Sign in to follow this  
SHADESSEAN

Ralphs Bicycles HUSTLER

Great find and welcome to the site!

Was able to dig up my old sticker collection... and came across these that Ralph hooked me up with:

Ralph\'s Bicycles.jpg

nice find...congrats. OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

is the brake bridge on your frame round or a flat plate? sux there's not hustler forks on your frame....pro size hustler forks are never seen.

those decals are sick too.

i'm one of the guys s.bros is talking about with a few Ralph's/Hustler things in the collection. i haven't got pics of my stuff yet since i'm still accumulating stuff for a comprehensive thread but i'm trying to get to it soon.

The brake bridge is flat... so from what i understand from these forums it may be a later model??? Serial "SH 100"

I was a little bummed about the forks not being Hustler. Mostly just because this is the bike i always admired when i was a kid, and for some reason don't remember the JMC forks being on it. What really bothers me is the black paint on the white rims and chrome spokes. But i'm thinking it will clean up.

I was happy to see the Cook handlebars on it... just as i remembered. :rockout:

had to post this, me flying from Melbourne to LA in 1984 with my Ralphs T shirt on, was a long horrible flight.

funny, seeing I lived on a bike from 79-84, this is the only bike related picture I have from back then. No camera back then I guess.

IMG.jpg

That is a classic 'in-flight' photo. Nothin like being cooped up in cramped quarters for the better part of a day. :)

Nice shirt though.

So were you here in SoCal and did you get to hang with Ralph?

yeah I was in the Valley, but didn't get to hang out with any BMX people. had several of those factory Ralph tshirts and Torker ones.

Little differences in where some tubes are bent and located aside I still say there is family resemblance here. laugh.gif

DSC01307 - resize.JPG

HTL2.JPG

Interesting Brian.

Is that in your stable?

I'll show mine if you show me yours...

:ROTFLMAO:

The brake bridge is flat... so from what i understand from these forums it may be a later model??? Serial "SH 100"

I was a little bummed about the forks not being Hustler. Mostly just because this is the bike i always admired when i was a kid, and for some reason don't remember the JMC forks being on it. What really bothers me is the black paint on the white rims and chrome spokes. But i'm thinking it will clean up.

I was happy to see the Cook handlebars on it... just as i remembered. :rockout:

don't know how many they made but 100 doesn't sound too late.

whats the length of top tube?

Interesting Brian.

Is that in your stable?

I'll show mine if you show me yours...

ROTFLMAO.gif

Yea Red the Laguna is mine. There is a pic of the complete bike on the first page of this thread. smile.gif

don't know how many they made but 100 doesn't sound too late.

whats the length of top tube?

Not sure how to measure exactly, but from weld to weld on the very top of the top tube it's abotu 17.75"

you measure along the top tube from the center of the seat tube to the center of the head tube.

17.75 is shorter than the frames i have. my frames are 20" top tubes (pro sized). judging by the searial number "SH" and TT length...yours is a "standard" frame.

pretty cool...i've never seen one before.

you measure along the top tube from the center of the seat tube to the center of the head tube.

OK re-measured following these guidelines. More like 19".

I had a real nice frame and bars and forks I sold to Lee awhile back. Maybe he will post pics of it. He never sells anything. :lol:

ironically enough, i just got round to framing this one today while barracaded in the house during the blizzard....

still hella thankful, TO !

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Truly Odd, whatever happened to the Hustler comprehensive timeline info you were putting together?

Here's mine. Sold it to Lee Jones 10 plus years ago. Just bought it back. Im on a roll reaquiring stuff I never should have let go of.

6ea2_3.jpg

7363_3.jpg

CIMG1873.jpg

Sick frame. That's an early one with the round brake bridge.

totally forgot about this thread, it is pretty cool