Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

Thanks to everyone who attended and supported the Reunion & Show at Peck Park

Yesterday’s event at Peck Park was amazing. It is my understanding, if all the feedback I’ve been getting the past 24 hours is to be believed, that by attending the event yesterday, you all played a part in creating the largest, most spectacular Old School BMX event ever. People thank me constantly, but the truth is… what makes events like yesterday’s so special is the people who attend, so it is in fact me that owes each of you all the thanks. I really can’t express my gratitude. I mean that most sincerely. Thank you.

I believe yesterday could justifiably be referred to as a peak event in BMX history. Seriously. I’m not bullshitting. There were so many bmx homies, so many truly jaw dropping bikes, so many stars of BMX freestyle, so many legends of racing, so many ground breakers from the industry and sanctioning side of BMX history… it was in short INCREDIBLE. Really.

Of course I’d like to single a bunch of people out for special recognition:

First of all, I want to thank the entire OS-BMX moderating posse for coming out. I feel like I know all these guys so well, but the fact is that this was the first time I’d met a couple of these guys face to face. At times like this past weekend, when I am fortunate enough to get together with these guys in person for a sit down, it only confirms to me that I’ve managed to get a group of truly first class individuals on board to help me run this site. I’m fortunate as hell and I know it.

So thank you Kerry, Jake, Tom, Brian P, and Brett. You guys changed my life this year, I was actually able to enjoy a bit and talk to the people I needed to talk to and all that. Much obliged.

I want to thank Dan Goins and Brian Britt for all their help this weekend too. You guys put in work and again… I’m so glad I asked you guys for assistance because you were a major part of the event. Thanks so much. Always great to see Dan, and it was very cool to meet Brian Britt in person for the first time. Felt like kicking it with old friends.

Matt Hanemann and Megan… more first class peeps. You guys rule. Matt did the artwork for the show. Shirts sold out before 10am. A testament to the massive appeal of Matt’s art work for the event. The fliers and posters were in great demand… every thing was gone before the sun was even above the height of the mountains pretty much. Infinite gratitude from my side, Matt.

Ron Plumlee… major thanks for the decals. Wow. So good. The event decal featuring Matt’s flier artwork as well as the number plate name tag design. Again… wicked popular. People freaking loved those. Thanks for all your assistance with the flatland component of the show as well! Much appreciated. Shout out to Hizz Dicks & Bike Muff too!

Steve Blackey – you are the freaking man! The bike show trophies were absolutely bonkers. So incredible… I can’t thank you enough for dialing those in so perfectly.

Sean Ewing – thank you for your kind assistance on those awards and everything else you do. I can always count on Sean. Rock solid dude.

Greyboy – Grey does so much for the show and the site in general. He keeps it on the absolute DL too… I know how you roll, so I won’t belabor the point, but I appreciate it so much and just thanks for helping take the bumps out of my path so shit goes smoothly.

Truly Odd – Thanks my man. I’m lucky you're on the team, and I appreciate the support.

Huge , HUGE gratitude to the LEGENDS OF FREESTYLE. I’m just stunned and humbled that you guys are willing to put in such hard work on our little BMX party. You all are so absolutely down to earth and a joy to be around, I am pretty sure it doesn't really sink in to you guys how important your mere presence is at our events. The fact that not only do you attend… but absolutely RAGE and shred the ramps into splinters for our entertainment just pushes the whole deal over the top.

So thank you Todd Anderson, Martin Aparijo, Brian Blyther, Castillo, Mike Dominguez, Eddie Fiola, Chad Harington, Woody Itson, Matt Hoffman (after party only due to late flight, but great to connect, Matt), Chad Johnston, Tony Murray, John Povah, Lee Reynolds, Andy Shohara, Steve Swope, Dave Voelker, Xavier, Simon Tabron…

Man, I don’t like to do lists like that, because it never fails that I overlook somebody, but please don’t take it as a snub… it’s just me being blown out from such an amazing day. Can't even express how grateful and honored I am to you fellas for all you do for the show and site in general. I missed much of the legends show due to handling event stuff but I really enjoyed hanging out and appreciate so much everything that you guys do.

Now, last but not at all least - the two guys without whom I could simply not pull off this event – Dan Hubbard and Alvin Mullins. When I’m over in Nepal sitting in the dark with no electricity, I can stop stressing because I know that my two main men have shit handled. Whatever I write here would not BEGIN to explain the debt of gratitude I owe these guys. Dan hosting the show and Alvin with the constant behind the scenes dialing and absolutely UNMATCHED hospitality literally make not only the event, but the whole weekend. Alvin is known as the “ambassador of Old School BMX” for good reason. To see him in action is an amazing thing. Ask anybody. Alvin, you are in short my most valued ally. Thank you.

So thanks to all of you mentioned, and everyone I over looked, and in fact each and every individual who attended. You were all very much an ESSENTIAL piece of the Old School BMX Reunion & Show puzzle in 2009.

