown and also the people who helped out on this bike.

Rebel Racing F&F - original chrome and stickers

Hutch Pro Bars - Mikes Original bars!

Haro Plate - I added the grab on, Suntour and BMX action decals, the rest were on the Plate when i received it in a trade from a GREAT bmx member Keep it warm aka Tom. I took the plate and with the decals that were on it, i sorta built the bike from them!

NOS Grab On grips - one of the first purchase I made when getting into this hobby.

NOS Blue Cycle Pro headset - thanks Indy

DK stem lock/riser

NOS Black SST Dirt Skirt

NOS Red Cali Lite padset

Used blue DC hinged clamp - Thanks Bronx Styler

Used round corner Tuf Neck - thanks Mwinko

Used Shot Gun 2 seat - thanks Brian P

Used VDC seatpost

Used MX-1000 in blue with black Skyway Pro pads with blue cooling fins

NOS blue dia compe dated cable - Thanks Indy

used Shimano DX Lever - thanks Geauixx (think i messed up that spelling..sorry!)

Bullseye hubs laced to silver Sumo wheels - thanks Chris Lemma(these will be replaced with chrome 7x's and Suntour sealed high flange hubs, thanks Tom for the Hoops and Kevin for the hubs)

NOS rainbow label Comp 3's (i wanna ride this baby!!!)

Used 175mm 401's - thanks Lee Jones

Hadley sealed Bottom Bracket - thanks Rob E

SR Beartrap sealed pedals - thanks Chromey

NOS Izumi chain

NOS NBL Rad Kaps - thanks Snorton

Now after reading all that Jibber Jabber.......

HERE ARE THE PICS!!!! Let me know what you think!!!

PICT0001-6.jpg

PICT0002-5.jpg

PICT0004-7.jpg

PICT0006-5.jpg

PICT0005-8.jpg

PICT0008-7.jpg

PICT0009-1.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

PICT0011-2.jpg

PICT0010-3.jpg

PICT0014-2.jpg

PICT0015-5.jpg

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]: That came out killer Jon, looks like its ready to hit the track and take the win. Great job bro!

SICKNESS at its finest!!! :ThumbsUp: it looks like it just came off a win at the track. REBELS are the shit! nice bike PK!!!!!!!!!!! :rawks:

Fantastic Jon, I have always liked the chainstays on the Rebels. Nice mixture of parts and really digging the Grab Ons.

I kinda like the "before" pix at 2.2.2.2 =P

lookin good! yeah those are hadleys

Great job Jon.. I like those Rebel Frames to. Nice mix of parts. Some Rebel pads would be sick on there. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

thats badd ass i like the set up on it no skyed up seat pole and the bars are not all forward looks like a bitchen riderOSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

Looks awesome, like a real race bike from BITD.

Nice choice on the Grab Ons- don't see many of those on builds.

Not 100% on the pedals - they are cool but something a bit older would suit I think.

A job well done.

a set of scuffed rider dx pedals would be a nice touch for this build I think.

Thanks guys for the compliments!!! Andy D and S.Bros, i "had" a set of nice red DX's, but my dumb drunk ass sold them to 8587GN (Keith) at Brian P's. Note to self: When trying to sell a "complete crank set with pedals" (that i was going to use on this bike, and the cranks ended up on this bike) and the person don't want to buy the "set"....don't grab another beer, grab the goods and put them back in the box cuz you could use the parts!!!! ....lesson learned! No harsh feelings Keith....I do this shit to myself!!!! LOL!!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This bike is LONG, i think its 20-20 1/2 inch top tube!!! Its rides very nice and smooth, and its a tight bike!!!! Shinburger, i would love some Rebel pads, but i think i will have a easier time finding rocking horse poop in the desert!!!

Sweet sassy molassy. That came out awesome. The pads and plate finish it off nicely.

What I like about this build is the fact that all those NOS parts didn't take away from its survivor look.

Jon,the bike at 2222 had a NOS frame pad on it :Cool_LikeThat: :Cool_LikeThat: :Cool_LikeThat: . If you need the pedals back,no problem.I was going to use them on my Haro Master build,but I have`nt found a nice survivor set of Sugino CT`s for it yet.

Heres Jon`s bike with the freestyle touch :fart: :fart: :whistling: :wow:

DSCN1004.jpg

You got a PM Keith!! :Praise: :Creepin: :bowdownAll:

Hector, yeah i spread the NOS goodies i think far enough away from each other that it DOES not take away from the "survivor" look. Thanks for that compliment, because that was the look i was going for!!!

I am glad that Andreas and Patrick approved....Now wheres that Seadooit dude and Carbiz fella at??? They are the other Rebel Fans!!!!

Now to think what to do next?!?! I wanna do a cruiser, but i think i'll catch too much flack from the tall guys!!! :whistling: