Sign in to follow this  
cashmatthews

ABA BMX Hall of Fame Voting Is Now Open!

On behalf of the American Bicycle Association and the ABA BMX Hall of Fame, I am happy to announce that the voting for the 2009 Hall of Fame Inductees is now open! BA Anderson, President of the ABA, was happy to introduce this year's ballot which includes the superstars of the 70's, 80's, and industry nominees. According to Anderson, " this year will be one of the most exciting years in the history of the Hall of Fame. We have some new changes and additions that we are so proud of and our committee has done an excellent job in preserving and promoting the cause and history of BMX in America and now the world"

I am pleased to be working with the ABA in a special role helping direct these new activities and we are so excited about some new format changes to the HOF. During the Rockford Banquet this year, we will be making our first public announcements about some exciting additions to the BMX HOF. BA has done a great job taking over the top role at the ABA and his excitement level is quite contagious! I couldn't be more excited about seeing the Hall of Fame grow in stature as we seek to continue promoting bmx and ensuring it's longevity.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Rockford or at the BMX Hall of Fame Ceremony! This is one that you will not want to miss!

Cash Matthews

Please Vote Now: http://www.ababmx.com/index.php?page=defau...576&search=

Wow. I can't believe half of those guys--racers and industry--aren't already in. Seriously, Steve Rink, Steve Johnson, Howie Cohen aren't already in the HoF? Huh?

There are so many great candidates for the HOF! Our sport has had so many stars and top notch competitors and companies. Given that the HOF is only 23 years old, it does take a while to make things right. There are some great changes coming to the HOF this year and we will be announcing those at the Rockford banquet then online shortly after. I am so excited to see the coming changes and I am proud to be working with the ABA on preserving our bmx heritage. Places like OS and Vintage have really rallied the old school troops in a positive way and the members of these sites have done a great deal in making BMX, the HOF, and the sports heritage much more solid.

Thanks for playing part in this historic vote! Let me tell you also, EVERY vote counts.

Cash

:ThumbsUp: Voted...but 'wrote in' 2 of my 3 votes!

I voted

and forward the link to others

Thanks everyone for your votes. Please keep them coming in and spread the word where you can. Voting will be a little shorter this year and we need to get the word out. Thanks Mr. Brothers for this awesome forum where we can reach out to each other to continue the good work of BMX.

Cash Matthews

cash where is marvin church sr in this no good come on cash where is the love for hof