Sign in to follow this  
RipVanWinkle

Old School BMX on TV and Film, movies & music videos

The movie seriess FRIDAY, they kept messing with a punk kid riding a BMX, I think it was a MONGOOSE Californian, and there where a few other bikes too.

TRON Legacy. Right in the beginning it starts out with a flashback to 1989. Kid has a Ripper parked out front of his house. Most likely a retro, but still.

Also... Beautiful Girls. A kid rides what looks like an old white Redline to the neighbors house to see Natalie Portman's character.

There has already been countless screen grabs done on TRON Legacy...

Tron+PK+Ripper.JPG

Watch the movie American Flyers and forgot about the little gem of a scene with Pat Romano doing his thing in it.

photo.JPG

I saw one the other day in Poltergiest, Coach trips on Schwinn Scrambler as they are moving out. I would grab it, but not that computer hip. .02

One of my best friends here made this video for Seaweed, and it's funny because he never rode a BMX bike in his life.

My guess is that it was Seaweed's idea or my dumb ass JD, bong and BMX stories. smile.gif

I stumbled across this video today and immediately thought of this thread.  Come to find our man RC posted it way back.  Small world.  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?BJcoIEWB1C0

There's a Hallmark Christmas movie called "Annie Claus" about Santa's daughter. When she's in the workshop at the North Pole, there's an SE in there. Ripper Jr.

image.jpg

The new show on ABC The Goldbergs is set in the 80's the main kid looks like he is riding a Spalding sears type BMX bike. The other nights episode had the kids all on bikes a couple were bmx bikes but I couldnt make out what kind.

Saw the end of that episode -- they all appeared to be department store bikes.  Still cool nonetheless.  They were doin their own re-enactment of "The Goonies".  Funny stuff.

Philly 'burbs -- What what!

I just watched Jaws II the other day too. I'll have to check it out again for that.

I want to kick my ass every time I think of this. Back around 7 or 8 years ago a buddy of mine who happened to be a fan of the Tonight show with Jonny Carson said he found a cool old episode on the Jonny Carson website. On this site you used to be able to buy old individual episodes of the Tonight show but you can�t anymore. My friend was also a Farah Fawcett fan as well. Anyway my friend told me you could also look up old episodes by using the guest names as keywords. So he looked up episodes with Farah Fawcett. That is when he found an old episode with not only Farah but BMX as well.

So I checked it out. Sure enough there was an episode in 1974 that had a BMX demo as part of the show. It was the OM himself out there promoting the upcoming Yamaha gold cup series. I went to order the tape that is when I found out they wanted $100.00 an episode to buy on VHS. At the time I felt that was an outrageous price to pay so I didn�t go for it. Sometime later I decided to pull the trigger on that VHS tape only to find they changed the websites content and you could no longer order individual episodes anymore.

All I could get were �best of� compilations. And that episode was not on any of them. But it�s out there somewhere kids, the OM on the tonight show! cool.gif

Wow, I missed this post from years ago.. has this

footage surfaced? has anyone asked Scot about the Tonight Show? that would make a great interview (i guess they didnt burn copies back in the day)

This could be harder to find than the STR-1

Here's a couple I spotte from the 1986 Stephen King classic Maximum Overdrive. I'm starting to think Stephen was a fan on BMX BITD. 

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Pantera, as I saw fb posts of people marking the 10 year anniversary of Dime Bag Darrel's assassination, I was reminded of the S&M shirt prominently featured here in this Pantera video.

not sure if this ones been posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGem7S3aeE8

good one, Shannon... and a good way to spend your new year, watching a classic!

8704319_orig.jpg

• Like 1

Chris Rock did a pretty sweet Danny Makasill impression in that New Jack City clip, I forgot all about that one....

It's gonna be a good year for BMX in the movies. Turbo Kid! "Mad Max on a BMX"

"T is for Turbo". I believe this is the short that the feature in the trailer above is based on.

Not from The BMX episode, but a little something at the begining of one of the episodes from season 1. They were pulling him over for riding in the street I think.

Chips BMX kid.jpg

Chips BMX kid.jpg