Sign in to follow this  
revrob1965

Who Makes A 26" Quadangle Frame?

I'm thinking about getting a 26" cruiser frame for a build out and I just want to know who makes a 26" quadangle frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Supercross made one. You see them come up with fair regularity on the boards and ebay.

VRP has some out there too. They also show up on the market.

There's other people making them too. Beware of scoundrels. You should think twice before supporting people cranking out unstamped 26" landing gears. That is fuct.

If you could handle a 24", then of course you can go direct to SE. If you are interested in the 09 white 24" quadangle, let me know and I'll provide details. Full disclosure: This site is an SE dealer.

I had a white 24" SE Quadangle ~~ I got a great deal on the complete bike so I sold it to finance another venture. I loved the bike ~~ but thought a 26" might fit a little better.

Out of curiosity, how do the 09 Quads shape up as race bikes? Are they deemed more of a retro ride, or are they/can they be treated as a serious race bike?

I have no idea on the new school stuff, and it has me interested.

IMG_1053.JPG

here is my collection of built quads front one is 26"

A couple pics of my supercross quads :)

IM000128_1.JPG

IM000405a.JPG

It isn't a Quadangle unless SE makes it, period.

:nailed:

It isn't a Quadangle unless SE makes it, period.

:nailed:

I'm with you on this, Torrey.

But alot of people will argue that today's SE isn't "really" SE either.

Companies change ownerships all the time, but SE is still SE and they are doing two things that I can see. 1) they are bringing the company back from the ashes, and 2) they are producing great bikes and becoming industry leaders again. If a company produced a Quadangle look-alike bike it doesn't mean it's a Quadangle, or that they can put Quadangle stickers or pads on it. That is only for SE to decide or do, not other companies. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Again, I agree. I've been supporter of the "new" SE since 2003. So you are preachin' to the choir.

If I'm not mistaken, the knock off quads came without decals, and collectors stickered them up with SE decals cuz, at that time, these were as close to a retro SE as you were gonna get.

Oh I know, I wasn't preachin to you man, just the others who want to listen. SE was ahead of its time, radical designs, radical technologies. There are other brands out there today who love to hate on SE but in secret probably wish they had invented some of the stuff SE had. I grew up with SE Racing, I rode SE and lived SE during the hey days, and now that SE is coming back like a phoenix rising from the ashes, some don't like it. SE is not a hyped up company, the products lead the competition. 30 year old designs that are as strong or stronger than some of the other major players out there. That's what I am talking about. It's time to bring the Quadangle back to the skateparks and the race tracks. Time to bring the PK Ripper back to teach the youngsters what a real race bike is.

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

It's time to bring the Quadangle back to the skateparks and the race tracks. Time to bring the PK Ripper back to teach the youngsters what a real race bike is.

Oh, I'm doing what I can...

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

3623603208_81dbcc5b5c.jpg

3623601820_8191c01863.jpg

3778409623_e4deb4efca.jpg

Cool pics guys! Wait til I work out my cobwebs and I will be right there with you!

something to drool over

OM26_24solosm.jpg

:ThumbsUp: Scot's 'quad' was actually a 26/24...wasn't it? I think it's

'likely' the only one built? Never seen nor heard of another!?

Also likely that Scot raced his while 'finalizing' the 24"

Floval Flyer race frame? Anyone know for sure? :cheers:

It's time to bring the Quadangle back to the skateparks and the race tracks. Time to bring the PK Ripper back to teach the youngsters what a real race bike is.

Doing my part too....on flats, no doubt....

5888_1141966021754_1005553715_30391395_5815514_n.jpg

5888_1148584987224_1005553715_30409108_6288276_n.jpg

the "OM Quad"... 26" proto, picture take'n in SE Racing bldg. San Marcos 1999~2000

a few years later the VRP Quads, started showing up... I think they are identical except they have a cross brace on the down tubes.

still have it, rode it last weekend 8-15-09 at "G" s Birthday party @ Bellflower BMX

OM_Quad.JPG

26_QA_8_09_sb.jpg

Lookin good! Keep em flyin!

:)

SE 2010 26" loopy QA.... I think its "BFY" Bright F'n Yellow. w/ black

I think its "BFY" Bright F'n Yellow. w/ black

I hope there is an alternate color scheme.

I think its "BFY" Bright F'n Yellow. w/ black

I hope there is an alternate color scheme.