Just a last little shout out to all the event sponsors. Thank you to Vans! Your support was just amazing. Mr. Van Doren himself came out to the show and personally delivered a grip of Vans loot. Thank you, Sir!

Thanks as always to our long time ally SE Racing!

Thanks to Rick & Patti and Rick’s Bike Shop

Thanks to the guys at Animal BMX.

Thanks to RSAbout

Thanks to Toby Henderson and THE, Intense, Vigor, Sinz, etc.

Thanks so much to Mike and Joffrey’s coffee! Mike, you and Joffrey’s got me through the week and helped make sure I had everything covered!

And thanks also to the guys from Odyssey for coming out and their support.

Special last mention – Thanks Rick and Patti for making it. Rick had to go to the hospital Friday night, and pulled the IV’s and wires off of himself and dashed out of the hospital on Saturday afternoon to make the show. HARDCORE!

I have one more BIG THANK YOU to a bunch of you to dole out. You know what I'm talking about. I'll be back for that in a separate thread after lunch. :wink:

Another stellar show!! Thanks to all the guys who run this site and the effort it takes to put this caliber of show together! If only there for a couple hours, it was obvious this was the show to NOT miss. Just wished I could hung out longer.

Big props to Steve Brothers and the Mods!!! Good times hangin with you guys at Huntington and the show... :rawks:

i got violently ill a couple of hours into the show and I had to go home--my sister was also home, as violently ill as me. ugh.

i did have fun though, the few hours that I was there. so many cool bikes, so many cool people, and me, violently ill, sweating and sleeping and puking for 18 hours.

Harsh, Bert. 24hr thing?

Thnaks to you guys--Steve, the Mods, Alvin, Blackey, etc. Great event. Very well done.

:Praise: :Praise: :Praise: :Praise: :Praise:

Super cool to meet all you guys from out of town. It was nice to put faces and real personalities with screen names.

Ur welcome

Kudos on the show guys. It was truly an amazing experience.

:break:

even though i got there late and left early, (due to my health) but i really enjoyed it. lots of old friends that i don't get to see as much as i would like to, and meeting people for the first time.

i won't mention names because i WILL miss someone so...............................................

THANK YOU ALL, :ThumbsUp: and this means the show promoters and the people who brought out bikes and the spectators as well.

THANK YOU :ThumbsUp:

:thanks:

RICK TWOMEY

RICK'S BIKE SHOP

It was great to see you, Patti and Doug out there. Congtats to Sodbuster, truly deserving of such an award.

It was a honor to be a part of it. Truly one of the biggest highlights in my collecting career. Great job Steve!

Well Said Steve ! 5 star event

God, I hate to miss something as stellar as this but that's the way things sometimes go. This site, Steve, the mods, and all the homies here make this site second to none!!

Steve,

Thank YOU for having this event. I am glad I finally was able to make it to this event. I had a blast, got to meet some of you guys from the board, saw some incredible bikes and just had a great time. I also got to catch up with old friends, new friends and basically just have fun as a big kid!

Thanks to everybody for such a fun time and I'm looking forward to next years event!

God, I hate to miss something as stellar as this but that's the way things sometimes go. This site, Steve, the mods, and all the homies here make this site second to none!!

We need to pull a bank robbery to get Hayes out next year....any good wheelmen here?

Well, if you go by pedigree.......I was taught how to drive by two stock car racers (Mom & Dad), so I might be able to help!

very well said steve! :cheers:

a great day of hanging out and having tons of fun with a bunch of bmx nerds. :nana: :homies: thanks for all the hard work you and everyone do to make these shows happen, it gets better every year! :bravo: :bowdownAll:

i'm sure everybody will agree...it's much appreciated! :thanks: :True: :NoBS: :Sure:

Guest Joe7
very well said steve! :cheers:

a great day of hanging out and having tons of fun with a bunch of bmx nerds. :nana: :homies: thanks for all the hard work you and everyone do to make these shows happen, it gets better every year! :bravo: :bowdownAll:

i'm sure everybody will agree...it's much appreciated! :thanks: :True: :NoBS: :Sure:

It was a great show...I want to say thanx to Danny Hubbard. It was cool of him to let me spin some tunes for the crowd..

Harsh, Bert. 24hr thing?

yeah. woke up at 3 am dehydrated and ache-y, but better. then slept for 6 more hours.

so upset that i missed everything, i even had a special kickturn bike ready.

Absolutely incredible show Steve. This is The event to attend. I will make it next year if I have to walk there!

Doug

Thanks Steve B. & Mods for an EPIC day!! It was great to hang with COOL People and check out some COOL Bikes!! I'll be there next year FO SHO!!!! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Great show. OS events are gaining some popularity outside this community. I ran into a friend who just attended from word of mouth.

We need to pull a bank robbery to get Hayes out next year....any good wheelmen here?

Well, if you go by pedigree.......I was taught how to drive by two stock car racers (Mom & Dad), so I might be able to help!

Sweet. I'll provide the ski masks. :lol: