Sign in to follow this  
bmx4evr

ACE HOLESHOT

I would like to start by thanking eveyone and there great comments on Saturday the responce was overwhelming from you guys.

This frame was found in a local bike shop on Long Island, it has been hanging from the ceiling and many people including myself had passed it by many times. I went in the shop one Saturday afternoon asked the owner the price and said I would take it. Upon bringing it home I did a little research and there was not much on it. The frame was built as a team bike for Chip and Dales BMX located in New Jersey, upon meeting (please forgive me for forgetting his name, I think it was Pete) at Rockford he was in charge of the development and construction of this frame. I discovered that there were 150 20" frames made and 250 crusiers made.

I spent alot of time researching Mid School reading all of the old threads, I purchased a few Mid School Magazines and spoke with some of the Mid School gurus and after getting an idea of how I would like to see the bike built it was and off to the races to finish it for Rockford. Just as a short side note I feel Mid School should have been represented as an award before retro and customs at Rockford but whatever.

Most of the parts used on this build were NOS and the only parts that were restored were the bars and power disk, new school parts are the seat, chainring, forks and pedal cages.

Parts List

ACE HOLESHOT frame

Landing gear forks

Powerlite stem

Elf Bars thanks Britt

Chris King headset

Jive grips

Paul Canti Brakes

Cycle Designs seatpost

Crupi seat when I get something era correct I will switch it out

Izumi chain

JAD cranks

Hutch pedals w/crupi cages transition era pedals

Rainbow lable Comp III's

Spin wheels gen 2

Profile chainring When I get something era correct I will switch this out

Heres the Pics

this is the day it came home

ace1-1.jpg

NOS Spin Wheels with paper work

spin3.jpg

These were taken two days before Rockford

ace3.jpg

ace2.jpg

Great photographs, john!

Really nice build. Those Jad cranks are perfect!

That thing must be super light too.

I saw the pics from the show but it looks even better in the close ups. Very cool bike with a lot of cool parts. I am impressed. The Holeshot frames aren't that light but they are super freakin cool. Buddah is going to have a cow when he sees that bike.

Nbl 49a

A Nos red anno Profile Rip Saw first gen would be so sweet on there. Not correct but so would a red Imperial.

We as a group need to let the organizers of events know that Mid School needs representation. Often its nothing more than an oversight but if the Mid School group isn't reppin at events its time to step up.

Nbl 49a

very very nice...

kept it proper w/ canti brakes, awesome color combination :HAWT:

If I had the bike I might sell it to you, it is presently MIA somewhere inbetween Chicago and New York if there is anyone out there that has contacts with Delta airlines and may be able to help please let me know. Heres the joke they tried to delover the bike to me last night and brought a baby stroller very funny, I want my bike back.

John, you got to be joking? They lost your bike!

There must be someway they can track it.

oh man i would be so mad if they lost mine or hell ill be mad for you i want that frame so bad

The ACE is home, I was getting dressed for work this morning and there was a nock on the door and a man with the bike, all is good it only took 4 days not so bad

Whew.....little load off your shoulders John!!!

did the stroller have aerospeeds on it at least????

The ACE is home, I was getting dressed for work this morning and there was a nock on the door and a man with the bike, all is good it only took 4 days not so bad

Whhheeeewww...

Very glad to hear you got it back.. and safely.

DELTA has screwed me over SOOO many times.. I boycott that airline to the fullest!!!!

They're a terrible company that has ZERO respect for it's customers.

just a recommendation. Avoid Delta when ever possible.

Whew.....little load off your shoulders John!!!

did the stroller have aerospeeds on it at least????

no but it did have 12" tuffs

That is funny! Glad to hear you got it back.

Nbl 49a

Nice work, John! The Delta story is very unsettling!

I would have to agree. I had considered the only way for me to make Rockford would be to fly and take a bike with me. Yikes.

Nbl 49a

Sorry I missed this. Very cool, those frames are so ugly, yet exotic at the same time. Totally feeling the Paul Stop-lite set up. Great build!

How cool !! Im now currently the owner of this frame now in perth western Australia