Untitled_20.jpg

Untitled_21.jpg

Untitled_22.jpg

Last batch. . .

Untitled_23.jpg

Untitled_25.jpg

Untitled_24.jpg

Untitled_27.jpg

Dope thread... moving it to track side as I'm cleaning out that "member's photo album forum". We're gonna close that forum, and integrate the content into other areas of the site.Dope thread... moving it to track side as I'm cleaning out that "member's photo album forum". We're gonna close that forum, and integrate the content into other areas of the site.

Apparently, the kid in red in front of Richie Anderson in the second pic from the top in Post #4 is John Tomac. Who knew?

Great Pix "X" .... thanks for posting.

Most of these pics, if not all, were shot during the practice day, so number 17s lead isn't all that. But, that's on my old BMX friends. His name is Steve Paul. He was probably 16 expert there. Later he turned pro. I think he raced B Pro. I still see him sometimes when I go home. HIs bike was a GT and opposite of Greg Hill's. His had a blue frame with chrome forks and Greg's a chrome frame with blue forks.

Are you in Cali? I'm guessing not.

Great shots. There is actually a MikeCarruth sighting in the second shot:

mike_signting.jpg

I remember that race as if it were yesterday. It was the first one I flew to by myself, covered it for SuperBMX.

Thanks for the awesome memory lane trip!

Best,

M

I attended the BMX Championship at the Dayton Montgomery County Ohio Fairgrounds. I hear now years later the event was in August 1982. I recall in an early heat Jason Jenson who rode for Torker and Haro(?) was involved in a bad wreck in an early heat. Stu Thompson, another renowned rider was at the Dayton event also. 

I now see a recording from VHS tape to digital on YouTube.com of this event. It must be a VHS taken by the Chilean Team that is said to have won several heats that day. The YouTube.com link is here: 1st World championship IBMXF Dayton Ohio 1982 (Cámara delegación Chile) - YouTube

I was offered at one time to try out for Huffy Bikes in Celina Ohio. My buddy Jeff Piper rode for Huffy. I later met another Dayton local named Gary Pace who was said to ride for HaroBMX. This all was happening as we built our own tracks in Trotwood Ohio. One nice homemade track was built behind now long gone Shilohview Elementary! 

Does anybody recognize #50?   Is he riding for Flying W?