Sign in to follow this  
2blader

ESP stems-I need to be schooled

I have one on a Profile build right now and I know its too new for the build. So I would like to know the years for all 4 versions of the ESP flying W stem and a picture of the last version if that is not a problem as I have never seen it. I currently have the circular ESP emblem. My build will evolve hopefully into a very early 80's PROFILE...but I do not know when ESP started and if it would be appropriate on the bike even if it were the earliest version.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Any ESP guys here? :)

Thanks CBguy but I still need the manufacture dates for the different versions. Right now I have the round ESP emblem on one of my Profile 20's but it will evolve into a very early 80's build with a straight blade fork. I know the Viscount sux...temporary 'til I find a SHOT GUN II in Blue. The wheels are riders until I get/find the real parts I want.

and if someone coud chime in on this mini stem, that would be great... :cheers:

IMG_1115__Medium_.JPG

Where's the ESP god's when ya need 'em? :RUthurr:

It would be good to get an accurate timeline, I have what I believe to be a 1st gen on an '81 build and a 4th gen on an '85.... but I could be a little off.

Marcos definitely knows

I bet Scott knows all the ins and outs now too.  I know there's been stuff posted about it here.  I'll dig around if I have time later.

The 1st one is the ESP cap and it's early 80's maybe 81ish, the circle one 83ish and the winged version is a tad later-but yes Marcos has a better grasp on the exact timeline.

Thanks for all the stuff you put in the database too, Scott.  I hadn't noticed the extent of it until recently when we got the preview slide show on the right column and I keep seeing your contributions show up.

I couldn't find any old timelines