BMXROB

The all Boss BMX thread

We got almost 3000 view to this post and no one wants to see boss come with a new school frame and or cecil johns bike/frame. thats funny!

The point of the thread was not to be a petition to bring back Boss. If Boss is resurrected from the dead and relevant modern era framesets are produced that would be cool. But to go back an build copies of the past, personally I would have no affinity for.

I knew i should have not said anything! Anyways. why would you make a come back with the same frames that you made in the past. You wouldnt. Like cj fan said. if boss made a come back. you would have to keep some of the boss trademarks. those things set boss frame from the others

I knew i should have not said anything! Anyways. why would you make a come back with the same frames that you made in the past. You wouldnt. Like cj fan said. if boss made a come back. you would have to keep some of the boss trademarks. those things set boss frame from the others

Uhm because SE, Haro, Skyway all have (soon Hutch and Cyclecraft) . Granted the first three never left really. This is not a bash against the retro movement, just my personal opinion. I do not want to see hard goods reproduced. Like I said before I would be down if they brought out something modern that is progression of technology and of this era. I don't want a 2009 version of a 1995 PrimeTime.

I dont think i and anyone else asked for a petition on who like to see boss make a come. Sure i would love to see that happen but only if carlos or someone that has boss in the heart and soul. i had asked about boss making a frame for a guy that passed away that put boss on the map. Cecil Johns! I bet there would be a few people who would like to have one,mainly c.j brother ozzy.There is a reason i wouldnt like to see boss frame make a come back and that would be the collector item may be hurt or when people see me at the track on my boss. The attention the frames bring just puts a smile on my face. now the reason i would is because i can save my boss frames that i am using now and and use a new school frame to beat on.Why would boss make a 2009 primetime when primetime doesnt even race? Like i said if it did happen you would have to keep the head time and brace at the chainstay.Maybe a alum frame or with the late model chainstay that trevor ran for a hot min.Because i would love to get my hands on that frame.Thats like the new hutch that are coming out and not having the hooptail,its not a hutch to me or a 2009 cyclecraft without fredz bars,the famous dropouts or the cyclecraft forks.Anyways no one has responded the question about the boss 24 in the pics about the down tube on that frame

You are missing my point, I am fully aware Veltman no longer races. I could have used " I don't want to see a 2009 1996 version of a Boss Hogg". If they want to use the name for a new modern model, go ahead. I am just not a fan of Retro/Re-pop and personally would hate to see them do it. But to each his/her own, I am just not down with it.

1996 Prime Time I had sitting around and figured I should put it together. Its a rider and thats what I'll be useing it for. Its got some NOS parts and some oldies. All in all I love it.

Boss frame fork bars 185mm cranks

Profile stem and sprocket

GT drop nose seat

Shimano DX brake set

Powerlite retro tread fat and skinny tires

Sun Superstock wheels

S&M platforms

ATI pistols

Bomber pads and plate

pics508.jpg

pics510-1.jpg

pics514.jpg

I'd guess around 93. I had a Prime Time that was a 1" headtube before the one above.

A question for all Boss guys out there, what race plate looks best on the boss pro bars, boss cruiser bars. in a earlier post i think it was Cecil had a mid-school jammer plate on his bars and they looked like they fit just perfect but i am open for any ideas?

• Admin
I dont think i and anyone else asked for a petition on who like to see boss make a come. Sure i would love to see that happen but only if carlos or someone that has boss in the heart and soul. i had asked about boss making a frame for a guy that passed away that put boss on the map. Cecil Johns! I bet there would be a few people who would like to have one,mainly c.j brother ozzy.

If you are interested in a bike for Ozzy... seems like a replica of what his brother actually rode, with the frame from that era and old parts and all would be exponentially more meaningful than a model made today. Just m.o.

p.s. the one inch primetimes are sweet.

Actually larryS L&S is new production, as L&S did not make a 26. These 26's were made with old tubing. Only 5 exist currently (I think more to follow). I have shots of the new school L&S stems, they look NICE.

Actually larryS L&S is new production, as L&S did not make a 26. These 26's were made with old tubing. Only 5 exist currently (I think more to follow). I have shots of the new school L&S stems, they look NICE.

i just saw a ls stem threadless on ebay i think darren sellin it. but the stem is bad ass!!!!