Sign in to follow this  
bmx bandit

Old School Freestyle Scooter Score

Hi all!

I have been reading some recent posts of freestyle scooters here, and I figured I would share a little score with yall. BITD I was primarally a skateboarder and my twin brother was into Freestyle. He had a 1986 CW Shaker and I had a 86 Haro Freestyler. Anyway, when the Mongoose Scoots and the GT scoots came out I wanted to give it a try. I bought a chrome Kent scooter and was doing some real gnarly stuff on it. Mostly launching it off a 3 foot Launch ramp and riding it on my half pipe. I bent the shizzle out of the frame and then bought a Radnor (sp?) and proceeded to trash it as well. I went back to the skateboard but I have some real fond memories of the scoots. So recently I was super excited to find a Zoot Scoot. (only to find out that although it looked mint it was bent too). Fast forward one week and I go back to the thrift store to find a perfectly straight 1986 GENERAL! in CHROME , that iven has the OG pad...woot.

zoot scoot...2nd gen (I did not even know that Dyno re made these lol) The original was a GT..

And the Crown Jewel..

Enjoy.. I only wish I had this one BITD although I am sure I would have bent the hell out of it too going off the launch ramps lol.

I had the Schwinn YO Scooter that was fuscia! Pretty fun to ride, but always remember to kick out wide if u have pegs on the back! I cannot tell u how many times I cracked my anchillies tendon! lol

The scooter looks very cool. I will be picking up a CW on Friday. Have no idea what it needs but I look forward to fixing it up. I see all the little kids riding up and down the road on the walmart scooters. My son when he is ready will be on the CW ripping it up.

:ThumbsUp: killer score genrals where full cromoly the other to you bent where high ten cheap steal!

I have the YO PRO SCHWINN Scoot & a GT ZOOT first gen! find a gyro & a pots moad bolt an rock that scoot back to life.

I've got a NOS General Sidekick and a very nice Peregrine Perfectionist. The neighborhood kids love riding the Peregrine!

Picked this one up at the thrift store for $12.91 a couple weeks ago. Kids in the neighborhood have been having a good time with it!

ACS stem and Rotor set up. Snakebelly tires. Cool Scooter.

Boys_n_Bikes_039.jpg

Boys_n_Bikes_041.jpg

Boys_n_Bikes_044.jpg

Just got this little guy.

cwscoot.jpg

sweet ass ride. Never knew CW made scoots! I cant wait to do some rear tire stalls on my General.. lol. Keep em coming guys

Here's my Peregrine and NOS General F/F. The Peregrine has had new white tires put on since these pics were taken.

DSCN0346-1.jpg

DSCN0347-1.jpg

DSCN0348-1.jpg

You guys are killing me. I started out looking to build up my PK's. Now I find I need more bike storage in the garage. Very cool scooters!!! :ohmy:

robocon, thanks for that heads up- I just googled "rad scoot" and sure enough its a se, lol

On 5/17/2008 at 2:18 PM, JIMBO420 said:

I just found these in the garbage last week.

found_006__Medium_.jpg

found_008__Medium_.jpg

Heys Guys I know this Thread was a LONG Time Ago. I am just Wondering if ANYONE knows what the SECOND Scooter in the Picture is??????? Thanks Guys!!!!!!