Sign in to follow this  
Jarvi

85 Haro FST

This build completes the triplets for me with the 85 Sport, 85 Master and now the 85 FST. Been a while doing this one and have had it finished for a while and just didn't take any photos. It's a glorious 37 degrees (98.6 in the other) today in Melbourne so I felt like getting out and enjoying it. Pity about burning my hand on the metal ramps.

Thanks go out to Reilley1, Waza, Roberto, Chip at C4 and can't remember where all the other bits came from.

haro-fst-85-2.jpg

haro-fst-85-3.jpg

haro-fst-85-4.jpg

haro-fst-85-5.jpg

haro-fst-85-6.jpg

haro-fst-85-7.jpg

haro-fst-85-1.jpg

And for those that can remember the 85 Sport photos, I took a similar one to this.

haro-fst-85-8.jpg

And as its an all around bike I thought I'd better take one on the dirt.

haro-fst-85-9.jpg

And had to get my face in there somewhere...

haro-fst-85-10.jpg

I really wanted to get a photo of all three, however, it's too difficult to get them all in the car so this one at the show last November will have to suffice.

haro-triplets.jpg

Very cool!!! I have an 84 I'm working on myself. This is motivation.

WOW. I love all 3 (Sport, FST, and Master) all together and all WHITE!

...... Letting the Blue - Red - Green graphics really set them apart.

Beautiful!

Nice job James. I love the FST the best. real nice job.

:wow:

Seeing builds like that is why I love coming to this site so much. That is one hot bike.

Somebody tell me, what's the difference between an FST and a Sport?

:wow:

Seeing builds like that is why I love coming to this site so much. That is one hot bike.

Somebody tell me, what's the difference between an FST and a Sport?

The Sport was a bit different in geometry... being one inch longer, and having a more relaxed head tube angle for better pool / ramp riding stability. In 85, the Sport also differed from the FST in that it had the built in rear frame standers and a lower chain stay gusset. And of course... much of the componentry was different too - more "top of the line".

:)

Thanks guys. Looking at the photo of the three at the show I just realised the seats were around the wrong way on the Sport and Master. The Sport should have the Kashimax Aero and the Master should have the Shotgun II. Can't believe I never realised on the day.

Wow James, that FST is beautiful!!! A mate of mine had one BITD, it was a cool bike and even though I vowed I would only build one freestyle bike, I would like one of those as well...That looks almost 100% OEM, (bar the tuffs) from memory....awesome photography as usual! Congrats mate!

The Sport was full chrmo, and the FST was tri-moly (chromo front triangle, rear mild steel)

The 84 and 85 catalogs only mention chromoly tubing where as 86 onwards mentions trimoly. I think this has been discussed before and the consensus might have been that the first couple of years for full chromoly but I can't be 100% certain.

Very nice, love the tuff wheels an all of them

Total sweetness. I really love all three. I like the mag/colored tires look myself. Don't see enough of that IMO. It just looks great!