Sign in to follow this  
Da-G-Ryd

BANDITO SURVIOR PART 2

Here she is all cleaned up, I spent a few days on her. I completely took her ALL apart, used steel wool on da frame & forks which brought da original chrome back to life, da chrome on this bike is GORGEOUS!!! I then dis-assembled each rim, steel-wooled EACH spoke :30: , then re-laced, & trued! Da original Uni seat fell apart when I took it out of da frame, luckily for me I had da same exact one, but NOS! Da 175's I traded out for some 180's (thanks erole) just because I like da feel of them better, then I added da pedals w/ urchin cages. Da brakes are stamped " MONTY POWER", I've never heard of them but scored them @ a swap meet a few years ago knowing I would use them on some type of build, they worked out perfect!

Da only other parts I added were new tires, pads, Oury Grips, decals (thanks Brett) & Zeronine number plate. As you can see I ran #26, because this bike has been around da BMX race circuit since 1983, then 26 years later in 2009 she is finally retired.....

Enjoy,

~G

Here's my 1st thread on this bike...

http://www.os-bmx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39272

DSCI0610.JPG

DSCI0612.JPG

Here she is all cleaned up, I spent a few days on her. I completely took her ALL apart, used steel wool on da frame & forks which brought da original chrome back to life, da chrome on this bike is GORGEOUS!!! I then dis-assembled each rim, steel-wooled EACH spoke :30: , then re-laced, & trued! Da original Uni seat fell apart when I took it out of da frame, luckily for me I had da same exact one, but NOS! Da 175's I traded out for some 180's (thanks erole) just because I like da feel of them better, then I added da pedals w/ urchin cages. Da brakes are stamped " MONTY POWER", I've never heard of them but scored them @ a swap meet a few years ago knowing I would use them on some type of build, they worked out perfect!

Da only other parts I added were new tires, pads, Oury Grips, decals (thanks Brett) & Zeronine number plate. As you can see I ran #26, because this bike has been around da BMX race circuit since 1983, then 26 years later in 2009 she is finally retired.....

Enjoy,

~G

:ThumbsUp: Very nice.

a few more

DSCI0614.JPG

DSCI0618.JPG

Enjoy,

~G

:ThumbsUp: Very nice. What track is that? Looks like bellflower.

more..

DSCI0615.JPG

DSCI0617.JPG

Edited by Da-G-Ryd

last ones...

DSCI0619.JPG

DSCI0621.JPG

Beautiful! :wow:

Very clean, sik, ill, cold chillin', na mean?

Those brakes snap back like modern brakes. Very very good.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Super clean.. Simple chrome and powerful looking.

I love the crazy Brakes!

The PL bars look awesome too. :)

:rawks: Looks great G, glad I could help with the decals bro. Will the other thing I sent you work as well? :)

:rawks: Looks great G, glad I could help with the decals bro. Will the other thing I sent you work as well? :)

Your a life saver on da decals :ThumbsUp: , & yes they'll work just fine!

"Monty Power" on the brakes?

Could they be from Montessa? Made for trials riding?

Or is the "Monty" trials bike company a different company than Montessa? I can't remember, but I do know there is a Euro bike company called "Monty".

Oh, and the bike came out nice G!

Yeeaaa-uh!

:wow:

That rig was just placed on the list of faves! NICE!

Looks awesome G. Hope to catch a glimpse of it live in June!

:break:

LIKE RIK FLAIR WOULD SAY.................WOOOOO! hey G did you use sos steel wool pads with the soap on them that stuff kicks ass. good job on saving another piece of bmx history.

looks great, what kind of stem lock is that and the brake set up is trick

It's a silver Suntour head-lock, & yeah da brakes are one of my favorite parts on da bike!!!

Just a little update, I just navigated da original owner to this site. He's actually reading this thread as I type this. Much thanks, Chad, & I wish Dillon great success on his new bike & racing career!

~G

That bike is killer, and those brakes are very cool!!!

Nice build. :)

hey G did you use sos steel wool pads with the soap on them

0000 super fine steel wool is what I used, that & plenty of elbow grease :30: