BMXROB

The all Boss BMX thread

I remember Darren, I think we raced a few times at Sunol. Is Tom still arround?

Here is an pic of Russell Jackson fron an 83 issue of Bicycles and Dirt, Veltman is pictured at the botton (riding for Hutch), and a pic of CJ! ABA World Cup, 1996.

Bicycles_and_Dirt_May_June_83.jpg

CJ_WorldCup_Snap_NovDec_96.jpg

Edited by Jesse@DK

I spend WAY to much time on forums! haha

I have a ton of old magazines, ill look through the pages for more pics, and any old stuff I may still have (I have been looking for my old white w/ black print Boss shirt forever.....Somewhere in the garage) I have so many memories of this, those were some of the best time riding ever!

I may live in Ohio now, but still love NorCal!

Edited by Jesse@DK

Yeah i tossed them up last week but got no bites. Figured I'd hold on to them cause there is a new guy at the local track riding a Boss F/F. Heard he wants to sell too! :)

aren't these for sale on Vintage?

Here is a set of cranks I bought a few years back. Was told they are the early ones. What year would you guys think?

203464393.jpg

203464399.jpg

Heres one I havent yet seen. Looks like another serial starting in T. Check the holes in the brake bridge. They are factory. Pretty rad!

(Got these pics out of the 4 sale section it belongs to OS user Phillyc71, its said to be an 88')

boss3.jpg

boss4.jpg

boss5.jpg

here is MR BOSS himself, he showed up at the 2008 Roseville event.

I guess you could say Jess is Mr. Boss of the 90s but the title of Mr. Boss must forever live with Carlo who was at Roseville the two previous years.

Church!

• Like 1

I dont think thats an 82 but I could be wrong. Id figure any pre 83 Boss would have Panda style dropouts aka a looptail. The decals look later as well. I had an 88 bitd with these same decals.

I am not sure on the year. If you go on BMX Museum you will see the old owner's posting. He had it down as an '82, and it is a f/f on a bike stand . I talked to him at a swap meet later and he said it may be an '83. It is almost impossible to tell throughout the 80's as the serial numbers don't give much detail, and there weren't many changes made. Either way, if I had my choice I'd be buried with this bike when I go. I will never sell it.

Oh, and the 1993 Boss has 180mm Redline dual pinch flight cranks now.

Edited by lluciano77

I dont think thats an 82 but I could be wrong. Id figure any pre 83 Boss would have Panda style dropouts aka a looptail. The decals look later as well. I had an 88 bitd with these same decals.

The Boss I had in 1981, the one I keep telling the story about over and over again. The one that I got because I wanted a Patterson Anderson Avalanche, but since Patterson allegedly hadn't paid it's bills (to Carlo?) they were no longer available. The one that my shop guy said the frame builder took from the inventory of Patterson frames he built and chrome plated and stickered Boss. Well, that one didn't have Panda-style stays. It had Patterson stays. It was, after all, a chrome Patterson with Boss stickers on it. The stickers were yellow, too. Man, I wish I'd taken some photos of that bike.