Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

For the love of JMC

Finally getting this JMC project going! Chemical stripped it to give it a good once over and sure enough, there was a head tube/ down tube crack repair. Took it to Johnny at TrueTorch for the right repair and some rear dropout love and it's off to powder! I'm hoping it'll be done this week and I can start on the building soon.....I should have her done for the June 2nd show.

JMC.JPG

Here she is with her new sexy red coat....

Resampled_2012-04-18_10-27-24_30 (3).jpg

Wheels are off to get built...decals and pads on the way from Mr. Melton....coming along!!

Here she is with her new sexy red coat....

Resampled_2012-04-18_10-27-24_30 (3).jpg

Wheels are off to get built...decals and pads on the way from Mr. Melton....coming along!!

Man that thing came out Great! Gotta dig the red!!

So I got the wheels back from the shop a little bit ago. Early Phils with polished Ambrosio rims. Picked up some of the re-issue Comp III's and figured I'd give them a shot for now. I think I have just about everything to finish it, now just need some time to build.

P5140366.JPG

P5140367.JPG

Here is the number plate I had made for the '12 Society show. Sure, it's a remake inspired by the original JMC factory team plates, but I wanted one for the bike I was taking. It was a nod to Jim to maybe take him back to the early day's. It was hand painted by my wife's aunt. I like it.

jv plate.jpg

I had to pick up the bike to hide my outrageous belly.

jv hoist.jpg

I love the tight little loops of those early models - its patina and everything was as if you opened a magazine, reached right into it and pull it out of the publication - shit was precise ! glad I got to see it and you got to build it - always a pleasure to have a chance to hang too - stay well till the next brother !

I'll try my damnest to make Rockford for the day .... see ya there hopefully.

That Venekamp bike is nuts

PictureJMC001.jpg

Allright now i know why there's a small hole on my cruiser dropout!

And this is the cruiser i just got about a week ago now...its an 84 and i very happy with it, this one was from a friend / old school racer like me who had it since the 80's and has been on the attick the whole time, called him a few weeks ago and he asked me if i wanted his old cruiser..rest is history

How i got it in..

dceddf8b.jpg

Just had to clean the bike and that was it.....

2c7ec401.jpg

b366d27a.jpg

93d4bc26.jpg

47cf4e17.jpg

wow, nice acquisition, Hoger!

Thanks steve, and i only changed the pad set to 1st generation as you can see on the pics

I only added one to the drive side of my bike to keep the wheel from slipping in the drops on gate starts. They also protect the drops from axle nut damage.

Nice cruiser!

Bump! I love this thread! I use it ever once in a while to refresh my memory on somthimg! Thank all of you that have posted!

Jim Melton

one of the people responsible fo starting jmc. this is george earhardt(spelling?) who was the machinist in the complex who along with jim and larry contributed greatly to the origins of jmc. i only had a few photos of him:)img200.jpgimg199.jpg

one of the people responsible fo starting jmc. this is george earhardt(spelling?) who was the machinist in the complex who along with jim and larry contributed greatly to the origins of jmc. i only had a few photos of him:)img200.jpgimg199.jpg

Bryce,

Those photos are awesome!!! Harry back in the hair days and George, man I miss that guy. He was always really cool to me as a kid.

1983 Cruiser. I had this built up with blue parts for the last 4-5 years. I Decided to change it to all chrome.

DSC00217 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

DSC00218 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

DSC00219 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

DSC00220 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

This is an incredible thread , thank you to everyone for participating .

I am a JMC fanatic , like most of you guys .

I have a few of them , would really like 1 of each model , hopefully 1 day I will .

Here's my cruiser , 24C43

IMGP0296_zps0f622fcd.jpg

I guess I can add mine even though I know most of you have seen it. Funny this thread came up. I just took it out for a ride in the neighborhood recently. It's been a couple of years since I rode it last. It is hard for me to believe I have had this bike almost thirty years now:

jmcstudioshot.jpg