Sign in to follow this  
Astrodamus

Rare Handlebars

If this has been done before I apologize,

How would you sort this list to make it so the rarest were first, then the rest in descending order..

VDC Monkey bars

GHP STAR bars

JMC Andy Patterson bars

Profile bars

JMC (all others, incl. DY)

GT Pro Bars

SE Cruiser Bars

KOS Kruiser Bars

Hutch Cruiser Bars

CBR Bars

Redline Nickel

Secondly, how would you sort the same list based on current market value? (you can include est. price if you want to)

(yes I'm bored) Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to play.

I think Patterson cruiser bars top all of those :)

here are some bars that should be at the top of the list.

brackens bars

schwinn predator aero bars (they look like v-bars that cw would have made).

I would say genuine (with decals) FMF bars. I seen a few of the ones above. Haven't seen the FMF ones too often

R&R factory bars would be super rare like FMF's.

GT, Kos, and Profile at the bottom as far as rarity. But Kos's still bring some bank.

Someone else get's to do the whole list though :) I have no clue what JMC bars are going for anymore.

R&R factory bars

I have a set, verified by someone who knows way better than me in these matters..:)

from that list I'd say Profile bars are the rarer.

From that list I own and Star Bars, Hutch cruiser bars, GT Pro bars and owned some SE cruiser bars... so I guess if I can get em they aren't that hard to get - lol

i know these arent THAT rare, but still i havent seen many annodized like this. They are really cool old bend cruiser bars. a powerlite sticker on one side and a VDC sticker on the other. VDC made for powerlite?

plitebars.JPG

Edited by canogapark

and a VDC sticker on the other. VDC made for powerlite?

After all they were Voris's creation. I have some but in expert size.

Picture_332.jpg

I no longer consider Hutch cruiser bars as rare. A few years ago they were going for $500 to $600, but more recently more like $250 to $350. If I needed another set, I know they will come up again.

Rare Hutch bars would be the 2024 aluminum mini bars.

I would say early 80's GT Pro Bars are fairly common, fortunately, because they are my favorite bar of all time. (I have 6 sets). However Medium GT Bars are fairly rare. Profile Bars I would say are extremely rare, it took me 3 - 4 years to find a set...

This would be my order of your list with a few additions

VDC Monkey bars

Profile bars

GHP STAR bars

JMC Andy Patterson bars

Robinson Bars

Hutch Cruiser Bars

SE Cruiser Bars

Kuwahara Cruiser and Laser Lite Bars

KOS Kruiser Bars

CBR Bars

Redline Nickel

GT Pro Bars

3, 2, 1

:ROTFLMAO: and with seemingly no cognizance of the irony

But anyway....

Thanks for adding pics guys, that's a nice touch. I'll try to add a couple pics tomorrow as well. Good thread.

and with seemingly no cognizance of the irony

I'm glad someone understood....:)

and with seemingly no cognizance of the irony

I'm glad someone understood....:)

I got it too, but I didn't want this thread to end up in Trash Talk, so I ignored it ;)

For a minute I thought he was going to say "if I needed another set, I'll just make some more" :lol:

I find it interesting that someone (shinburger?) said profiles would be toward the bottom of the rareity list, and a couple of others put them at the top, or 2nd.

On a side note, has anyone tried to guage the market for the sole reason of cutting someone a bro-deal for something they've been searching for?

For example, hypothetically speaking, let's say I have just scored a set of uber-rare bars for $50, perhaps one on my original list up top, and I want to find out how much they are so I can take off about $150 or so and still pay for my R&R fun while I'm in the States.

If they would fetch $350 on e-bay, then I want to hook the guy up for $200, but if they are worth $800 on e-bay, then I would ask for $600. I don't want sell them for $200 and find out they were worth $8hundy. Make sense? Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so, because I could just put them on e-bay and get the highest amount the market will bear at the time. But I don't want to do that, but it seems the only way to find out is to either put them on e-bay (defeats the purpose) or ask some people who are not interested in acquiring them. Can't ask the guy they are for, because (and I couldn't blame him) he wants to get them for as cheap as possible.

remember, this is all hypothetical (or is it? :lol: )

I still say Patterson cruiser bars top all of those bars below. Star Bars? There's been quite a few of those turn up over the past few years. As for Patterson cruiser bars, I know of two, maybe three sets. Kuwahara cruiser bars are pretty hard to find nowadays, but they do turn up every now and then (thnakfully I found mine before I found my frameset :) ). The standard Laser bars are pretty common. Hutch cruiser bars are relatively easy to get. Actually, Robinson cruiser bars would be another difficult set to find. I know Tom P has them on his 83 Robinson 24.

I would say early 80's GT Pro Bars are fairly common, fortunately, because they are my favorite bar of all time. (I have 6 sets). However Medium GT Bars are fairly rare. Profile Bars I would say are extremely rare, it took me 3 - 4 years to find a set...

This would be my order of your list with a few additions

VDC Monkey bars

Profile bars

GHP STAR bars

JMC Andy Patterson bars

Robinson Bars

Hutch Cruiser Bars

SE Cruiser Bars

Kuwahara Cruiser and Laser Lite Bars

KOS Kruiser Bars

CBR Bars

Redline Nickel

GT Pro Bars

i have a set of race inc cruiser bars, i think they might be mini cruiser bars and they might be kinda rare. i havent seen then for sale anywhere. i did see a set of race inc bars on ebay go for $1950 bucks. i still havent seen any bars come close to that price.

not sure about these but I have yet to see another set like them on any of the big message boards.

The Fluted box bars have popped up from time to time but never the V bars. Reiley and Randy mentioned that Tuf-Neck might have made a V bar and Brian Hays mentioned that an older SE Ad might have had these listed as SE bars but no proof as of yet.

Anybody else have any info on these bars ? pics?

Gonzo__s_08_at_Elysian_018.jpg

any stampings where the grips go?

Patterson cruiser bars for sure and VDC cruiser bars...

IMG_1181.JPG

Picture_186.jpg