Sign in to follow this  

Schwerma "Champion" registry

GREAT bikes ,,,,, each and EVERY ONE !!!!!!!!! Schneeky , you get  a MOTOS AAA+ on that !!!!!!!!!

Thanks man. Getting props from you guys puts a big smile on my face...:-)

Hi Jon, it used to be owned by Glynn Hicks and i bought it from him a couple of months ago. It had been painted blue so i stripped it back to og.

Before...

attachicon.gif11896025_10153057372628263_3961719810370917501_n_zpsulz1cdir.jpg

After...

attachicon.gif20151016_104801_zps2cxcjv1p.jpg

Regards...Steve :-)

Don't know if you are aware of this, but your RL Pro-Line forks (I'm assuming that they *are*) may be nickel plated under that white paint... like mine. No guarantees. My forks had the stock pearl white finish, and where manufactured in 78 or 79. Got them with the matching frame. Frame was sans little gussets , which where an add-on later in the production, so it's a safe bet on when they were made early on. Anyway... good score, Steve!

Jon

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Jon. Looks like the stripper is coming out then as i was going to have a pair of earlier RL forks lengthened to fit the Champ steerer tube...:-)

Here's mine. It has no number because it was filed off.

Though I'm sure that you had nothing to do with filing off the serial # - might that not present a problem if a local po-po saw it? It's my understanding that those in possession of such items would be brought up on charges and the entire bicycle confiscated on the spot.

CF 275 is in my garage and owned by Mike Girvin. he is from oakland and purchased in new.

CF 010 is in a brew pub/ bike shop in north Tacoma called Sluggos. they make their on beer, have vintage bikes and video games. the owner of the bar is restoring it for the son of the original owner.

Champion Frames #061.JPG

#CF 061 Garrett Duncan

Edited by Garrett Duncan

Hey dunphy 1: Your Champion #CF 059 is exactly the same vintage as mine (#CF 061). What year is yours. I am thinking mine is 1975 or 1976.

Thanks, Garrett 

Hello Champion Registry contributors:

I cannot tell you all how this Registry and thread by all of you OS BMX'ers warms my heart. I have been after a Champion for years and was finally given one after decades of searching.

I tried to respectfully buy the Hank & Frank Lafayette Champions, get one from John Wells, get one from DCBMX1 and on and on. 

There is something very special about this time in NorCal described elsewhere by John Wells and others with Silver Shield, Hank and Frank, the early Pete Harrigan modified Schwinn Freight Trains, and on and on. The Champion is a NorCal treasure. I was a bit younger than John, Pete, and the others in Oakland, but even then I knew the Schwerma Champion was special.

Thank you all!

Much respect, Garrett

• Like 2

Ok Iam bringing this back because Iam now the owner of# cf052 with og patina and matching redline fork..

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

• Like 3

LOVE every single one of em !!!!!

DSC05584.JPG

# CF 011 Adam Cox (jmc/ace)
# CF 038 Kevin Mariolle
# CF 039 Roc
# CF 043 Frazer Bradshaw
# CF 057 Jon Clark
# CF 059 Dunphy1
# CF 075 seda
# CF 095 RandyS
# CF 112 Roc
# CF 125 Jz56oval
# CF 148 JP Bail
# CF 187 Spike
# CF 189 John Wells
# CF 200 Roc
# CF 209 seda
# CF 214 Larock
# CF 240?/250? DAN
# CF 258 Roc
# CF 259 dewabo
# CF 264 Cecil Yother, Jr. "cj"

# CF-280 Aaron
# CF-? (filed) Roc
# CF-? (filed)Spike
# CF-? (filed) Larock
# CF-? (filed) Waza
# CF-? Ray Mariolle
# CF-? Hank and Frank Bicycles

I just updated this registry, with me owning #280 Again!  I just got it back, as I owned it from back a few years ago. Nice to have it back.!!

DSC05582.JPG

DSC05585.JPG

DSC05586.JPG

DSC05587.JPG

DSC05588.JPG

Edited by Cycle24-7

Its from Dan, looks like 280... Well never know... :nonono:

The Champion Schwermas are the coolest of all frames in my humble opinion. I must have one.

Thanks, Steve.

Here's my 76 Champion. I've owned since new. Bought at the now gone Hayward Cyclery. I was friends with the Patterson brothers & Roc (site member). Used to race at the local Hayward track in early 77.  Frame is CF 186. Frame has the orig. nickel finish. Just polished it up recently.

40563052140_cefc662c22_z.jpg

41547832254_7db4837cf7_z.jpg

27402807757_a8d79d4df5_z.jpg

• Like 1

Here's my 76 Champion. I've owned since new. Bought at the now gone Hayward Cyclery. I was friends with the Patterson brothers & Roc (site member). Used to race at the local Hayward track in early 77.  Frame is CF 186. Frame has the orig. nickel finish. Just polished it up recently.

40563052140_cefc662c22_z.jpg

41547832254_7db4837cf7_z.jpg

27402807757_a8d79d4df5_z.jpg

This is killer and being your own since back in the day is just superb. 

.By the way, photo hosting is free here.  It keeps threads alive. ;)

S.Brothers

This is killer and being your own since back in the day is just superb. 

.By the way, photo hosting is free here.  It keeps threads alive. ;)

Thanks!  Pic of the serial no.

First bike was a Schwinn stingray, then 74' R&R Moto-X, 75' Redline, sold each time to upgrade to the Champion.

Remember watching the Flat Track races Friday nights in Hayward. Doug Schwerma was there at times.

CHAMPION 1976 BMX BIKE 007.JPG

Love the Champion with uncut Ashtabula fork!  I used to buy bmx from Cyclepath as well.  Please post a photo of the shop decal.  Thanks.

Dope you still have your bike after all these years. It’s a nice one.