Sign in to follow this  
greyboy

HERCULES sidehack

i just wanted to give you guys a sneak peek at me and truly odd's new HERCULES sidehack design. designed in cooperation with Ben Ward from ODYSSEY, the frame is a SUNDAY 2nd wave, 21" tt, built in chain tensioners, mid bb, and its the 1st hack to have laser cut dropouts on the sidecar that match the frame. the rendering shows it combined with the ODYSSEY director fork... and a BONUS! the front tire clears both directions in case you wanna be the first to throw a sidehack bar spin :Liv2ride: ...hope you guys dig it :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

we are supposed to get the first 4 this week, one of which is a special order project for DUCATI racing :rawks:

2nd_WAVE_HACK_1.0_21.0_13.jpg

2nd_WAVE_HACK_1.0_21.0_13.4.jpg

2nd_WAVE_HACK_1.0_21.0_13.2.jpg

Looks good . . . but the SE Wildman hack we built you has the front tire clearing in both directions . . . Thats the first of its kind!!!

Edited by D...Nice

gee thanks..but i didnt say it was the first hack to clear both directions with the front wheel...and you didnt invent that anyway, we asked you to do that, and when it was all said and done, you still didnt get it right :blink:

I SAID it was the first hack to have laser cut drops on the sidecar that match the bike frame.

Actually, some of the Thompson Cyclecars (Circa 74) were made so the front wheel would clear in both directions

Actually, some of the Thompson Cyclecars (Circa 74) were made so the front wheel would clear in both directions

is that a motorcycle hack? or bicycle hack? just curious because ive never heard of one :Idunno:

is that a motorcycle hack? or bicycle hack? just curious because ive never heard of one :Idunno:

BMX Hack, they also had a killer fork

OFF-FORK.jpg

the company itself is still involved with motorcycle hacks. I can't see why you would want to clear the wheel on a motorcycle hack however..:)

we asked you to do that, and when it was all said and done, you still didnt get it right

B.S. Get your story straight, remember u came to us . . . we showed u on our proto types about the wheel clearance, so get over it! BTW Hercules is European bicycle company.

Edited by D...Nice

the bottom line is that no one cares about that, you blew the hack you made for us, and now your trying to come on my thread and talk shit...go away :Special Salute:

we asked you to do that, and when it was all said and done, you still didnt get it right

B.S. Get your story straight, remember u came to us . . . we showed u on our proto types about the wheel clearance, so get over it! BTW Hercules is European bicycle company.

• Like 1

Good luck to you greyboy. I know this a passion of yours and you seem to be the man carrying the torch. Good luck on your new venture, regardless who does or doesn't build them. :ThumbsUp:

Hey G boy & ODD Looks cool! We used to run some different geometry on the front...something with some caster in it. JP would use a trailing set up, and I've used a leading link springer set up also.

This is a 4130 rig not aluminum right?

To bad people that build stuff today really aren't in tune with sidecar's...

Dave___sidecar.jpg

GOOD LUCK BOY'S :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I'm not too fussy if they're in tune or not, I'm just happy to race them. Greyboy, nice youtube post-just found it a minute ago.

Jason Gibb's building #2 for me this winter (sold #1)-any organised socal stuff, or is it just a casual thing?

the first 4 production HERCULES sidehacks will be done tomorrow.....should have some nice pics asap :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Will they all be 20's and right hand monkey?

What, no left handed monkeys? How about ambidexterious?? Why would the bike care if the monkey was right or left handed?

I kid...

Unfortunately, we aren’t currently making them.  We only made a handful of these Hercules Hacks.  A few to private collectors and 2 custom models for the Nitro Circus guys.

I do occasionally see the IMPAKT’s for sale on Craigslist.   You can also try putting up a “wanted” post.  I’m sure you’d be able to find someone willing to sell one.  

• Like 1