Sign in to follow this  
bmiddaugh

The Average BMXer

I've been doing a little writing on my site about my point of view of the early days of BMX in my home state of NJ. I call it "The Average BMXer", 'cause well...that's what most of us were.

I know it may come across as egotistical telling people what growing up and doing this thing meant to just one person, but I figured, maybe somehow, other people could relate to some of the stuff I went through or laughed about.

So..anyway, here's a link to a 42 year old BMXers memories, it's ongoing, I'm up to part 7 and 1984 but it will continue on until, 1999 when I faded from our local BMX scene.

Have fun BMX dawgs!

I spent the first part of my morning reading the first four parts of that blog, and even though I'm in Texas and never got to race as a kid/teenager... a lot of what you write [especially the enthusaism] just takes me back and it's the same. Different but the same. Anyhow just thought I'd say Keep up the good work. Most of us indeed were "average" BMX dudes, all wanting to be like our heroes. I only wish I could run into some of the dudes from the neighborhood I grew up in again. Is that BMX magazine available outside of New Jersey?

The little szine I put out?

There are pdf's of it online at my site.

I have copies I can send out, just need an address.

Thanks for the props!

Good blogging Brett. It shows a lot of passion and lack of procrastination to put out stuff like that.

Not to take anything away from your hard work or the service you are providing by any means, but I was struck by the fact that you've made your avatar and signature here into promotions and links to your site, yet there is a very pointed absence of link to this site in your own links section. Not good enough to recommend, but ample for one's own promotion I guess.

well put, S man.

I shall have a link up this evening.

(just got it done)

I guess I should mention that I don't take adverstising for the site or anything, it's 100% me funded, lol, so sometimes I forget to put reciprocal links.

and of course anyone is free to join my place and advertise theirs!

Sorry bro!

Edited by bmiddaugh

and...

public apology to S. Brothers for stupidly forgetting to put a link on my site.