Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Earliest GT's... Pedals Ready, CYC AMES connection, the mono... all of that

I find this all very interesting. I'm not sure if I missed anything, but can anyone explain the "dimple" at the end of the top tube? I know that CYC had a hole there and I'm pretty sure the Pedals Ready was a flat back right?? Also, where are the serial numbers located on a PR? 

Edited by comedianmike
  • Like 1

ADAM,

gary has seen it .. he said someone cut the post looks like it too..he wanted it bad too .. I gave him craigs(his son) protoype frame that I won off ebay ser # ct004 (craig turner) almost looked like the PR GT BMX..

i still have a couple of early gt's

Kevin,

Im enjoying taking in all the information you've posted thank you. Would you know where the serial number is located on the PRGT? Also, are the flat at the end of the top tube? I know CYC have the holes, but what about the dimples some have?? 

thank you, Mike

Mike, Kevin hasn't posted in years.  Somebody might pick it up, but feel free to make the same points in a post in the Facebook BMX Society group. It will get picked up there. 

ADAM,

gary has seen it .. he said someone cut the post looks like it too..he wanted it bad too .. I gave him craigs(his son) protoype frame that I won off ebay ser # ct004 (craig turner) almost looked like the PR GT BMX..

i still have a couple of early gt's

Kevin,

Im enjoying taking in all the information you've posted thank you. Would you know where the serial number is located on the PRGT? Also, are the flat at the end of the top tube? I know CYC have the holes, but what about the dimples some have?? 

thank you, Mike

Here you go Mike. No dimple on end of top tube.

ED00AC39-48E8-4E67-8A7C-96D73C0809B8.jpeg

• Like 1

interesting.  i own that bike now, frame and fork.  rides nice and ready to ride.  the first post picture with the red seat clamp and white sticker with flag.  just took a picture of it in my garage.