Sign in to follow this  
604EMPIRE

HUTCH PRO STAR WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM???

I WAS HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TELL ME WHAT THEY KNOW ABOUT THE HUTCH PRO STAR. WHAT YEARS DID THEY MAKE THEM? HOW MANY WERE MADE? WERE THEY ONLY SOLD AS COMPLETE BIKES? WHAT PARTS DID THEY COME WITH? WHAT COLOURS DID THEY COME? AND WHERE WOULD YOU RATE THE BIKE AGAINST THE PRO RACER AND JUDGE MODELS????THANKS IN ADVANCE......

You might do better by using the search feature, there have been numerous topics on it, complete with specs, rareity, and other assorted info.

By the way, why are you asking? Are you thinking about piecing one together?

Do a google search for JJR BMX. Somewhere on his site he has a complete scan of the BMX Plus! Pro Star Test (I have it at home too if you can't find it). $800+ complete bike BITD. You'll find a parts breakdown in that article. All top-end stuff including the Hutch crankset.

Yes, the Pro Star was a complete built around a Pro Racer Frame and Fork. As far as I know, they were show chrome only.

As far as comparison to the Judge and Pro Racer -- again the Pro Racer was sold as a F/F set. The Judge was also a F/F set - Tim Judge's signature frame.

I have some of the Pro Star "prototype" downtube decals. They were rub-ons and quite rare. I can post a picture later on this evening....

EDIT: Found it here at work

tjdecals.jpg

Yes, the Pro Star was a complete bike ONLY. It used a Pro Racer frameset and ALL Hutch components.

Hutch Pro Racer frame and fork

Hutch Pro bars

Hutch stem

Hutch 2 in 1 headlock

Hutch grips

Hutch pads

Hutch seatpost

Hutch seatclamp

Hutch / Kashimax seat

Hutch pedals

Hutch Aerospeed cranks and disk

Dia Comp MX1000 brake and lever

Araya 7X rims and Hutch hubs

Hutch tires.

The Hutch guys will have to verify this but I think the ProStar was available from 1984 through 86 or 7. The retail price was $799.99.

You mean he built a pro star replica.

do some research here and look up Jessie James he built a sick one some time back

BMX0003Medium.JPG

That is me in early 1984 on a genuine Hutch Pro Star. A very good friend of ours (Ward, RIP), owned it, we used to travel to races together. I rode it whenever I got the chance. He got rid of the Hutch grips really quickly (they sucked).

It was a nice bike. And no, I have no idea where it is now, though I am pretty sure I know where the cranks are.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM???, TELL ME ALL YOU CAN ABOUT A HUTCH PRO STAR

They were shiny and fast, chicks used to drop panties at first site of one, due most likely to Burt Reynolds once owning one in the mid 80s. They were originally called the Hutch Jive-Cycle. They were made in the US but assembled in Cuba. They came in either a chrome or bark colored finish.

Hope this helps...

They were shiny and fast, chicks used to drop panties at first site of one, due most likely to Burt Reynolds once owning one in the mid 80s. They were originally called the Hutch Jive-Cycle. They were made in the US but assembled in Cuba. They came in either a chrome or bark colored finish.

Hope this helps...

ive also heard about this phenomenon! I also heard that Burt stepped out after Hutch Tossed his idea of the of a gold Eagle on the head tube and Whip antenna with coon tail flying off the back!

Hope this helps...

See kids! this is why a proper diet is important for a healthy mind. So try to avoid stumbling through life existing on a steady diet of Chicken lips and raspberry YooHoo. Eat right! :wacko:

mountain dew & cheese doodles do the body good !!! as far as the PRO STAR goes good luck ,,I have absolutey no idea what the hell iam doing here !!! :P

I have yet to show "YOU" a picture of my COMPLETE ***HUTCH***PRO STAR as I knew you would want to buy it........It just aint for sale J................

Scot....: (

P.S........I changed a few things on it but it was PERFECT and era CORRECT.....I know a lot of you guys will be tellling me to get rid of the GREEN seat...........I know ...I know.....

002.JPG

:lol: I'm diggin the Green Hornet HUTCH grips man! The AEROSPEEDS are smokin' da kine too! And dual exhaust tips???...

1. LoLo Pro Star

2. Pro Low Rider

3. Gang-Star Pro

Yep,

You mean he built a pro star replica.

do some research here and look up Jessie James he built a sick one some time back

ya, I guess any bike built now is sort of a replica of something or someones imagination, what really is creativity?

Look around. There is plenty of info on Hutch Pro Star complete bikes on the internet. Not all Hutch Pro Stars (bikes in the magazines **look at the first test in BMX Action from 1983**) had these three (3) parts, but these are generally accepted as Hutch Pro Star specific parts.

DSC02348_1_.JPG

DSC02349_1_.JPG

August_2006_053.jpg

Anyone can find the cranks.

DSC02350_1_.JPG

Here is an example of a Hutch Pro Star missing half of its original parts. They are found in this condition every once in a while.

13.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I've never seen a Hutch Pro Star built quite like this one, but here is the most common Hutch Pro Star ad from the magazines (circa 1985 ???).

HutcAdProStar85.jpg

test

:Cool_LikeThat:

True Pro Star is the only real Pro Star: Complete with all of Hutch's top of the line oem parts, many Hutch branded. Pro Stars can be found, could have been kept, but can they be compiled and built from collected bits? Hmmm. I say in the vast majority of cases - no. What you typically have in those cases is a Pro Racer, with nice parts and Pro Star decals. Pro star was a package deal. It can be emulated, but there is a certain, maybe intangible quality to the originally issued complete... and it is in fact this quality that constitutes "prostar-ness", and there is a difference, albeit subtle.

:Idunno: Just my opinion.

Suppose a Hutch today built up with all the correct parts could be a Pro Star "replica"

Pro Stars were simply Racers --- they were offered in either Expert or Pro Racer models

I believe Jeff Haney still owns an og expert Racer pro star (or it may have been owned by his brother Richie)

when they do turn up they are usually missing they're most elusive bits -- which opens the doors to suspect .... chrome plated Tange 125 (is rarely ever seen) the Mitsuboshi/Comp IV tread HUTCH labeled tires are never on them, as is the case with the Kashimax Aero saddle with the HUTCH logo in place of the normal Kashi text .....

all the rest of the bits minus the brakes, chain, hoops and inner tubes were Hutch equipment

Well The reason I am asking is I bought one the other day complete with these parts:

HUTCH PRO STAR FRAME

HUTCH PRO STAR FORKS

CHROME MX 125 HEADSET

HUTCH DEEP H STEM

HUTCH SEAT CLAMP

HUTCH SEAT POST

HUTCH HEADLOCK

HUTCH PEDALS

AND OH YEAH

HUTCH AEROSPEED CRANKS

YES OEM AEROSPEED CRANKS......

So I am looing for a Hutch Kashimax seat and some Hutch tires.....

I have the Hutch Pro bars for the bike and the hubs so I wil have this bike looking 10% OG from BITD........

If anyone knows of these parts please let me know

Thanks....