Sign in to follow this  
Da-G-Ryd

Roseville 2008 Pix!!!

It was a neat deal, never been to one before. The bikes were unreal, it was very interesting to see them, and yet many were like showroom condition!

It was fun meeting people, rehashing the old days, or finding out you had a mutual friend or link back to the guy you just met.

I am in the picture with Jesse Guymon of BOSS. He gave me some interesting history about the bikes, it was a neat deal to visit with him with his insight.

It was possible to land leads on old buddies too.

Had a blast, but was distracted by the racing. (Guess there is still some racer left in me.) Wandered around looking for Kent Elliot, finally gave up and had him paged. Had a chance to visit as he packed up his kids bikes.

The bikes on display were really amazing. Hats off to you guys.

Had a great time,

A.G. :ThumbsUp:

sorry, no pixs, Forgot my camera =(

Man...it was great, got to meet several people from OS. Some of them I finally got to meet in person and known for a long time. it was awesome! and thank you guys for suppling me with water and shade. I was melting under that cali sun, lol. but got a nice tan!

Roseville show rocked, it's my first time being in a cali show and I was very impressed. kinda makes me want to put my jmc away and hide it. lol. Ill defiently be there next year and most defiently will be at ElDo!!!

thanks to the people that promoted the show, totally first class all the way.

Scott and Gork won the Hack race. Gork is a hell of a monkey!.

G - Man what a set up bro. Reppin OS and Redline to the Core!!!

Hella great to meet those I did. Thanks to all for bringing some sweet shine.

Damn the Patterson, OM, S&S, GLJ and DG cruisers are fuggin sick! Who reps those rides? Id shit hot knives for that Patterson...

Contender there is an all Boss thread in the mid school section. If you could share with us there, what you learned about the Boss legacy would be much obliged.

Shinburger congrats on the trophy man! For some reason I thought you were gonna go black with it but you kept it original color thats super cool. Bike came out great. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Looks like you Nor Cal guys put on a great show. Whos the dipshit who dosent know where to park their rigs?

Here's a pic of me and Danny Oakley and my MooseGoose. Yes, he signed it! Great guy, great knowledge and great stories!

menthemoose.JPG

Danny and the Moose...

dannyoakley.JPG

My RRS 24...

rrs1.JPG

rrs2.JPG

And my favorite bike of the event, a bronze-ish CBR 26 with custom fabricated cable stops made out of oak and copper plumbing tubing. And a Copper tubing seatpost. Wild stuff.

goldcbr1.JPG

goldcbr2.JPG

goldcbr3.JPG

goldcbr4.JPG

And here's a pic of the Barrett Bros. rounding turn 2.

scottngork.JPG

Tony, those shots of you and Danny with the MooseGoose are solid gold. I love those kinds of pics.

Off site hosting is going to make it disappear like invisible ink at some point unfortunately.

Man, I haven't seen Danny in about 30yrs, bummed that I'm on the road, would've been cool to catch up with him. Wonder if John Wells was there.

Edited by spike

WOW! That CBR is off the hook! Really bummed I missed this one but there is always next year. That blue Champion square-back is really nice....

Off site hosting is going to make it disappear like invisible ink at some point unfortunately.

Yup,these are great pix

dannyoakley.jpg

menthemoose.jpg

Cool you got some good pics Tony. I never could quite make it down there kept stoppin and bs'n.

I totally missed seeing Kos as well.

:ThumbsUp:

GREAT pics,guys! THANKS...

Looks like a good time was had by all! I loved

the Cruisers...My fave was actually the 26"

Littlejohn Team Bike! Reminded me of my White one

that a friend's son rode to victory in the Cruiser Class

at the 1980 Mile High Nationals!

The bike shown looked great with it's Red

components...my racer had Blue & Gold components!

A 'special thanks' to the Littlejohn's owner...

'THANKS for the memories! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congrat's on your win's !~G! :ThumbsUp:

Great set up too!

Now let's see them Trophies!!

:Jackpot:

~Johnny

Wow, some great builds in this thread. That Proline is fantastic :ThumbsUp:

I am really digging the red FmF! And I am also digging the blue mystery frame from a few years back! Good to see it rescued and in top form! Love that RnR geometry! Did you guys ever figure out what it was? Motopro" or is it still a mystery?

Did you guys ever figure out what it was?

I think it was found to be an M&H frame or something like that.

does anybody have the run down for each catagory?

