Sign in to follow this  
PlanetX

Vote for me

I have submitted four T-shirt designs to a web site called Threadless.com. They are not yet approved--and may fail because of concerns about copyright issues--but if/when they are posted, I'd appreciate it if you guys would vote on them. Maybe they'll make them for me to sell and you to buy. If not, I'll have to do it myself.

The vote isn't between these--not which of these you like best--they all need votes so they can all get made, or not.

That said, knowing what you guys like and don't like will help me determine what I'll make when/if I do it myself.

Thanks

http://www.threadless.com/submission/20593...m=PlanetX" title="Brake - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever">Brake - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

http://www.threadless.com/submission/20593...m=PlanetX" title="Pedal - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever">Pedal - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

http://www.threadless.com/submission/20594...m=PlanetX" title="Electric Pedal - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever">Electric Pedal  - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

http://www.threadless.com/submission/20594...m=PlanetX" title="Gooseneck - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever">Gooseneck - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

I LOVE the MX1000 shirt.

I'd wear that for sure!!!!!

I'll vote on it once it's approved :)

Nice work. From a fellow "Illustrator" guru.

Thanks. I have six or seven more images I'd like to have made at some point. We'll see if I can make it happen. Others include KKT rat Trap, Haro Handle, Phil spider, Redline 401s, Oakley II grip, Kashimax MX saddle. . .ummmm. . .I think that's all of them. Oh, and a Hutch pedal.

Reedy Pedal for sure

Oh, and a Hutch pedal.

3_lawyers.png

toss between mx 1000 and the square corner. WOW!!!!!!!!!

LOL do the Hutch pedal that would be awesome just blur the lettering a bit and no one can say shit. There is more than one round pedal MFG. Put a few of the stars in a circle around it.

That would be some funny shit. You could put the "repop this" guy in the background with Steve's permission of course :)

The DC shirt is bitchin by the way.

those are cool dog. can you do da back of the shirt too? if so, do a tester with brake image and on the back show the exact same image and position but from the rear. you'd be a walking brake caliber!

Super cool PlanetX! I'll give them a $5 after pending approval.

I think the Pedal on orange is going to do the best... the voting kids on that site are brutal. It's not easy coming up with stuff that is original and something that everyone would wear. I'm better at doing the violent dark type stuff, but it just doesn't fly with that community. These were the 3 designs I put up in '06. I thought I stood a chance, but the kids beat the hell out of me. :)

I might try a couple more. I'm 7734 on threadless. Good luck, PlanetX

gallery_3787_171_29237.gif

Origamtee

gallery_3787_171_42552.gif

Battery Life

gallery_3787_171_9185.gif

Fighting Unicorns

RVW,

I just found it today. I don't hole much hope, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. I like the battery one, or whatever that is.

Rick,

That's funny. I know there is potential to infringe on trademarks with some of my designs, but what they hell. I'll make the ones I'm not worried about--there are plenty of out-of-business BMX companies--and offer the others to the companies if they want them.

The Hutch pedal is actually pretty cool. If JDB wants to use it, I'll sell it to him.

The KKT rocks, too. Here's a peak.

KKT_T.jpg

LOL do the Hutch pedal that would be awesome just blur the lettering a bit and no one can say shit. There is more than one round pedal MFG. Put a few of the stars in a circle around it.

That would be some funny shit. You could put the "repop this" guy in the background with Steve's permission of course :)

Wait a minute let me get this straight. You need permission to repop the repop guy?

Doesnt that put us in another cosmic reality or something? :blink:

Wait a minute let me get this straight. You need permission to repop the repop guy?

Doesnt that put us in another cosmic reality or something? :blink:

I'm not sure how all this trademark/patent/copyright stuff works. I have some basic knowledge, but I'm no lawyer. I think the Shepard Farey defense is pretty good and might work, though. I could be wrong though.

How do those guys who make art with cool hot rod cars in them get away with using the Mustang or Cadillac or Chevy or whatever logos and images?

I'm going to name my next T-Shirt biz "Seize and Desist".

When I worked for a smaller record label, we put stuff out through Atlantic Records that was never cleared. We just took turns signing the release forms with our left hand. :)

Kopyright Liberation Front

I'm no fan of obvious rip-off copyright infringement. When all the skateboard companies were doing it BITD, I hated that shit. It was boring and lacked creativity.

I think these are a bit different. I'm not sure how to put those thoughts into words just yet though. Other than I'm not just stealing a logo and changing the name a little. This is more about the parts, none of which have been in production for more than two decades. For now, I'm not worried about it. I haven't put anything into production for sale yet.

gallery_3787_171_2967.gif

There was this.

That's funny.

You know... I'm guilty as hell. I did the first Babes in Toyland T-shirt design. They're pretty hard to find now and it was funny at the time, but I'm kind of embarrassed about it now.

I can't find a picture of one, but it was the "I'm With Stupid" thing with the finger/hand pointing straight up.

I really liked the Big Brother "LISTEN TO MORE BLACK SABBATH" t-shirt. :)

gallery_3787_171_6198.jpg

I did a short run of these, but nobody would wear 'em including me. :)

good project, Michael.

Naturally the repop man is open source. :wink:

creative_commons_bw-764395.gif

all cool man - who is the market you are going for?

The MX1000 is pretty cool.

I design a lot of rock posters and stuff so I think the work is great.

all cool man - who is the market you are going for?

The MX1000 is pretty cool.

I design a lot of rock posters and stuff so I think the work is great.

Who's my market? OS/Vintage BMX collectors and old BMXers who feel the need to relive or reconnect with their youth. Maybe even people who just think bike parts look cool.

Small markets, I know. But I'm a nichey kinda guy.

cool designs planet....i'd wear a couple of them! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]: