Sign in to follow this  
Brian P

SummerSlam 5

Well, I had planned on going but my son decided to Be born at 6:39am Saturday morning, so obviously that threw a stick in the Tuffs :)

Hope everyone had a blast, miss you guys .... and Happy Birthday, Brixton :)

Congrats!! Nothing in this world beats being a dad...enjoy the ride!

Brixton - cool name and a good lookin' little guy! (saw his pic on FB)

Congrats Guav! BP made an announcement at the Slam and the crowd went wild...of course, I think the first keg was kicked at that point-LOL

Thanks again to BP and Joanne for hosting the BMX event of the summer...I even left with less stuff and a pocket full of cash which made the trip worth it X2.

Jamison

Had a great time, as usual.

Thanks Brian, Johanna for hosting.

Great time hanging out with everyone.

Congratulations, Guav and Bea!!!!!!

I can't believe Museum beat OS in posting pics! (even thou I can't view that photo hosting site out here)

-Todd

Well, I had planned on going but my son decided to Be born at 6:39am Saturday morning, so obviously that threw a stick in the Tuffs :)Hope everyone had a blast, miss you guys .... and Happy Birthday, Brixton :)
:cheers: congrats to you and mom.
I can't believe Museum beat OS in posting pics! (even thou I can't view that photo hosting site out here)-Todd
so typical. believe it. This is slackerbmx.com. There are good pics in trackside though.

great times guys, i was WAYYYY to busy to take any pics, hopefully lou and marcus will post up theirs soon..... along with any one else.

some KILLER bikes at the party, and some definate great times! it is turning into a full family event.

2 kegs killed and gallons upon gallons of water, it had to be around 90 plus degrees in the shade. but that didnt phase anyone from having a good time!

thanks to everyone for coming out, especially to whoever left a 'gift' in my mailbox!

only request i have in the past is if everyone that comes, just find me and say "hi"..... there were a few people who were present and didnt even introduce themselves!

now i need a break........

word

fellas just chillin out.... the way a BBQ should be!

012.jpg

the winners of the show

027.jpg

028.jpg

toasting the winners with a bottle of my first homebrew.... "slam ale"

029.jpg

the first NJ pro BMXer dave dechert came out with his recently aquired 'goose... the only moto-mags at the slam.... he still has his old factory shimano uniform!

030.jpg

Was a great time, thanks Pleva fam once again!! I left my wife sitting with the camera for a bit & had no idea she took these pictures until this afternoon. I think she's got a pretty artsy eye dont you?

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04071.jpg

had to get a shot riding the Schwinn.

DSC04085.jpg

here's a couple more,

Meg showing us her, Matt & my GJS freestyle in Creme magazine. cool.

DSC04076.jpg

Matt pickin up an award! Coolest GJS I've ever seen.

DSC04079.jpg

The woman who puts up with the most annoying man-boy on the planet. My wife Jennine.

DSC04074.jpg

Wow, what a day! ("Hot as nuts" but still a great day). It was an incredible gathering. The day flies by way too fast to really take it all in. Thanks again to the Pleva's for their hospitality. It was great meeting so many people and putting faces with names/screen names once again.

I have to tell you, when it came time to vote for each class, it was extreme difficult to pick just one bike. I had looked over many of the bikes for quite a length of time all day and then again spent another 20 minutes or so in each class trying to narrow it down at vote time. Incredible effort and execution in all of the entries.

Matt's Best of Show GJS was a work of art -- truly. I am glad to have taken a small part in what Matt revealed was a collaborative effort. Matt's a great guy and makes friends where ever he roams. It shows in this bike for sure.

Bill (Silverhw), great to meet you and Charlie in person (Charlie's quite the character -- hopefully he'll stop by OS here some time and say hello). So many people made the trek from far away. It's a great experience. If you haven't been to a Summer Slam yet, don't miss next year!!

along with swag from OS-BMX, animal bikes, Rsabout and vans, chromey designed up the trophy # plate designs this year and they came out GREAT, unfortunately i didnt take pics of the plates, so maybe someone can post one???

also i tried my hand a home-brewing and made my first batch of ale which i called "slam ale" just for the BBQ, the winners all got a drink as did the late night stragglers at my house!.... big thanks to mike deno helping me out and teaching me about brewing

100_2694.jpg

100_2696.jpg

okay, I'm late to the party (again)! It took me and Tony almost an hour to find Brian's place after our GPS had us on the wrong side of the lake. It was a total blast and I got to put some faces to the names. Unfortunately, there were so many cool people and bikes to drool over that I didn't even get to meet everyone. Now I guess I just have to keep making it to all of these events in order to do that (starting with the Philly ride next month). Anyway, I was dog tired and didn't get home until after midnight after unloading all the bikes, returning the rental van and getting back home! Then I had to drag my butt out of bed and to the mall to take my youngest daughter shopping for clothes today, for the start of the new school year in a few weeks! So here goes...

This was my first summer slam and I'm glad I was able to attend. It was really cool meeting up with some of you which I've met before and those that I met for the first time. A really fantastic group of people and an incredible display of awesome bikes!!! Brian's Garage shop is insane! You could spend hours in there just looking at everything and you'll notice something new with each pass over! Brian was a great host and I can't thank him and his wife enough for having us over! Brian, I finally got to meet your wife as we had finished loading up the bikes!!! Such a sweetheart too!

Here are a couple of pics to whet your appetite and a link to my small photobucket album of the event.

Brian's awesome day glo orange GT and kick ramp

GQ8K4266.jpg

The winning race bike - absolutely insane build! You could not out do this Profile Champ Pro - Seriously! Take my word for it, this was top notch and the owner was very cool.

GQ8K4272_2.jpg

Matt's (Chromey) sick GJS bike which one best of show (I didn't know he had this kind of build in him!)

GQ8K4261.jpg

who likes the black smoke?

GQ8K4268.jpg

Do you think Chip felt at home?

GQ8K4278.jpg

My gathering of bikes that I brought along

GQ8K4259.jpg

My man Tony's (Gunluva) bikes. The Skyway and Trickstar are fresh builds, but the cali red RL22 and Blue Pro Racer are his original bikes from BITD! The RL is a complete survivor and the Hutch was powdered by Chip because the Chrome was flaking badly.

GQ8K4260.jpg

Just look at this sweet black beauty (JMC)!

GQ8K4282.jpg

Matt hawking flyers for the Philly ride (I'm there this year!)

GQ8K4312.jpg

Body Odor check!!! (Yeah, it's rank!) Seriously, this is Joe I believe who was coordinating the voting and ballot collections and announcer. It was hella hot in the Sun and as soon as you wiped your brow, new beads of sweat appeared!

GQ8K4317.jpg

And the winners circle

GQ8K4327.jpg

You can see the rest here:

http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr230/q...mer%20Slam%205/

home labeled, home brewed beers = next level gathering ism :cheers:

Good writeup from Brett. Great to hear the shop will be featured in a magazine! Haha. Who would have thought 5 years ago?!!

Looks like another great day for everyone. Hopefully Brian and family have now recovered.

Thanks for mentioning me bro! Great time, looks like I may be making lots of treks (tracks) to NNJ in the future.... :writing:

It's BMXNJ.com though..... ;-)

Edited by bmiddaugh

Brian awesome time as usual, Massive hangover the next day, But I made it to the track.

anyone hungry? the begining of the food line

I am so eagerly awaiting Jeff S's video. :)

it seems as if jeff is giving me the raw footage this year. im gonna try and make it myself....

not alot of riding this year due to the heat, so its gonna be alot of bikes and stills.....

gives me a chance to play with the movie maker on my mac.