Sign in to follow this  
broke L345

history of G BOY

of course and my grandfather will answer any questions he can remember that u ask just post them i will copy and then repost with the reply

ps again if there are any for sale i would love to purchase

i have what i believe to be a 1976 g-boy stamped 76-779. original shop decal reads a-1 cycle of westminster, ca. any information is greatly appreciated.

g%20boy.jpg

"It's Christian from Australia

I have a list of questions about a mile long.

Why G "boy"? I understand the G part is your name but what about the rest.

A: Boy stands for the 4 Grable sons

is there a pattern to the serial numbers, they are stamped 76, 77 or 78 then a 4 digit number. Are the first numbers years?

A: Yes, followed by the number in line of production which equaled Serial Number

you mentioned the 8 hole are 1st gen but they seem to be the ones stamped with 77 or 78, the 10 hole are stamped with 76 ( from what I have seen) .

A: 10 hole is first generation; 8 hole second generation

does your G pa remember approximate numbers of bikes produced?

A: Don't remember and records gone

There also seems to be alot of little differences in bracing (smaller gussetts) on different bikes as shown earlier in this thread. I would like to know if these are factory , as in proto types etc.

A: Improvements were made as needed. Things get better with time & usage

what was the variation in decals, there is one that's kind of like script, one that says GB in checks and one that has the holligram G with norco CA on it (I think) and comes with the G BOY MFG decal on the down tube. and there is also the "stout" decal was that in reference to a short main gussett? I thought the 10 hole was the earlier models. oops.

A: Stout was a particular model that had the earlier 10 hole gussett

What colors were the available in?

A: Chrome, Gold, Red, Blue. The last 3 powder coated, later bright deep anodized

Does he know of a team called the "green machine" ? aparrently they rode green G boys.

A: No, must have been an independent team or club

what was your pa's back ground that he was able to produce these bikes so beutifully?

A: When I design something, I try to make it perfect. I designed and produced to work and look as well as it can for its purpose

I would be happy to compile the other hundreds of questions I have .

A: Thanks for your interest in G-Boy products and hi lighting them on the web

Cheers mate

Christian

oh and tell him thanks for my bike"

A: You are most welcome!

• Like 1

nice.

:cheers:

my grandfather has seen this site before and he wrote a post for it but it was too long to actually post on here........ if there is any other questions then just email me or post and i will be sure to get them answerd

steven grable

Too long? Hm. You mean it somehow denied him the ability to post?

That should not happen. Grandfather Grable, we respectfully beseech you to post as much and long as you want.

i still am perplexed if the 10 holes were earlier and mines a 76 and a 8 hole ?????

my grandfather said that he was making the bieks for 5 years and he started in 75 so that means that the bike that you have is a 2nd generation

Too long? Hm. You mean it somehow denied him the ability to post?

That should not happen. Grandfather Grable, we respectfully beseech you to post as much and long as you want.

and yes my grandmother tried to post but when she tried it said that their were to many characters in the posting so my grandfather just decided to wait he is waiting for my uncle tom to see if he has any old bike parts or any old tools they used when they started the shop and then he was going to see if they could post the pictures up with the rest of the thoughts my grandfather had wrote

and yes my grandmother tried to post but when she tried it said that their were to many characters in the posting so my grandfather just decided to wait he is waiting for my uncle tom to see if he has any old bike parts or any old tools they used when they started the shop and then he was going to see if they could post the pictures up with the rest of the thoughts my grandfather had wrote

:rawks:

I've always wondered about that G Boy that was in the back of the Hard Cover book

BMX Down Under as i've never seen one in the flesh.....

So now i know !!!!! :ThumbsUp:

good to see you Scotty!

Holy Moly! Scotty has arisen!

Where you been mate.

Lovin this history too. I never seen one in the flesh either.

My laptop went down, lost my phone with everybody's #'s on it so i pretty much dropped off the face of the earth.... :8: Been very busy with my band, so that has taken up most of my time... Get in touch with Pete Porker for my # or even Reece. I'm usin someone else's computer so i haven't got an email..... as yet. Glad to be back as i have some unfinished business to attend to...

Back to the topic........ Has anybody ever seen a G Boy in OZ????

Thanks Suico that's just plain beautiful!

now we need Reilley1 to post up the 16" hack

SANY1578Medium.jpg

SANY1579Medium.jpg

SANY1580Medium.jpg

SANY1585Medium.jpg

SANY1586Medium.jpg

SANY1587Medium.jpg

SANY1588Medium.jpg

SANY1589Medium.jpg

again thanks to Christian, Waza, G-Ryde, Hinkle and all the other good people who helped out

Rick!

You've outdone yourself! Very nicely done.

Some extra pictures for the thread. I noticed some big differences between these two frames as they sat side by side.

The RED build is #76-034 10 hole gusset w/17" top tube

The BLUE build is #76-1091 8 hole gusset w/18.5" top tube.

Notice the seat mast on the blue one is more kicked back, and also has higher ground clerance...

th_P1010210.jpg

th_P1010211.jpg

th_P1010212.jpg

th_P1010213.jpg

th_P1010214.jpg

th_P1010216.jpg

you've already posted, AWESOME!! not one but Two wow man sooo cool! now we can study them side by side, Thanks!

mine is ser 78-1558 with a 19.5 TT