Gork just posted this.

BEST MONOSHOCK

Winner: JAKE KILLBOURNE's shiny DAN GURNEY MONOSHOCK

runnerups: John Severin's 16" Stroker Mono

BEST 70's BIKE

Winner: XACH WAGNER's (candy red) REDLINE MICROLINE

runnerups: Perry Will's pearl white Panda Elite, G's 1978 Proline, John Sullivan's '77 "Breithaupt Replica" FMF, G's 1978 Proline.

BEST 80's BIKE

Winner: G's 1980 Redline PL-20

runnerups: Mark Steelman's 1980 Maximum XL, Tony Hart's 1980 Cook Bros., Carson Johnson's SE Quadangle, Troy's chrome 1981 GJS.

BEST 26" CRUISER

Winner: DAVE SHINBURGER's 1979 CHAMPION

runnerups: Tony Hart's 1980 Cook Bros., WFO's black S&S, Mel Wagner's 1979 S&S "3-bar", Perry Wills' copper Cook Bros.

BEST 24" CRUISER

Winner: JAKE KILLBOURNE's PATTERSON 24 w/ GRAPHITES

runnerups: Mike Suarez' 1979 red Champion, Jimmy Roth's '79 white Bassett, G's '83 Redline PL-24, Kevin Misserou's Slingshot 24.

BEST 16" PIT-BIKE

Winner: G's candy-blue REDLINE MX-3

runnerups: Kevin Misserou's '79 white Gary Littlejohn, G's 1976 nickel Squareback Pit, Greg Fong's '82 CW Pit, John Severin's yellow Stroker Monoshock.

BEST FREESTYLE BIKE

Winner: MIKE SUAREZ' 1986 (white) REDLINE RL-20 II

runnerups: Xach Wagner's Skyway T/A, Dylan Williams' '85 (bike), Mike Suarez' 1985 Hutch Trickstar.

BEST OF SHOW

Winner: MIKE SUAREZ' GARY LITTLEJOHN Tandem

runnerups: Tony Hart's '81 Cook Bros., Perry Will's copper Cook Bros 26'er, Kevin Misserou's red Slingshot 24" and Jake Killbourne's mint Patterson 24".

Thanks to all of the participants, spectators who voted on the bikes, and to our presentors at the Patriot Bike Shop awards-gala: Cheri Elliott, Maurice Meyer, Scott Barrette, Randy Shaftner, John "WFO" Severin and special guest Dan Oakley (who made his first appearance at a BMX event since 1983).

Of course - we plan on doing it again next year; as ABA has already announced Roseville will get a National. And we'll likely add more categories - like Best 90's bike and Best Modern-Day Retro build.

--------------------

--gOrk

marketing director

REDLINE BICYCLES

7620 So 192nd Kent, WA. 98032

www.redlinebicycles.com

Here's a pic of me and Danny Oakley and my MooseGoose. Yes, he signed it! Great guy, great knowledge and great stories!

menthemoose.JPG

Danny and the Moose...

dannyoakley.JPG

My RRS 24...

rrs1.JPG

rrs2.JPG

And my favorite bike of the event, a bronze-ish CBR 26 with custom fabricated cable stops made out of oak and copper plumbing tubing. And a Copper tubing seatpost. Wild stuff.

goldcbr1.JPG

goldcbr2.JPG

goldcbr3.JPG

goldcbr4.JPG

And here's a pic of the Barrett Bros. rounding turn 2.

scottngork.JPG

Tony, that was a fun day, fantastic job on the Moosegoose, along with your other exceptional bicycles. Keep up the great work...

Tony, those shots of you and Danny with the MooseGoose are solid gold. I love those kinds of pics.

Steve, the quality job that Tony did on the Moosegoose is solid gold, and I was happy to be in the pictures with Tony, and the Moosegoose.

Tony, that RRS is amazing!

Man, I haven't seen Danny in about 30yrs, bummed that I'm on the road, would've been cool to catch up with him. Wonder if John Wells was there.

Spike, that's right, it's been many years, it would have been cool to catch up with you, let me know when you are going to be up in NorCAL,

and we'll make plans. I didn't see John there, but I hope to see him sometime soon...

Yup,these are great pix

post-2795-1216075164_thumb.jpg

post-2795-1216075178_thumb.jpg

Hello, Thanks for posting the photos of Tony, the Moosegoose, and me. It was a fun day...